Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This isn't The Sims anymore.

Comments

• Options
    SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    Sims 2 deffinately had more depth with the social bunny ect. I do think they need to loosen it up a little and also add things from what the sims 2 had to the sims3. There are also way too many glitches and things going wrong with the sims3 game, the sims2 never crashed for me and my man. So I'd like sims 3 better if customer support was more helpful and less stupid bugs with the game. Its still the sims but it definitely needs improvement.
  • Options
    xXRayVenXxxXRayVenXx Posts: 45
    edited August 2011
    I wonder if any moderators have actually had a look at this because its making me wonder, why have an 'ideas and feedback' thread and not take any notice of it?
    I agree with what everyones posted here, i always have a character who is either unemployed, self employed or has a job like paranormal investigator that i can actually see and control whilst on the job, im sick of my sims either going to work or going to the local cafe or even shopping and not being able to see what the hell is going on. I think the sims is going on a downward spiral just to, as someone mentioned earlier, be the 'coolest' game out, we dont want 'cool' we want originality and thats what the whole purpose of the sims was meant to be, a game based on originality and creativity, its pretty much the only game of its kind and now its getting ruined because the developers are slacking off - BIG TIME! they've added things that shouldnt have been added and taken away what shouldnt have been taken.
    I think everyone needs to take note and try to get this noticed by at least someone in EA otherwise as i said before, this 'ideas and feedback' thread is completely useless
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have high hopes for Pets. Maybe they'll do it right this time. :D

Me too!
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited August 2011
    xXRayVenXx wrote:
    I wonder if any moderators have actually had a look at this because its making me wonder, why have an 'ideas and feedback' thread and not take any notice of it?

Yeah, there was one a while back posting in here I believe.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2011
    And yeah, I would take loading screens over rabbitholes any day.

Yeah, I don't even see how the lack of loading screens is even good when there's close to nowhere to go to even notice the lack of them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    imagine all of the game crippling glitches that would happen to most of people that own the game, if EA opened up the rabbit holes and put in seasons.

I think I already mentioned that I have most of the rabbit holes opened up and no glitches.

I don't even kn ow if I really want Pets for Sims 3. I love Pets in Sims 2 and I just get the feeling the Sims 3 one won't measure up, even with the addition of horses. If I thought it would make me actually want to play Sims 3 then it would be worth it, though I do have a niggling feeling that I'm just throwing good money after bad. I will likely buy it to see if that is the thing I need to get me into this game, though if I am disappointed, then chances are I'll just give up and stick to good old Sims 2.

I know it's a bit late for them to do anything about their plans for Sims 3, but maybe they'll take all this on board for Sims 4, somehow though, I doubt it.

Yeah, I don't even see how the lack of loading screens is even good when there's close to nowhere to go to even notice the lack of them.

excellent point!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Opening up the rabbit holes doesn't solve the problem. Yes, there are two types of rabbit holes which actually could be opened up: The store and the restaurant. The other rabbit holes are the schools and the places where the Sims go to work and those places didn't even exist in the Sims 2.

I have opened the bookstore, the restaurants, the general store, I have an antique store, I have a shopping mall, I even have fake wine bars with the nectary racks (and that was before late night). Yes it is better on the gameplay, just a bit better and gives you something to do.

Still I don't play the game and prefer Sims 2. I know it's down to how I feel about the Sims, I think the Sims 3 Sims aren't as smart as the Sims 2 ones. Plus all the glitches like everyone in town being a celeb, have just totally ruined it for me. Most issues would have been easy to avoid and would be easy to fix, like celebs, why aren't they just movie stars, people in rock bands/musicians, maybe astronauts or spots personalities. Whoever though talking to a celeb should make a doctor or fireman a celeb doesn't actually play this game.

I'm sure all this stuff seems like a great idea to the developers and this is what they really want in the game. The problem though is, that it's what we think that matters as it's us who pay for it. Without us paying for this game, they won't have a job. They really need to start paying attention to big threads like this with it all laid out for them.

The next EP after Pets is reported to be something completely different to anything we've had before? Well I get the feeling that it might well be another Generations type thing where they throw all our ideas in a big pot and let it simmer, we all know that most of the things we're saying, are things we should have had in previous EP's

I'm off to play Sims 2, I have a couple on holiday and she fell pregnant, so I want to get them home, and get them a pet before the real Sim baby comes along (no cocoon).

