Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs... FOR FREE?! Facebook demands it!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Today, EA promoted the Countdown event page again, and I'm seeing some interesting reactions now.

They caught the attention of the OMG fanatics that didn't know about this event until now (which is odd), and most of them are asking if it is going to be free or if it will be costing money to buy. Not demanding if it is free, but asking if it is going to be free. Big difference.

The response to these questions are from trolls, which seem to be coming out from under their bridges. They keep saying that EA is a business and has every right to charge us for their products. It's our fault for buying them, so why demand/ask/want/hope/wish/whine/cry that we want the world for free.

AND THE MOST INTERESTING REACTION?

People are thinking this is an expansion DLC pack. :roll: The rumor of Plant Sims coming back thanks to that text about the "Green Sims;" the hope for magic abilities with the Museum of the Supernatural and the Fountain of Youth; the wishful thinking that weather may be added because of the mentioning of the ski resort. These people are going to be as disappointed as the ones that thought Barnacle Bay was a new vacation world.

We are at the two week mark before the release, so I'll be keeping an eye on the event page as best I can and report what I see. Until then, discuss your thoughts on the recent reactions.

There should be a trailer coming soon.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    I won't be able to attend the live chat tomorrow.

I hope someone will post either on the facebook page or here if they ask if this world will be free based on the facebook reaction.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I won't be able to attend the live chat tomorrow.

I hope someone will post either on the facebook page or here if they ask if this world will be free based on the facebook reaction.

how do you attend the live chat?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have no idea how to get into the chat but let me help, lets skip to the chase about what will be learned during this chat tom'w.

There's a new WORLD available.
    It will be called Hidden Springs.

There will be roads, there will be trees, there will be ..wait for it...SIMS!!! Some will even be "CELEBRITIES!" PREMADE ONES! And HOUSES! SOME will even live IN THE WOODS! And have a green TINGE!

And there will be a new MODERN SPA (you know, the one they left out of Town Life).

It will be available on August 25 via.....(whatever the facts are)

There will be a fountain of youth, but the details of that are a big surprise! We have to FIND IT!

There you go, and that summarizes what will be learned in EA's live chat.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

edited August 2011
    Uhm, I was more curious if they will actually answer the question of the price. :oops: I know that will be asked multiple times on whatever chat service they will use to take questions.
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    Just wondering how many benefits and cons you can get from the fountain of youth, and if that is the only thing with new gameplay for the live chat.
    edited August 2011
    clubers wrote:
    Just wondering how many benefits and cons you can get from the fountain of youth, and if that is the only thing with new gameplay for the live chat.
    The Pros are instant Young Again and Age Freeze reward, as well as replacing Life Fruits.

The cons? Failed Wishes cause one of your Sims' personality traits to be replaced with the Childish Trait. Not sure what will happen if your Sim is already Childish to begin with...
    edited August 2011
    What kind of wishes thou?
    edited August 2011
    What kind of wishes thou?
    The only one reported so far is the "Wish for eternal youth." Don't know if there are any others, though I have to admit, the well does have a funny way of translating the idea of Eternal Youth given the rewards. :P
  • klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have no idea how to get into the chat but let me help, lets skip to the chase about what will be learned during this chat tom'w.

There's a new WORLD available.
    It will be called Hidden Springs.

There will be roads, there will be trees, there will be ..wait for it...SIMS!!! Some will even be "CELEBRITIES!" PREMADE ONES! And HOUSES! SOME will even live IN THE WOODS! And have a green TINGE!

And there will be a new MODERN SPA (you know, the one they left out of Town Life).

It will be available on August 25 via.....(whatever the facts are)

There will be a fountain of youth, but the details of that are a big surprise! We have to FIND IT!

There you go, and that summarizes what will be learned in EA's live chat.

You're hysterical. I've watched one live chat and that's exactly how it went. It was the same information that they've already shown us but to top it off, the people who were playing the game while we watched couldn't even navigate their town or perform simple actions like zooming in and out correctly. It was terribad.
  • Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited August 2011
    On the live chat they explained that there are 15 new items, There are 6 new outfits, and that the world will require a payment. So, we will have to pay sadly for this world. :cry:
  • Bionickai001Bionickai001 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2011
    We still don't know how much it costs, though. I wonder why they are keeping that so tight lipped?
  • SprynkleSSprynkleS Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2011
    guess this is something else I'm not going to buy. Sure I appreciate what everyone is saying about EA being a business but aren't businesses supposed to try to improve on their product? I haven't seen any real effort here and the trouble I go through just to buy the expansion packs not to mention the terror I feel when installing hoping that something doesn't go wrong is just not worth it. I really thought when the sims 3 first came out that they'd try to include most of the elements of sims 2(with all expansions etc) and just make the game even more awesome but alas no they barely did and so I've had this long frustrating wait for the game to become as satisfying again. It's a GAME! I'm not supposed to go through all this stress for A GAME! EA is just plain greedy.
    p.s. have I mentioned I live in the Caribbean?(multiply US prices by 2.71 + profit and that's what I pay for my games) hence it's hella expensive already. no thank you EA.
    edited August 2011
    Liam is one of the residents living there.
    edited August 2011
    Are his traits "Computer Wiz, Bookworm, Unlucky, Unflirty, Shy?" If so, I'll go ahead and delete my version from my game.
    edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Are his traits "Computer Wiz, Bookworm, Unlucky, Unflirty, Shy?" If so, I'll go ahead and delete my version from my game.

