Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• hoodrellahoodrella Posts: 50 New Member
    edited August 2011
    So far my problem is my sim didn't miss the bus and all of a sudden she's in her after school program yet it's only 9:30? smh. I installed the updated patch still no improvement. Also I cannot delete an object it claims the sim is still using it when it's not...smh
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2011
    @HanyoKitsune96: Sounds like your town is corrupt. Look in to the links on corruption on the first page

@SamWH: Try to reset every sim in your town with reset *. If that doesn't help try the factory reset method on the first page. If you don't have the problem anymore and if it's only happening in that one save game you might have the cars piling in inventory problem.

@hoodrella: Does the text change ? Not sure I understand your problem.

To delete Objects in use: http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/faq-stuck-objects-objects-in-use.html
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited August 2011
    not really sure where to ask this, so i'm asking here.

i have the base game, WA, LN, Amb, and Gen, and i didn't load Generations until after this last patch came out. I crated a new game and started playing with those sims, and have been playing with 1 family for the last few weeks. anyway, i traveled to china and had no problems, so i decided to travel to France. while i was in France i saved the game and quit, now when i go back, 1 of my sims has a blank portrait in the panel and if i click it the game stops working.

is there anything i can do fix it, or is my best option just to delete the game file and start over?

also, i have no mods or cc in my game.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2011
    Check this thread on the issue: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/406488.page

You basically have to options: Start using mods or start a new town (you can transfer your sims there)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• SaviB520SaviB520 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I have been having problem after problem since installing Generations. I have had to delete my family's about 5 times now since installing Generations. Each time I start a new file it seems to be glitch free, but it seems like once I get to my second Generation my game starts glitching in all different ways. My family has gotten stuck in a camera mode and couldn't be fixed. I couldn't click on anything, I even quitting and reloading a few times and it wouldn't fix the problem so I had to delete that family. Then I got the "A serious Error has occurred" Twice now which the second time it happened i had backed up my file so I was able to save it. But Now recently I am having difference glitches. Everytime I travel on the game when I come back I can't sleep in beds. They can nap on the bed, but cannot sleep in it. I also had a pregnant sim and she nor her husband could sleep in bed, and the pregnant sim could not interact with anyone. I have also had the green face glitch. I had two sims living together I could play with one but my other sims face was green and I could click on her and she was stuck reading an invisible book! I have also had to delete families for the whole disappearing sims act. They just vanish and then return for a moment and then vanish again. I am frustrated that I can't even enjoy the game now. I haven't been able to actually play without glitching for a few weeks now.
  • Trouble1122Trouble1122 Posts: 3,517 Member
    edited August 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Check this thread on the issue: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/406488.page

You basically have to options: Start using mods or start a new town (you can transfer your sims there)

thank you for the link to the thread, i will go look at it. also thanks for answering my question!
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited August 2011
    - Rrrjtl1: Trying to change to the misc category locks up the game.
    --> Might be connected to patterns. Remove all your cc and try again.
    --> Possible solution by EIisabetta
    --> Possible CC Culprits: Rrrjtl1
    --> Reinstalling patterns might be needed.
    - SarahsALoser: Voices don't have different pitches anymore.
    I've had this problem as well. I have a way to get around it, if this is the glitch you're talking about.

[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/xbcoe8.png "width=500"[/img]

By clicking on the problem channel that is causing CASt not to load (so I would click on the green square), you'll be able to continue.

v78p6r.png

At this point, I would suggest adding the active pattern as a favorite, so you can access it easier.

Hope this helps!

BTW, I have a glitch I need to ask about later, but I need to get more info on it.
  • memstermemster Posts: 31
    edited August 2011
    I have a glitch were when i do day care all of the childrens parents disapear so the todlers are just floating in the air
  • IrishHunny13IrishHunny13 Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    I have 2 families I play in Bridgeport. I've tried both disabling and uninstalling the custom content and still have the same issue. Anywho, both families have pregnant women. When I go to the hospital to have the baby, I get the normal name and give traits to baby bit. When I get home with the baby, the screenshot of what should be the head of the baby is blank other than green. The baby in the arms is just some sort of awkward extension of flesh colored strangeness shooting up, sometimes over a story high. It is impossible to interact with the baby. I never had this issue before installing Generations and have installed the latest patches. HELP!!!
  • Athena23Athena23 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Ever since I installed Generations the game crashes, I get a black screen for 5 minutes then my laptop shuts down.