Do you all remember how the babies looked different in Sims 2, I can never wait to see the baby when it's born. Sims 3, I can't wait to get it a birthday cake and age it up.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

Yeah, it was never an issue for me.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

Yeah, it was never an issue for me.

I started The Sims 2 with a computer that was almost bare minimum requirements to run the game. I am a VERY impatient person, but... Loading screens never bothered me all of that much. I guess, I don't really even know why.

The "lack" of them in The Sims 3 has never been a big plus for me. If I had to load up my Sim going to a rabbithole I would be ticked off, so to me, no loading screens to visit rabbitholes is a no brainer. It just had to be that way. It's not some wonderful thing that makes The Sims 3 so much better than The Sims 2. I mean, at least in The Sims 2 there were places to go. Those loading screens were justified.

If Expansion Pack 6 isn't going to be Seasons, then it better fix this and give us back our open restaurants/stores. Otherwise, I can't see what could be worth buying.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    I grew up with The Sims 1 and 2, and I was thrilled to buy a new expansion pack every few months. I remember rushing out to the store the day it was released, just because it was a "Sims" game. Now I just don't seem to have that level of excitement with The Sims 3. I don't even know when the games come out until I see them on the store shelves. I just feel that EA didn't put as much effort into The Sims 3 as they did for The Sims 1 and 2. It lacks quality, and I will go as far as to say that the game is too dumbed down, oversimplified and boring.

There are a lot of things that The Sims 1 and 2 so great. These things seem to be missing from The Sims 3 and has made it a lot less interesting. Do you remember the cake dancer, social bunny, obsessed fan or sad clown? Or being abducted by aliens? What about the scary music that played when there was a robbery? Even the hilarious babbling of Sims 1 townies on the telephone. Animations were more fun and exaggerated. I have my own life. You all do, too. I don't need to re-enact it 100 percent realistically. Don't you play a game to get away from life? This game needs less seriousness. Right now our Sims seem more like emotionless robots. The Sims 3 doesn't have any humor right now, and no, this isn't about nostalgia at all.

This isn't as important as gameplay itself, but The Sims 1 and 2 had such great details in the little things as well. The startup video was fun and humorous. The loading screens were interactive and scrolling, and there was a new song composed for each new loading screen for expansions. The attention taken to minute details, easter eggs, animations and graphics were what made The Sims, The Sims. Do you really think they care for The Sims 3? From what I can see, the developers probably scrapped together designs and only cared about doing as little as possible. The music composed for The Sims 1 and 2 were amazing. Jerry Brown, Marc Russo and Mark Mothersbaugh composed amazing works of art, just for the build and buy modes! Right now, we have generic (almost dark and eerie, frankly) music fit for a soap opera. This may be just my taste, but to this day, I find myself humming to music from The Sims 1 and 2 while I keep trying to get music from The Sims 3 out of my head. Who didn't love the music from the last two games? They were classics.

Most importantly, they seem to be trying to change the whole idea of The Sims franchise itself with RPG and non-customizable elements. World Adventures requires goals and objectives to get to tombs and treasures. Ambitions requires tasks to get promoted which is fun, but once you are done, you can't do much else with the task. The Sims is meant for unlimited things to do, not "quests". I want to be able to make up stories the way I want to through tons of interactions and options. Even more, with rabbitholes and shells, the game feels even more enclosed than The Sims 2, even with the open neighborhood. I couldn't care less about the school and career lots being rabbitholes. What I do care about is that they are ugly props we have to place. Why can't we make our own versions of work lots then turn them into "rabbitholes"? Better yet, send Sims off the map again. Restaurants and recreation lot rabbithole are completely unacceptable. What fun is it to wait outside of a bistro or store? And It looks terrible when part of the skyscrapers are blacked out shells. I want to make my own shops, malls and restaurants so I can customize my world the way I want. I don't want to place a generic prop. I want to be able to go inside and see things happen. EA has killed half of what I did in The Sims 2, which was make custom community lots, downtown shops, and restaurants. It's a total step down. This is explained by CK213 on page 2 a bit more, but basically, the game is also too easy even without cheats. The Sims don't actually need us anymore, and the gameplay is very dumbed down. Despite the teen rating, you can clearly tell that EA had a much younger age group in mind when making this game. I consider The Sims 3 to be a "Sims Jr." right now.