Yes this is the original Liam but she didn't mention his traits.
  • lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited August 2011
    I would pay $5.00 for HS, but not more.
    Currently buying from the store if it is on sale only.
    Money is tight, US is in a depression recession.
    EA should realize that if they charge less, more folk would buy and profits will be higher than high prices with few people buying making profits lower.
    Basic economics and accounting.
    Does EA even have accountants?
    Would love to see their actual real account proft and loss books for just sims products.
    Ok yes am just too logical about things.
    Was disappointed to see the spa is rabbit hole.
    They could make it just like the gym.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
    edited August 2011
    leniece wrote:
    ......EA should realize that if they charge less, more folk would buy and profits will be higher than high prices with few people buying making profits lower.
    Basic economics and accounting.
    Does EA even have accountants?
    Would love to see their actual real account proft and loss books for just sims products.
    Ok yes am just too logical about things.

No it is EA that is Illogical.... what you just said I been saying for ages, and getting the respond that they need to make money (oh :roll: :shock: :roll: ) even got reported for saying it is basic logic...

and yes I would like to see their account proft.... or just give them a basic math leason.

edit: just got a thought - Sims is never logical in their behavier..... what if EA is run by sims?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited August 2011
    I guess the Live Chat tour has cleared up the whole "is it free?" thing on Facebook. There hasn't been a whole lot of activity since the live chat, possibly because people are commenting wherever they see the video. I only saw about four new posts on the facebook event page, so...
  • LysandersgrrlLysandersgrrl Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2011
    Was anyone else really bored when watching the live chat? I couldn't really concentrate. Plus she kept saying how she REALLY liked this or that. She seemed to like everything, even the grumpy old sim in the woods.

To me this looks like a let down. Green sims, ski lodge...without snow, lame outfits, etc etc. The only thing for it is the Fountain of Youth...and even that is lame.
    edited August 2011
    Well, this is interesting. Someone on facebook posted that the Fountain of Youth can only be used once a Sim day. I don't remember them saying that in the video tour.

BTW, facebook reactions to the town are now starting to go down hill. What little new activity is there suggests that people aren't impressed by the offerings anymore. While they aren't demanding that it be free, they are saying that they aren't willing to pay more than $10 for it.
  • StaceyKukkStaceyKukk Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Is anyone as turned off from Hidden Springs as I am after the live chat? She spent about five minutes talking about a new window! The only real item of interest is the fountain of youth. The "green tinted" people? Their skin was colored that way in create-a-sim; something you can easily do in your game right now. Azure seemed to fumble through the clothing thinking there was more than one new shirt for male sims. After a few minutes clicking on the same shirt, she moved on. What the heck is going on EA? We aren't stupid here. Sure, the spa is really interesting, as is the fountain, but why not introduce a whole new aspect of game play and package it? It's a spa town. Make it so our sims can canoe or sail on the water. What about creating a way for them to inner tube in the river, or even swim in it like in the Sims 2? This is simply a ploy to entice us into buying yet another $20 package of pixels.
    edited August 2011
    StaceyKukk wrote:
    What the heck is going on EA? We aren't stupid here. Sure, the spa is really interesting, as is the fountain, but why not introduce a whole new aspect of game play and package it? It's a spa town. Make it so our sims can canoe or sail on the water. What about creating a way for them to inner tube in the river, or even swim in it like in the Sims 2? This is simply a ploy to entice us into buying yet another $20 package of pixels.
    Yeah, and add in Wind Surfing and Yoga from the Wii version of the game as well. I mean, Swimming is connected to the Athletic Trait, why not surfing and Yoga? Maybe if you have WA installed as well, Yoga helps with your Martial Arts Skill, kind of like how Martial Arts helps with your Athletic skill.

The Green Sims thing caused everyone to hope that this was the return of Plant Sims, despite people like me even pointing out that the highest likelihood is that they are just green-skin Sims.

It's bad enough that we clearly won't be getting a Magic EP now. What would they add? They are using Hidden Springs to place all their Fairy Tale Sims in it. The only thing left to add to a Magic EP is Witches and Wizard, which I bet we'll just get as a Halloween fashion set. If we are lucky, maybe they'll bundle it with another Premium Item like the Witches' Cauldron.
    edited August 2011
    I didn't even watch the chat to the end.... she didn't represent the world very well.

the window was nice... but.... the fountain naa... so for me the nice parts adup to be some building items and a spa. (maybe clothes, sims and lots)

But the sims and lots can be on the exchange (well the basic of them)

so fare I can't see my self buying it at all.... well maybe for $1-5
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited August 2011
    I would like to see elf ears! I miss them so much from sims2! Hidden Springs would be great to came with them :D !