Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite town/city?

2...Next

Comments

• Crazychic08Crazychic08 Posts: 79
    edited July 2011
    I want to be in a town with Jared, Cycl0ne, Mort, Ryan and such.
    I know most of the characters and townies, I love them as well.

I just modify the heck out of Sunset Valley as much as I can. Put a bar and get rid of that ugly diner. Put a child friendly central park. Lastly, buy that property with the waterfall for outdoor weddings even though a crowd laughed their pants off when the groom ran from the altar cause he surprised me by turning into a vampire. :roll:
  • aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sunset Valley

Riverview

Bridgeport-if it was not so laggy and slow it would be better.:)
  • crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Probably sunset valley or Riverview. Bridgport is okay but the elevators irritate me. Plus I find it hard really settle my sims into Bridgport. I usually only play it if I want to mess around with some celebrity sims.
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sunset Valley
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited July 2011
    I always expected Bridgeport to be the favourite but obviously not. It does lag a lot which annoys me...
  • shay480shay480 Posts: 880 Member
    edited July 2011

Bridgeport has a couple of spots in unroutable terrain that didn't get covered, so townies get stuck in them. That's supposedly what causes some of the lag. I saw a mod for it at MTS, but don't remember who made it or what it's called. It would still be too slow for me because of the elevators. By the time you get to a club it's time to go home. I was teleporting my sims everywhere when I played that town.

I like Riverview when I can play it, but it tends to uninstall itself from time to time. For that reason I can't get too attached to anyone.

SV is best for me, but I usually have to redo the park and several houses, as well as replace some townies that get on my nerves.

:)

"I'm hungry! Bring me a neighbor!"
    b9b8f6e8.jpg
    edited July 2011
    shay480 wrote:
    Bridgeport has a couple of spots in unroutable terrain that didn't get covered, so townies get stuck in them. That's supposedly what causes some of the lag. I saw a mod for it at MTS, but don't remember who made it or what it's called. It would still be too slow for me because of the elevators. By the time you get to a club it's time to go home. I was teleporting my sims everywhere when I played that town.

I like Riverview when I can play it, but it tends to uninstall itself from time to time. For that reason I can't get too attached to anyone.

SV is best for me, but I usually have to redo the park and several houses, as well as replace some townies that get on my nerves.

:)

I hate how you're unable to place blocks easily. It gets so annoying because it's hard to place a 64x64 block. I didn't realise that my house was on that size block (I thought it was on 60x60) so I had a lot of trouble trying to move my family into the city... :P

edited July 2011
    Bump...
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited July 2011
    As much as I love Bridgeport I still think I like Sunset Valley a little better. Probably because there is more room in Sunset Valley for houses and it's not as hectic as Bridgeport is.

I have also grown a liking to Twinbrook because it just seems so mysterious haha

Happy Simming! :D
  • NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited July 2011
    I like Los Aniegos, but it it's a battle of the EA neighbourhoods, Twinbrook and Riverview would win and Bridgeport would come in on a good 3:d place.

I'm remodeling the Sunset Valley (Second edition) to my own content. I like the layout of the place but I'm changing the buildings and adding parks and stuff. :D
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2011
    I love them all for different reasons. :D

If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a toss-up between Bridgeport, Riverview, and Twinbrook. I do like Sunset Valley and Barnacle Bay, but they seem a little too "perfect". I like the realism that you get from Bridgeport and Twinbrook. And I CAN'T WAIT for pets to come out, so that I can play Riverview as a posh horse-breeding community.
  • ViewSonic100ManViewSonic100Man Posts: 45 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I would have to say Sunset or River. Bridgeport would be great if it were not so BUGGY!. -has anyone been able to build the SimFriend (Robot) in Bridgeport yet. Or is it still messed up?

I have yet to re-create a world, or make one of my own. maybe someday soon..

edited August 2011
    I now really enjoy Sunset Valley after creating this post and re-did the whole town. It looks beautiful but I really hate the beach. I can't wait until Hidden Springs is released because that town is nice. The reflection on the water looks amazing. I also like how green the grass is. Whenever I make my homes, the lush lawn (WA) always looks so bold when I'm in map view. Now I just need a way to be able to afford it if it's 2000 simpoints (I only have 975 simpoints) :(
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2011
    Sunset Valley
  • LiveLoveSimsLiveLoveSims Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    Los Aniegos. HANDS DOWN.
    It practically is an EA world but 10X better.

If i had to choose an EA world it's sunset valley.

Twinbrooke has ugly people. Yuk!

LOS ANIEGOS...perfect!
    Farmland, City life, suburbia, beaches, beautiful nightlife...all in one. I love it so much it's the only world i play.