The rabbitholes, dumbed down gameplay and quests are the majority of the reasons that The Sims 3 just doesn't feel like The Sims anymore. The whole point of The Sims is using your imagination, not having it done for you. EA has forgotten this.

On a side note, if you've looked at the Technical discussions, it's just unacceptable. They seem to do more promoting of the game with silly little Facebook events than actually working on it. Do you know of a website that goes down every hour? This is a multi-million dollar corporation yet they can't maintain a lousy forum. And don't even get me started on customer support. I have a glitch where I am not able to take screenshots in my game, and instead of acknowledging the problem with a "Thanks for reporting this glitch for us, we'll have it forwarded to our team to look at!", instead I got "Why don't you just use the Print Screen function on your computer instead?" Really? And I know that isn't the worst.

In short, I like The Sims 3. I think it has amazing new features and customization, and the open neighborhood would be great if we could actually make our own community lots, because now it is useless. I don't want to go back to The Sims 2. I just want The Sims 3 to add back the things that make The Sims, The Sims. The elements I explained above were what did it. It seems like every expansion EA is putting out is half-hearted with some feature missing or rabbithole we can't go inside of. In the ten year history of the franchise, I've never been disappointed in a Sims product until The Sims 3 and its expansions came along. This game just doesn't feel like something from The Sims franchise anymore. It seems like more of a cheaply made knockoff "Sims Jr." than the real thing. If you go back and play The Sims 1 or The Sims 2, you'll see what I mean. They did things right 10 years before, so they can obviously do it again. They're trying to turn The Sims into something totally dumbed down and childish. In terms of gameplay it needs to grow up, and in terms of quirkiness it needs to loosen up.

What do you think?

Oh, It is one of you sims 2 lovers again, trying to get people on your side. The sims 3 is diffrent to the sims 2 in diffrent ways. The base game of the sims 3 is way better than the one in the sims 2/1, the sims 3 base game has cars, bickes, fishing and gardening, these things only came to the sims 2 in EP's. Why don't you take away all the EP and SP and play the base game instead, tell me how fun that is. Also the sims 3 base game is always being updated with patches/updates which bring more gameplay e.g. Memories and Dates.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2011
    @mattgstl: Posting on the 38th page of this thread, you're a bit behind the times. This is one of those threads you were writing about where everyone is Stuck on Negative.

The truth is while EA is trying to please its fanbase, these loyal Sims 2 players will never be happy because the game doesn't feel the same as The Sims 2; instead of moving forward and accepting the fact that TS3 is different, and suggesting ways to make it better in a *positive* way, the best that they can offer is "return the TS2 interactions to the game".

EA is bringing back some interactions, but some people will never be satisfied; it will never be enough. That's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. The fans who were fortunate enough to attend the early Sims 3 fan events were quick to talk about the rabbit holes, story progression, larva babies, teleporting to cars, etc. etc. And most people *knew* this already, but went ahead and got TS3 anyway. And what happened after the game came out? A lot of former TS2 players started whining and complaining because the Sims 3 didn't have *everything* that was in The Sims 2 and "this should have been included in the base game" and "that should have been included in the base game." and so forth and so on.

The truth is that if a person is unhappy with The Sims 3, no amount of EA's dev team bending over backwards to make the gameplay more Sims-2 like is going to please them, no matter what....because, like I said...these players are Stuck On Negative (Feedback), and that guarantees that they will always find flaws in the gameplay.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Loading screens never bothered me all of that much. I guess, I don't really even know why.

Well I'm still playing Sims 2, or should I say I went back to it. The loading screens aren't an issue for me either. I have loads of cc in the game so the initial start up can be lengthy, that's fine by me, I start it up then go make some coffee, by the time I'm back it's ready for me.

The open neighbourhood was a brilliant idea but the implementation has not been a good tradeoff. Sims 3 actually still has loading screens when you go from your home world to a WA world, the difference being that in Sims 3, sometimes your Sim doesn't even arrive, I've never had that happen in Sims 2.