It happens at random, my sims can be doing any task or I can save the game but it still happends around the 5 minute mark of playing. I'll restart the sims game and it will crash again within a couple of minutes.

I am loving Generations (or I was), I'm desperate to play it but it's unplayable due to the crashing.

I have looked up every known reason for this to happen, everything is upto date on my laptop, OS and game. I don't know what else to do other than hope that a new patch will sort it, the last one didn't but so many people have the same problem EA have to fix it.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    Athena23 wrote:
    Ever since I installed Generations the game crashes, I get a black screen for 5 minutes then my laptop shuts down.

It happens at random, my sims can be doing any task or I can save the game but it still happends around the 5 minute mark of playing. I'll restart the sims game and it will crash again within a couple of minutes.

I am loving Generations (or I was), I'm desperate to play it but it's unplayable due to the crashing.

I have looked up every known reason for this to happen, everything is upto date on my laptop, OS and game. I don't know what else to do other than hope that a new patch will sort it, the last one didn't but so many people have the same problem EA have to fix it.
    First off, congratulations for being the firs post on Page 100.

Second, most crashes are hardware issues, not software issues. The reason I say this is because if the hardware is not able to run the software, the software won't work at all. If your game keeps crashing after 5 minutes at every game session AND your software is up to date, then the only logical thing after that is the hardware.

What are the specs of your computer? Don't bother printing out the dxdiag, because nobody here knows how to read it. Just give us the big three:

What is your CPU speed?
    How much RAM do you have?
    Do you have a dedicated Graphics Card (i.e. not the one that came with the motherboard)? If so, what kind is it and how big is it?
  • Athena23Athena23 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Thankyou for replying, I've never had any trouble with the sims before installing Generations, it has never crashed. I run other games on my laptop and they never crash.

CPU speed
    AM Turion(tm) x2 ultra dual-core mobile zm-84, 2300 mhz, 2 core, 2 logical processors.

RAM
    4.00GB

Dedicated Graphics Card
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series

I should mention that I do not have any mods and only CC from the store (about 10 items). When it first crashed and was unplayable I uninstalled everything and reinstalled all expansion except WA.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi

Some problems: since the latest Patch taking Pictures is sometimes possible. But St the Camera cant find any Object and the SIM freezes After taking the pic. So Why can i St make them and St Not? (sometimes when i take a pic of a chair at the Button of the screen it says "chair" in Green letters and St when i try to take a pic of the chair on the Button on the screen is nothing and SIM Freezes)

Next Problem is: my SIM cant Read Bet Time Storys to their Children anymore :( is it just me or has anybody the Same Problem?
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    Athena23 wrote:
    Thankyou for replying, I've never had any trouble with the sims before installing Generations, it has never crashed. I run other games on my laptop and they never crash.

CPU speed
    AM Turion(tm) x2 ultra dual-core mobile zm-84, 2300 mhz, 2 core, 2 logical processors.

RAM
    4.00GB

Dedicated Graphics Card
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series

I should mention that I do not have any mods and only CC from the store (about 10 items). When it first crashed and was unplayable I uninstalled everything and reinstalled all expansion except WA.
    Ah, so it's actually a corrupt software. Hence the "most" part in my original statement. You're hardware is fine, and is around where my hardware is right now. If you were able to play just fine and then kept crashing because of Generations, then it has something to do with the installation process of Generations. The best guess? The DVD has a corrupted setup software.

If you bought Generations recently, which I'm sure you did, just contact the retailer saying that you bought a corrupted copy of the game and would like to swap it out. if they don't let you swap it out for a new copy, contact EA's customer service, and you should be able to swap out the DVD for one that works.
  • pollympollym Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2011
    After playing generations for 2 weeks now, I finally get all these bugs!

