Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Centaurs?! From Exchange?

Hello, here I am again with another weird thing happened to my game. I don't know if it is a glitch or what. So here is what happened I downloaded some sims from the exchange... then something happened. Some sims started having centaur bodies that I know weren't centaurs before :roll: . And one sim that was an angel type thing had a gray centaur body for its athletic out fit. Very weird... Anyone else had this experience or know what's up? :? Thanks and please comment.

Comments

• frediolattefrediolatte Posts: 20
    edited August 2011
    I have the same problem. :(
    I've just gotten used to it though. I think it just comes with the sims..
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have the same problem. :(
    I've just gotten used to it though. I think it just comes with the sims..

No, it's from bad CC. Have you been downloading from The Exchange?
    giphy.gif

• tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited August 2011
    bad cc. Sometimes happens when you download sims from the exchange, especially sims with cc on them. I don't know how to get rid of it though, sorry.
  • frediolattefrediolatte Posts: 20
    edited August 2011
    Mhmm.. I've tried to delete it from the installed content, but it still shows up for whatever reason.
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited August 2011
    ..Anyone want to post a pic of this?
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2011
    You have to go into your launcher in the 'installed content' category and sort through all of it to find the picture of the centaur body.
    edited August 2011
    You can try to find help with Crinrict's list of bad CC.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page
    giphy.gif

• HeartfangHeartfang Posts: 582 New Member
    edited August 2011
    One thing I've always wondered: What are the animations like when they have the centaur body?
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    What is bad cc? By the way one of my sims married this centaur woman, and she gave birth to a wavy stick. Some thing is definitely wrong with my game.
    edited August 2011
    Heartfang wrote:
    One thing I've always wondered: What are the animations like when they have the centaur body?

Well, I've had it in my game before. It's really creepy when your sim ages up...:shock:. I assume they're usually the same since i's just on the back. As for walking, it must look glichy.
    edited August 2011
    SnowyDove wrote:
    What is bad cc? By the way one of my sims married this centaur woman, and she gave birth to a wavy stick. Some thing is definitely wrong with my game.

Bad CC is CC that messes up your game some way.
    edited August 2011
    SnowyDove wrote:

For the wavy stick baby there's a simple temporary solution. Age them up using the birthday cake. They might look even scarier, just a warning. If they do, take them to the dresser and have them "Plan Outfit". All you have to do is change their clothes into something age-appropriate and they'll be fixed.

The problem is from some CC clothes that aren't coded right. They end up on all ages, but are only supposed to fit YA/Adult. After you've got it figured out which clothes are the problem, just delete them from your launcher.
    giphy.gif

• ROCKPRINCESS3ROCKPRINCESS3 Posts: 597
    edited August 2011
    You'll have to delete the sims that you downloaded from the exchange from your launcher.
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2011
    As everyone above me stated it's bad cc. Just keeping it in your game, is your choice, but a bad one at that. If you're going to download any CC (or upload creations with CC), whether it be from the Exchange (which don't be fooled! Just because it's up for download on this site does not make it safe!!!!) or directly from a third party site, you need to know how to check for bad CC, and how to clean it out of your game. Why? Because you can cause problems, not only in your game, but in other players games if you decide to upload your creations that have CC without checking them first.

I use CC. I'm a CC addict, I guess, but since I informed myself of bad cc how to find it, recognize it, and rid it from my game I do not upload/download anything until it runs clean with Custard or Dashboard.

Custard and Delphy's Dashboard can help keep your game un-infected by these bad CC, as well ensure a clean upload of your creations regardless of whether it's a sim, clothing, or lot. Custard will check your .sims3pack, while Dashboard will check your .package files.

Custard
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

How to use Custard by Crinrict
    http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/tutorial-custard.html

Dashboard
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006

Dashboard tutorial by Crinrict
    http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/tutorial-delphys-dashboard.html

If you're going to download from the exchange or directly from a third party site that hosts CC, I highly suggest you take the time to learn these two programs before you download CC. It'll save you a lot of headaches down the road.

57.gif

eOI9EQ4.gif
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited August 2011
    SnowyDove wrote:

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/01/faq-my-sims-look-horrible.html
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited August 2011
    Bad cc is what makes your toddlers/baby's look like sticks.

The file is called Horsefullbody, you need to find it and uninstall it from your launcher.

I just had to do it to mine.

PS. Before you download sims check what the sim is wearing.
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited August 2011
    As everyone above me stated it's bad cc. Just keeping it in your game, is your choice, but a bad one at that. If you're going to download any CC (or upload creations with CC), whether it be from the Exchange (which don't be fooled! Just because it's up for download on this site does not make it safe!!!!) or directly from a third party site, you need to know how to check for bad CC, and how to clean it out of your game. Why? Because you can cause problems, not only in your game, but in other players games if you decide to upload your creations that have CC without checking them first.

I use CC. I'm a CC addict, I guess, but since I informed myself of bad cc how to find it, recognize it, and rid it from my game I do not upload/download anything until it runs clean with Custard or Dashboard.

Custard and Delphy's Dashboard can help keep your game un-infected by these bad CC, as well ensure a clean upload of your creations regardless of whether it's a sim, clothing, or lot. Custard will check your .sims3pack, while Dashboard will check your .package files.

Thank you brunettesimgirl the only thing is I have a mac OSX version 10.6 leopard. Is there a link to download this for macs? I found a link for the custard via Microsoft so anyway. Much obliged.