I don't think we are just diehard Sims 2 fans. We do all want to progress on and get a better experience from Sims 3, if we didn't, we wouldn't have spent all the money buying it. I've had so much hope that Sims 3 would do it for me that I've bought every EP and SP, as well as most of the store stuff. I'd say I have given this a fair shot. I've also pre-ordered the LE of Pets, for which I had to jump through hoops, and the reason for that was that I hoped it would make Sims 3 playable for me.

I'm back in Sims 2 for just a couple of weeks and already I love my Sims and feel attached to them. I just don't have that with Sims 3, they are too stupid for me.

It's a normal thing when a new product is alleged to be better than the one before for people to compare them. That's all that's happening here, comparisons between the two, heck we even do that with new soap powder from a shop, or in a restaurant that is under new management, it's just how people are.

I'd be happy to give up that open neighbourhood in a flash if I could get more play out of the game. I think many people misunderstood what an open neighbourhood would be. I had the impression that my Sims would be able to chat with their neighbours when out in the garden, etc. Kids even inviting each other to play from across the fence. It's not, it's still all closed to individual lots just like Sims 2, the only difference is that you can see your Sim driving somewhere after they pull their car out of their pocket. Watching them at work, or even going to work with them, that could have been achieved without an open neighbourhood, so means nothing.

• Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited August 2011
    mattgstl wrote:
    I grew up with The Sims 1 and 2, and I was thrilled to buy a new expansion pack every few months. I remember rushing out to the store the day it was released, just because it was a "Sims" game. Now I just don't seem to have that level of excitement with The Sims 3. I don't even know when the games come out until I see them on the store shelves. I just feel that EA didn't put as much effort into The Sims 3 as they did for The Sims 1 and 2. It lacks quality, and I will go as far as to say that the game is too dumbed down, oversimplified and boring.

There are a lot of things that The Sims 1 and 2 so great. These things seem to be missing from The Sims 3 and has made it a lot less interesting. Do you remember the cake dancer, social bunny, obsessed fan or sad clown? Or being abducted by aliens? What about the scary music that played when there was a robbery? Even the hilarious babbling of Sims 1 townies on the telephone. Animations were more fun and exaggerated. I have my own life. You all do, too. I don't need to re-enact it 100 percent realistically. Don't you play a game to get away from life? This game needs less seriousness. Right now our Sims seem more like emotionless robots. The Sims 3 doesn't have any humor right now, and no, this isn't about nostalgia at all.

This isn't as important as gameplay itself, but The Sims 1 and 2 had such great details in the little things as well. The startup video was fun and humorous. The loading screens were interactive and scrolling, and there was a new song composed for each new loading screen for expansions. The attention taken to minute details, easter eggs, animations and graphics were what made The Sims, The Sims. Do you really think they care for The Sims 3? From what I can see, the developers probably scrapped together designs and only cared about doing as little as possible. The music composed for The Sims 1 and 2 were amazing. Jerry Brown, Marc Russo and Mark Mothersbaugh composed amazing works of art, just for the build and buy modes! Right now, we have generic (almost dark and eerie, frankly) music fit for a soap opera. This may be just my taste, but to this day, I find myself humming to music from The Sims 1 and 2 while I keep trying to get music from The Sims 3 out of my head. Who didn't love the music from the last two games? They were classics.

Most importantly, they seem to be trying to change the whole idea of The Sims franchise itself with RPG and non-customizable elements. World Adventures requires goals and objectives to get to tombs and treasures. Ambitions requires tasks to get promoted which is fun, but once you are done, you can't do much else with the task. The Sims is meant for unlimited things to do, not "quests". I want to be able to make up stories the way I want to through tons of interactions and options. Even more, with rabbitholes and shells, the game feels even more enclosed than The Sims 2, even with the open neighborhood. I couldn't care less about the school and career lots being rabbitholes. What I do care about is that they are ugly props we have to place. Why can't we make our own versions of work lots then turn them into "rabbitholes"? Better yet, send Sims off the map again. Restaurants and recreation lot rabbithole are completely unacceptable. What fun is it to wait outside of a bistro or store? And It looks terrible when part of the skyscrapers are blacked out shells. I want to make my own shops, malls and restaurants so I can customize my world the way I want. I don't want to place a generic prop. I want to be able to go inside and see things happen. EA has killed half of what I did in The Sims 2, which was make custom community lots, downtown shops, and restaurants. It's a total step down. This is explained by CK213 on page 2 a bit more, but basically, the game is also too easy even without cheats. The Sims don't actually need us anymore, and the gameplay is very dumbed down. Despite the teen rating, you can clearly tell that EA had a much younger age group in mind when making this game. I consider The Sims 3 to be a "Sims Jr." right now.

