Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too many glitches to count!!

Ok, I honestly think something is majorly wrong with my game. I have sims climbing in the air, sims turning into centaurs, a centaur giving birth to a stick. A married sim couple not allowing the other to move in with them.... Whenever I go to Bridgeport and try to edit town it freezes. Sims 2 was waay more reliable than this. Someone told me its because of my graphics card, but if that is true why then did it work fine when I first installed it?

Computer Specs:

Mac OSX Leapord version 10.6.8

Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphic Card NVIDIA GeForce 9400

P.S. I couldn't post this to the lion freeze thread because I got a 404 error

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2011
    Not sure if this could be legit since you are running on Mac OS X Leopard, but the graphics card you're using has caused some glitches, errors, bugs, crashing, etc. in the latest patch for Lion. I think, don't take my word for it, you may be affected by this. This should be fixed when Nvidia releases an update.
  • Options
    Zarah888Zarah888 Posts: 329
    edited August 2011
    Don't worry too much about the graphics card, there have been no problems with it until people started installing Lion. You're good in that regard.

Uninstall any custom content you have, and try to play it then. If you still have issues, uninstall and reinstall the game, make sure it's up to date, and then try. If you still have issues, they're probably just bugs you have to wait out until EA releases a patch that fixes them.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2011
    Your graphics card is fine under Snow Leopard. As Zarah as said, it;s Lion and and the 9400M that is the issue. Your centaur and stick baby issue is custom content and the Bridgeport problem is just that, Bridgeport. It's a town riddled with problems, mostly during gameplay but in edit mode too.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    Thanks all I'll see if this works.
  • Options
    SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    I've had to re-install the whole thing, now I'm very cautious of updating because when I update things go haywire.