1. When my teenage daughter couldn't find a date to the prom, her married sister that lived in another house asked her! Dumbly I said yes because I wanted to know what happened, and they somehow started a relationship! They didn't have any options to break up because they were sisters, so I had to find other sims to cheat on them both and they finally break them up! But every time the teens don't get a date, a close friend, in my case a older relative asks them!

2. Whenever my sims are on a group outing, and the others leave to do something else, it always makes it into a date even if they don't do anything romantic! Then if the sim has a relationship with someone else they think its cheating!

3. My sim in the daycare profession found out she was pregnant during the day while she was working and took off time, but the toddlers got stuck at their house.

4. I started a new household, saved and quit, but the next day when I opened it, I got a message saying "Some household objects cannot be loaded" I didn't see anything at first but then I noticed everything from Generations was gone!! My sims clothes were different! CAS didn't even have the stuff anymore! All the generations furniture was also gone! My sims in boarding school were back in the normal town school. And my sim in the daycare profession was now unemployed! The only thing that was still working were the after school activities like ballet! :x

5.Loading the game in the beginning, I noticed that the words that slide out underneath the loading bar weren't showing up either. But generations is still installed! :?

Should I just re install the game :?:
  • RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have reinstalled my game, their is no CC except some store content, no patterns, the game was working fine for a while, then new problems have started:

1/ more save errors have started again, this time its error code 12, this happened when I change my household to another household and click yes Save, it has also happened when I edit town and save.
    Has anyone else had this problem :?: :?: :?:

2/ When I hire a butler, the butler never turns up :?:

3/ when a sim hosts a party and invites a household, If I click on the pop- up to attend the party, the sims will not go to the party :?:

Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2011
    Error 12 can be a memory issue, I understand. This is a good page to go to for some basic help troubleshooting (it saved me from a reinstall not long ago, thanks again Crinrict!):

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

Yes, I had to reinstall my Store files and essential CC, but I didn't mind at all. That'll learn me to download from strange Eastern European sites.
  • swag6883swag6883 Posts: 377
    edited August 2011
    MISSING OPPORTUNITIES! All I seem to be getting prompts for are opportunities involving celebrity star points. Example: My current sim is a self employed gardener and hasn't been prompted with the opportunity that gives her the ability to plant cheese and eggs.
  • RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited August 2011
    ivinian wrote:
    Error 12 can be a memory issue, I understand. This is a good page to go to for some basic help troubleshooting (it saved me from a reinstall not long ago, thanks again Crinrict!):

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

Yes, I had to reinstall my Store files and essential CC, but I didn't mind at all. That'll learn me to download from strange Eastern European sites.

Thank you to you and Crinrict for the help and advice on save errors, I will say in this thread if I am still having problems
    Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • simnutty2simnutty2 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have just spent the entire week completely uninstalling TS3 by using uninstall programme, then system restore to a time before TS3 and finally making double sure nothing left behind using registry cleaner.

Then a new installation of TS3 (all EPs and all SPs, except Town Life) and finally reinstallation of susbstantially reduced CC (now down to about 13Gb). No mods except Nraas master controller and testingcheatsenabled. Plus checked the CC reinstalled using Delphy's custard tool and frequent checks inbetween reinstallation (using dashboard to clear caches between each batch).

You would think that the game should be largely bug-free (running latest patch) but I have spotted something before even playing properly for the first time...in Game Options menu the 'disable aging' option is greyed out so that I cannot even select it which means I can't alter the age sliders either!

Does anyone know how I can overcome this, please?

(virgin installation, i.e. no saved games etc. so it's unlikely to be caused by the problems mentioned on the 1st page...developers recommend setting children and teens to highest level in order to gain most benefit from Generations, how can I do that if the game won't let me alter aging? :(
  • onmyown1986onmyown1986 Posts: 149 Member
    edited August 2011
    I am having several issues with my game - I have all EPs to date, no SPs, my game is fully patched, I have no mods, some custom content clothing.