The rabbitholes, dumbed down gameplay and quests are the majority of the reasons that The Sims 3 just doesn't feel like The Sims anymore. The whole point of The Sims is using your imagination, not having it done for you. EA has forgotten this.

On a side note, if you've looked at the Technical discussions, it's just unacceptable. They seem to do more promoting of the game with silly little Facebook events than actually working on it. Do you know of a website that goes down every hour? This is a multi-million dollar corporation yet they can't maintain a lousy forum. And don't even get me started on customer support. I have a glitch where I am not able to take screenshots in my game, and instead of acknowledging the problem with a "Thanks for reporting this glitch for us, we'll have it forwarded to our team to look at!", instead I got "Why don't you just use the Print Screen function on your computer instead?" Really? And I know that isn't the worst.

In short, I like The Sims 3. I think it has amazing new features and customization, and the open neighborhood would be great if we could actually make our own community lots, because now it is useless. I don't want to go back to The Sims 2. I just want The Sims 3 to add back the things that make The Sims, The Sims. The elements I explained above were what did it. It seems like every expansion EA is putting out is half-hearted with some feature missing or rabbithole we can't go inside of. In the ten year history of the franchise, I've never been disappointed in a Sims product until The Sims 3 and its expansions came along. This game just doesn't feel like something from The Sims franchise anymore. It seems like more of a cheaply made knockoff "Sims Jr." than the real thing. If you go back and play The Sims 1 or The Sims 2, you'll see what I mean. They did things right 10 years before, so they can obviously do it again. They're trying to turn The Sims into something totally dumbed down and childish. In terms of gameplay it needs to grow up, and in terms of quirkiness it needs to loosen up.

What do you think?

Oh, It is one of you sims 2 lovers again, trying to get people on your side. The sims 3 is diffrent to the sims 2 in diffrent ways. The base game of the sims 3 is way better than the one in the sims 2/1, the sims 3 base game has cars, bickes, fishing and gardening, these things only came to the sims 2 in EP's. Why don't you take away all the EP and SP and play the base game instead, tell me how fun that is. Also the sims 3 base game is always being updated with patches/updates which bring more gameplay e.g. Memories and Dates.

So, your commenting on comparing the base games without content added by EPs then saying how great the TS3 base game is with content added with patches?

TS2 basegame (WITHOUT PATCHES) still has more intelligent sims, a fully functional memory system, hot tubs, a pool diving board, more depth to each sims personality, better babies (not larval ones), more interactions for each lifestage, no broken (and still broken) story progression, and generally more stable and smooth gameplay.
    raw
  • Options
    Elf09pbElf09pb Posts: 41 New Member
    edited August 2011

I think many people misunderstood what an open neighbourhood would be. I had the impression that my Sims would be able to chat with their neighbours when out in the garden, etc. Kids even inviting each other to play from across the fence. It's not, it's still all closed to individual lots just like Sims 2, the only difference is that you can see your Sim driving somewhere after they pull their car out of their pocket. Watching them at work, or even going to work with them, that could have been achieved without an open neighbourhood, so means nothing.

This !! If it was possible it would be fantastic !!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    So, your commenting on comparing the base games without content added by EPs then saying how great the TS3 base game is with content added with patches?

TS2 basegame (WITHOUT PATCHES) still has more intelligent sims, a fully functional memory system, hot tubs, a pool diving board, more depth to each sims personality, better babies (not larval ones), more interactions for each lifestage, no broken (and still broken) story progression, and generally more stable and smooth gameplay.

The above is fact. I agree with all of that.
    This !! If it was possible it would be fantastic !!

Well I think that was the misconception a lot of people had about what an open neighbourhood would be. How is the neighbourhood open? Just because we can see the Sims go from point A to point B? Now the developers are finding it hard to implement weather in this game and we may never get it, all because we can see a Sims go from A to B.

It was an excellent idea, it's just a pity they didn't develop some of their concepts earlier before using us a test subjects for the idea. They announced Pets, yet they are still working on it now? I would have thought that if they had planned ahead, they could be an EP ahead. As this EP will likely not be finished too far ahead of the release date, we can be sure that any testing done won't be adequate to find bugs, so it will be glitchy.

I remember Sims 3 was talked about for about a year or more before they made it, so didn't they test all the theories of an open neighbourhood in that year, to see if seasons could be made, etc. Don't they play this game? They knew they were doing it for a year yet they are rushing to finish an EP just weeks before release date? I was shocked at that, I thought that it would be finished already for sure.

I'd give up the open neighbourhood right now if we could get back to what made the Sims the best loved and most sold game of all time.

All they would have to add really is a real story progression to Sims 2 and that would have been that.

I love the better graphics, I love the fact that they all still age when you don't play them, but apart from the fancy CAS, etc, that's all that makes Sims 3 better. The gameplay just is not the same

• Options
    edited August 2011
    mattgstl wrote:

How is it a bad thing to tell people the ways that The Sims 3 can improve? You can't handle someone else's opinion? And with 38 pages, I'm clearly not alone.

And yes, I have played TS2 on base. I enjoyed it. It had way more objects and features from the release without waiting for EA to add them in as afterthoughts. But I digress, because you obviously didn't read the part about how I don't want to go back to The Sims 2 again. As with a lot of people who whine about this thread.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @mattgstl: Posting on the 38th page of this thread, you're a bit behind the times. This is one of those threads you were writing about where everyone is Stuck on Negative.

The truth is while EA is trying to please its fanbase, these loyal Sims 2 players will never be happy because the game doesn't feel the same as The Sims 2; instead of moving forward and accepting the fact that TS3 is different, and suggesting ways to make it better in a *positive* way, the best that they can offer is "return the TS2 interactions to the game".

EA is bringing back some interactions, but some people will never be satisfied; it will never be enough. That's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. The fans who were fortunate enough to attend the early Sims 3 fan events were quick to talk about the rabbit holes, story progression, larva babies, teleporting to cars, etc. etc. And most people *knew* this already, but went ahead and got TS3 anyway. And what happened after the game came out? A lot of former TS2 players started whining and complaining because the Sims 3 didn't have *everything* that was in The Sims 2 and "this should have been included in the base game" and "that should have been included in the base game." and so forth and so on.

The truth is that if a person is unhappy with The Sims 3, no amount of EA's dev team bending over backwards to make the gameplay more Sims-2 like is going to please them, no matter what....because, like I said...these players are Stuck On Negative (Feedback), and that guarantees that they will always find flaws in the gameplay.

How are people stuck on negative? I'd like to know. With a lot of posts you have in this section of the forum, It seems that any feedback that you don't agree with you dismiss as people whining about the game and being too negative. Frankly, it's getting old and predictable.
  • Options
    edited August 2011

How are people stuck on negative? I'd like to know. With a lot of posts you have in this section of the forum, It seems that any feedback that you don't agree with you dismiss as people whining about the game and being too negative. Frankly, it's getting old and predictable.

Practically every poster who agrees with you on this thread is unhappy because the Sims 3 is nothing like the Sims 2, and their idea of "improving the game" is something like: eliminate the rabbit holes; give us back all the stuff we had in The Sims 2, including the way cars used to act, bring back the infants and toddlers from the Sims 2, and give the Sims the same personalities that they had in The Sims 2...in other words, while it's true, you don't want to go back to The Sims 2, you wouldn't mind *at all* if EA changed the game entirely so that it *is* more like the Sims 2.

Yet, when EA *does* try to do that, such as bringing back vampires and memories, people *still* complain that it's not good enough, because the vampires and memories were not done *just like they were in The Sims 2.* In fact, every expansion pack that EA has made has had Sims 2 fans whining that EA messed up because the expansion pack is not *just like the expansion packs in the Sims 2*.

That's what I mean by Stuck On Negative. As long as people keep on comparing TS2 to TS3, and finding the Sims 3 lacking *because EA's dev team didn't make the expansion pack *just like the expansion pack that they had in The Sims 2 (and this includes Pets), you will always remain stuck on negative, and will never be able to see anything positive about The Sims 3. So, all of these threads that complain that "This isn't the Sims" anymore, or "What I miss from The Sims 2", or whatever the complaint of the week is, are getting old and predictable as well.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited August 2011
    I can say that i never expected or wanted sims 3 to be just like sims 2. i expected and wanted it to be better and in my own opinion its not even close. For me it was a huge dissapointment from the start. The open neighborhood meant nothing to me since theres not many places to go. Rabbit holes to me are a bore cause i want to see and control my sim in resteraunts, and community lots. i would rather have a loading screen with alot of places to go, then an open neighborhood with very few places to go. Also, the look of the sims are awful. to me they are so unattractive and i will compare them to sims 2 sims cause sims 2 sims are very attractive. The feel of sims 3 sims isnt too good either. to me they seem to robotic and unfeeling. again this is all my own personal opinion. I think this game couldve been great but its done very poorly. so i stopped complaining and sold it and went back to sims 2. so my opionion really is, its not going to improve at this point and if someone isnt happy with it, then stop playing it and go back to sims 2 till sims 4 comes out. then i may buy it, if it is really a step ahead and a good game but for now i am loving sims 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    I can say that i never expected or wanted sims 3 to be just like sims 2. i expected and wanted it to be better and in my own opinion its not even close. For me it was a huge dissapointment from the start. The open neighborhood meant nothing to me since theres not many places to go. Rabbit holes to me are a bore cause i want to see and control my sim in resteraunts, and community lots. i would rather have a loading screen with alot of places to go, then an open neighborhood with very few places to go. Also, the look of the sims are awful. to me they are so unattractive and i will compare them to sims 2 sims cause sims 2 sims are very attractive. The feel of sims 3 sims isnt too good either. to me they seem to robotic and unfeeling. again this is all my own personal opinion. I think this game couldve been great but its done very poorly. so i stopped complaining and sold it and went back to sims 2. so my opionion really is, its not going to improve at this point and if someone isnt happy with it, then stop playing it and go back to sims 2 till sims 4 comes out. then i may buy it, if it is really a step ahead and a good game but for now i am loving sims 2.

I like your reply. It is honest.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited August 2011
    im not sure if i have commented before cause theres tons of pages but i agree i miss the sims humor of making me laugh even though i'd see the same cute animations everytime. i miss the humor of the sims and i miss maxis products they were the best!! i think the sims 2 beats the sims 3 big time i still play ts2 from time to to time and love it !!! i wish the dj's and smustle would come back to EA. and no changing tables or being able to bathe your toddler 🐸🐸🐸🐸!!. ea has gone downhill since maxis left. i hope that pets and the other futrue eps/sps can finally meet our expectations and hopes of the game !!!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Practically every poster who agrees with you on this thread is unhappy because the Sims 3 is nothing like the Sims 2, and their idea of "improving the game" is something like: eliminate the rabbit holes; give us back all the stuff we had in The Sims 2, including the way cars used to act, bring back the infants and toddlers from the Sims 2, and give the Sims the same personalities that they had in The Sims 2...in other words, while it's true, you don't want to go back to The Sims 2, you wouldn't mind *at all* if EA changed the game entirely so that it *is* more like the Sims 2.

Yet, when EA *does* try to do that, such as bringing back vampires and memories, people *still* complain that it's not good enough, because the vampires and memories were not done *just like they were in The Sims 2.* In fact, every expansion pack that EA has made has had Sims 2 fans whining that EA messed up because the expansion pack is not *just like the expansion packs in the Sims 2*.

That's what I mean by Stuck On Negative. As long as people keep on comparing TS2 to TS3, and finding the Sims 3 lacking *because EA's dev team didn't make the expansion pack *just like the expansion pack that they had in The Sims 2 (and this includes Pets), you will always remain stuck on negative, and will never be able to see anything positive about The Sims 3. So, all of these threads that complain that "This isn't the Sims" anymore, or "What I miss from The Sims 2", or whatever the complaint of the week is, are getting old and predictable as well.

