Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you start to lose interest in one generation and move onto the next?

amy88amy88 Posts: 1,185 New Member
To be honest I only really care about my sims when they are raising their kids, then move my attention on to the kids. Once the kid who I'm going to use as my next heir turns into a YA I usually have no interest in the rest of the family. I will keep the heir there until (usually) she finds a partner to move in with. Ocassionally I will invite her family over so she can still keep in contact with them and I have SP mod so they can carrying on living without needing me to give them commands. Every time a new baby is born I invite the family over.

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited August 2011
    I always try to keep my sims real close to their family even when they are moved out of the house. I just keep inviting them over or chat with them on the phone. I tend to fall in love with certain sims , not sure what it is about them , maybe their looks or maybe their personality. What ever it is I will continue to play them through their whole life span in one way or another.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited August 2011
    I try to get a different job to every heir and learn new things about their profession.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • KaelynaKaelyna Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm the same as you :P I turn my attention to the kids after they're born and when the heir turns into a YA i tend to concentrate on them and move spares out of the house ASAP once they had a partner
  • KirstyLKirstyL Posts: 974 Member
    edited August 2011
    As soon as the "heir" or the kid I know I want to play ages up to YA I move them out if they can afford it. Then they start working and looking for a spouse or baby daddy.
    imgad2-1.png
  • PreparetoTacoPreparetoTaco Posts: 40
    edited August 2011
    The last two generations I have chosen the oldest child, because they can get a spouse first. I'm having trouble with it because the boy I'm thinking of making the Gen 3 heir looks EXACTLY like his dad, who was the previous heir. Also, I'm unsure whether to make one of his sisters the heirs, because she is the only one so far who has blonde hair like her mom (she is the second youngest, she is a toddler).
    Usually I pay more attention to the children and teens then the babies and toddlers because the babies and toddlers bore me.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited August 2011
    For me losing interest and moving on are two different times. I always make my heir and their spouse achieve their lifetime wish to get the nice tombstone. That's about when I get bored. Usually that happens when my sims are children, and if lucky toddlers. However my last generation was a skill-based lifetime wish and I was bored to death waiting for my sim to max out her writing. I always let my sims age up naturally and once the heir is YA I move on.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2011
    I move onto the next when my current story is finished, and start a new one of one of their kids.
  • AnonymousMissAnonymousMiss Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited August 2011
    I generally begin to lose interest in a generation once their children have grown to, well, children. The only way the adults really keep my attention afterwards is by being employed in a profession or affairs. :twisted:

But sometimes I really love a Sim and play them through their entire life. I've only had three like that, though.