- Teen doing the creeping walk (the one they do when sneaking around when grounded) absolutely everywhere, the whole time. She is not grounded, but she is doing the walk.
    - Teen not going to her afterschool activities. As a child she went to Scouts and it was absolutely fine, and her sister goes to Scouts with no problem, but she won't go to the teen after school activities. I have signed her up etc - she just doesn't go.
    - Teen having the negative moodlet about an unfriendly vampire. She has it everywhere she goes, and nobody else has it. Nobody in the family is a vampire, but she still has it when at home etc.
    - This isn't really a problem now as I have played past it, but my adult sims had the option to go on a vacation and leave the teen and child home alone, which they did, and returned with all their wishes gone, and their opportunities all said 'Return home to complete this' and didn't change from that. In the end I cancelled all opportunities, as they weren't getting the rewards even if they had completed it, but it might be an issue for others.

Apologies if any of these have already been sorted - I did have a look and couldn't see solutions to any, but I didn't read through 100 pages! Would moving the family out of the house and back in help or is it a case of waiting for another patch?

Thanks
  • kairiwilson1kairiwilson1 Posts: 42 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Alright, I've read through the list on the first page, and if I missed my problem, then I apologize.

I have all EPs and everything's patched up to date and I only have two mods installed; No Intro and No Mosaic. As for CC, I mostly have Store Content.

Other than the "my teen never stops sneaking" problem (she's an elder now. Still sneaking everywhere) and the photography glitch (the one where my sims freezes when taking a picture), I noticed another rather annoying glitch yesterday.

Simply put, my sim travelled to France, except when France loaded up, my sim was not there and the whole town appeared to be empty. I tried quitting the game, but it wouldn't close. I later force closed the game with the Task Manager.

Luckily, when I rebooted the game, my sim was still fine. Sneaky Grandma was still sneaking around and my photography sim was still having technical difficulties, but other than that the game was running fine. As a test, I sent my sim to France again and was met up with the same results. I haven't tried any other world yet.

Any ideas?
  • pollympollym Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Alright, I've read through the list on the first page, and if I missed my problem, then I apologize.

I have all EPs and everything's patched up to date and I only have two mods installed; No Intro and No Mosaic. As for CC, I mostly have Store Content.

Other than the "my teen never stops sneaking" problem (she's an elder now. Still sneaking everywhere) and the photography glitch (the one where my sims freezes when taking a picture), I noticed another rather annoying glitch yesterday.

Simply put, my sim travelled to France, except when France loaded up, my sim was not there and the whole town appeared to be empty. I tried quitting the game, but it wouldn't close. I later force closed the game with the Task Manager.

Luckily, when I rebooted the game, my sim was still fine. Sneaky Grandma was still sneaking around and my photography sim was still having technical difficulties, but other than that the game was running fine. As a test, I sent my sim to France again and was met up with the same results. I haven't tried any other world yet.

Any ideas?

The traveling problem happened to me about a year ago when I got World Adventures, I just uninstalled it and re installed it with none of my CC and it worked. Hope that helped! :wink: For the rest of your problems, I have no idea, I'm having bad glitches too. :(
  • D2DiamondD2Diamond Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2011
    Here's the bugs I have been getting (That are not listed)

*I am unable to use the stroller at all. When I click on "Take a stroll with..." it just makes the parent and toddler jump, and will sometimes make the parent stuck. I have to resetsim them.

*Vacations are not working. (Not sure if this is a generations thing or the patch that came out afterwords) http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/422648.page This pretty much explains it.

*No eating at kitchen tables. They'll sit at the table and hold their plates while eating, and they'll place their empty plates on the table, but they won't eat at the table.

**Other issues that have been listed**
    To many meteors
    Disappearing Sims from inactive lots.

TSR%20Banner.png
  • purplepopsiclepurplepopsicle Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2011
    So I installed the base game, Ambitions, and Generations today. I played the game for a good three hours then I shut the game down for a bit.

I went back to play, and every time I tried to open the Launcher, it freezes then eventually states that it isn't working. Is there a way to get around using the Launcher? :!:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top