I've never seen someone so completely miss the point of this thread, people aren't complaining because TS3 isn't like TS2 (well some might be, but certainly not everyone); People are complaining because EA does everything TS3 related in a half-assed fashion, IE a memory system that records absolutely every single thing your sims does (which bloats the savegames), vampires which spread all over town (I can understand them allowing vampires to spread after-all they do have a limited lifespan, but surely they could've bothered to put limitations into it), celebrity that offers virtually nothing but again spreads like a virus(and is WAY too easy to get).

This is why people compare TS3 to TS2 in an unfavourable way, because in TS2 things were controlled, in TS3 it seems like EA is barely making any effort to properly implement anything nor to consider its impact on the neighbourhood.

If you consistently do things worse in the successor of a game, it's surely no suprise that it'll get unfavourably compared to its predecessor.
    Sandy0038 wrote:

I agree with all of the above, apart from the selling part (I'm a collector and never sell my games)and the not complaining part... If we don't complain about TS3 it'll never get better because EA'll think they're doing everything right.
    raw
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    @Evil_One:

Bull. People have been complaining and comparing TS3 to TS2 since the game first came out. The whining started immediately when people realized that TS3 didn't come with all the things they were used to in TS2. In the 2 years since this game came out, people have constantly complained and what has been the result?

I haven't missed the point of this thread. I know good and well that the rationale here is that if you don't complain, nothing will change. Well, you *have* complained, EA has *tried* to comply in some ways, and yet it's *still* not good enough. In your eyes, the game still hasn't improved, *even though EA has brought back many of the things you asked for*.

So, tell me, how many more expansion packs will *you* be spending your money on before you realize that EA is never going to do it your way? Or better yet, how much longer will it take for you folks to admit that The Sims 3 is never going to be just the way you want it to be, and decide to move on to something else?

This excuse that "all we're trying to do is to get EA to improve the game" is wearing mighty thin....because so far as *I* can tell....it hasn't worked one bit to improve the game...at least as far as *you* and all the others on this thread are concerned.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    @Evil_One:

Bull. People have been complaining and comparing TS3 to TS2 since the game first came out. The whining started immediately when people realized that TS3 didn't come with all the things they were used to in TS2. In the 2 years since this game came out, people have constantly complained and what has been the result?

I haven't missed the point of this thread. I know good and well that the rationale here is that if you don't complain, nothing will change. Well, you *have* complained, EA has *tried* to comply in some ways, and yet it's *still* not good enough. In your eyes, the game still hasn't improved, *even though EA has brought back many of the things you asked for*.

So, tell me, how many more expansion packs will *you* be spending your money on before you realize that EA is never going to do it your way? Or better yet, how much longer will it take for you folks to admit that The Sims 3 is never going to be just the way you want it to be, and decide to move on to something else?

This excuse that "all we're trying to do is to get EA to improve the game" is wearing mighty thin....because so far as *I* can tell....it hasn't worked one bit to improve the game...at least as far as *you* and all the others on this thread are concerned.

EA hasn't tried at all, they've just put in a shallow equivalent of much loved TS2 features. Is it really any wonder TS3 gets compared so unfavourably when every feature that's added (even the new ones) is added in such a lazy fashion... For example World Adventures not having a tomb reset, Ambitions (sims with professions not being able to do them without supervision) and this is just two examples, let's not forget the perpetually unfixed, glaringly obvious bugs. Generations is the only attempt by EA to actually restore some TS2 stuff to TS3 and it worked, in part, but EAs advertising of adding new life to each lifestage fell kind of short for toddlers, babies and elders.

If EA insist on not making the effort to make the game properly, what is to be expected other than unfavourable comparisons and complaints.

At the very least they should fix the bugs, but they don't even do that. However the complaints are slowly having an effect (generations showed that), so EA do at least listen... Somewhat, and until TS3 is fixed or TS4 gives us what we should've had from TS3 we'll keep complaining as opposed to rolling over and just accepting whatever lame, shallow stuff EA casually throws in our general direction.
    raw
  • Options
    Nina333Nina333 Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2011
    Even if you take Sims 2 out of the equation, Sims 3's quality is unacceptable for me. When I pay money, I expect a service or product worthy of my hard earned cash. The argument that people just moan for the sake of moaning is starting to get on my nerves. The potential for Sims 3 was incredible. Unfortunately for me EA failed to deliver.