Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weapons and Creeps!

I think they should also expand on evil traits so to make it more realistic. Maybe have a Serial Killer trait :twisted:, a thief trait, not just klepto. Also weapons, I'd like to see the sims with weapons like pistols or knives, maybe even muskets for pirates! :lol: And swords too, so they could do fencing tournaments! What do you think? I have many other ideas too! But they might have to make a sims4 to make this work. :wink:

Comments

• g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited August 2011
    SnowyDove wrote:
    I think they should also expand on evil traits so to make it more realistic. Maybe have a Serial Killer trait :twisted:, a thief trait, not just klepto. Also weapons, I'd like to see the sims with weapons like pistols or knives, maybe even muskets for pirates! :lol: And swords too, so they could do fencing tournaments! What do you think? I have many other ideas too! But they might have to make a sims4 to make this work. :wink:

Well since you asked what I think...

I think someone has an unhealthy obsession with violence and death and is confusing this game with some of the other games out there.

• HeartfangHeartfang Posts: 582 New Member
    edited August 2011
    g01denswan wrote:
    SnowyDove wrote:

Well since you asked what I think...

I think someone has an unhealthy obsession with violence and death and is confusing this game with some of the other games out there.

:lol:
  • OnAvieOnAvie Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited August 2011
    Umm... I like the fencing idea, but as for the others.. I don't think THEY'LL be added.

Remember that this is The Sims, not GTA. The features have to be kept at an appropriate level as this is a Teen Rated game.

As I said though, the fencing thing sounds pretty cool. :D
  • Streetdival01Streetdival01 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I don't like serial killer but the rest sounds interesting. Why add evil if they don't do anything really bad , EA ? I mean , they should jazz it up more. I would love to see the criminals do more real crime and the cops do more real policing. Otherwise , why have either in game ? And , it wouldn't affect the rating because you can have extreme violence in teen game.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2011
    Feel the need to kill then go play Left 4 Dead this is the Sims suppose to be for families not blowing heads off with a shotgun.
  • lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited August 2011
    I like the fencing and swords part.
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    I know it doesn't have to be gory but again why have the evil trait when they don't do much. Plus they could have a version for just adults you know. :)
  • tweedledeedumtweedledeedum Posts: 57 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I love the fencing idea!

I don't know how I feel about serial killer traits etc. It seems a little too violent. On the other hand, I get tired of my detective solving mysteries concerning how the client stubbed his toe. It would make it a lot easier to play with golddigging spouses etc if there was a legitimate way to do away with the spouse beyond removing doors and windows from a room. I think it would be interesting if a golddigger had the option when threatened with the breakup of his/her relationship to do away with the spouse even if it was create a potion that will decrease days left of person. If they were seen the sim would be arrested and hmmm get stuck in a sim rabbit hole jail for a certain length of time. I don't know.
    Well if we have an increase in crime we need a legal career with sims defending other sims before a judge. :)
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    No. The Sims is not meant to be a violent game, meaning no murder or lethal weapons. You can find those in nearly any other game out there, so if that's what you really want so bad you should go play an FPS.

The absence of death and violence is what sets The Sims franchise apart from every other game.
  • Streetdival01Streetdival01 Posts: 717 New Member
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    No. The Sims is not meant to be a violent game, meaning no murder or lethal weapons. You can find those in nearly any other game out there, so if that's what you really want so bad you should go play an FPS.

The absence of death and violence is what sets The Sims franchise apart from every other game.

Ummm , but there is already death and violence in sims.Meteriors. Cowplants. To name two. They don't live forever. OP makes sense. The evil trait is pretty much useless as it is. And , what is the use of the police and pi careers if everything is tame ?
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    LittleV wrote:

Ummm , but there is already death and violence in sims.Meteriors. Cowplants. To name two. They don't live forever. OP makes sense. The evil trait is pretty much useless as it is. And , what is the use of the police and pi careers if everything is tame ?
    Because it's The Sims. Like I said, this is not a shoot-em-up game or a serial killer game. Any violence in The Sims is cartoonish and tame, not realistic and violent.
  • niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited August 2011
    This game already has: Starvation, drowning, electrocution, meteors falling from the sky, sex (premarital as well), alcohol (I guess), and the bubble bar resembles drugs. So it is only missing sim on sim killing. I say go for it, but make it without blood and guts. I do also want to see fencing. :mrgreen:

Edit: Ooooh. What if they add a new law system with a lawer proffesion as well. There would be 2 sides Deffense and Prosecution. at level 4 you split between the two, and then at level 8, they combine and the last 3 are Judge, Statewide judge, Supreme Simcourt Judge. The deffense and prosecution would look for evidence to prove their client's innocence, or advance your prosecution. You get payed whether you win or lose but if you win you get a bonus. Sounds interesting right. :mrgreen:
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    If you ever have seen the tom and jerry cartoons you know they are violent. However I think with out the blood & guts there can still be sim killing. In fact I've seen several cartoons where they killed each other and became an angel or ghost. It would certainly make the gold diggers happier. The advancement of law system would be good too I agree with you niac1234. :wink: