The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw Troubleshooting ......Your Currently Installed Version of the Game is not Compatible...FIX HERE

My Fellow Cawsters :D
I'm seeing a lot of new threads for people needing help with error messages, crashing, patching issues. If we could all troubleshoot off one thread, I can post fixes we find and share in the first post which will make it easier for people to find the information needed.

I'm hoping everyone will help and contribute. I'm only good at information dissemination, not that good with the techie stuff. :mrgreen:

Caw Trouble Shooting

The first thing you need to do is read this, and implement the suggestions made in this thread at MTS;
Arrow%20Forward%20Icon.jpgCreate A World - CAW not running? CAW running slowly?

Patch Information
Archived Versions of the World Tool

Patch 1.24 - Town Life
:!: Create-a-World - Working with 1.24 july/11 patch :!:
This has worked for many who are getting the error Message "Your Currently Installed Version of the Game is not Compatible with Create a World"
The Generations dir file is located in C:/Programs/Electronic Arts/ then go to your latest expansion and the default file is there. Thanks Goligy08
Quick walkthrough of the fix with pictures, on this thread, in second post. Arrow%20Down.png"width=50"

Patch 1.22 - Generations
Quote by Simsample in this thread;
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/394572.page#5567633

simsample wrote:
The problem you are describing seems to be caused when you have the latest game patch and CAW but NOT Generations.

People are finding that the new CAW will not work without Generations as the program is looking for the TS3W executable, but that executable only exists if you have Generations.

Update: This is the work around for the Generations patch issue
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=776.msg17489#msg17489
OR
Here is a nifty premade gadget by Zaide_chris, that you just have to drag and drop your .world file into.
Batch file to easily open EIG

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2011
    Fix for error message: Your Currently Installed Version of the Game is not Compatible

Okay, I took some pics to help clarify. This is the fix Kiritra discovered in this thread, just in simplified terms.

Click on "My Computer", and navigate to:
    C:
    Programs(x86)
    Electronic Arts or *Origins Games*
    Sims 3 Generations, or the latest EP you have installed.

**Side Note: I have a Digital Download from the EA store. After I recently reinstalled all the games, my Digital Downloads show up in the Origins Games folder instead of Electronic Arts, so you may need to look there.

e16um0.jpg"width=325"2moqt82.jpg"width=325"

Now go to;
    Game
    Bin
    Default, just click on it.

11c8p78.jpg

Now just change those two highlighted numbers to this
    CompatVersion = 12
    WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 9

SAVE! :mrgreen:

Error Messages

Faild Saves from EIG
    Edit in Game Fails to Save. FIX!!!

Your Currently Installed Version of the Game is not Compatible with Create a World
    Create-a-World - Working with 1.24 july/11 patch @ MTS (My quick version here)
    Fix for Installed Version, not Compatible by Misteemiles EA Caw Forum
    Caw Starts to open, then closes down.
    Try clearing your Cache files, info HERE, and your Virtual Store Files, info HERE * Make sure to do the Virtual Store files, that is what fixed it for me. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2011
    This is a good idea, I'm sure this will help lots of peoople. :)

I linked back to this in my CAW thread on MTS too, auntielynds!
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Simsample :-)

This is the currant fix for running Caw without Town Life

This is working for many people so far. If you try it, please report back and let us know how it works for you.

Patch 1.24 - Town Life
  • SandrineDSandrineD Posts: 149
    edited August 2011
    Maybe whenever we see yet another new thread asking the same question whoever sees it first could link back to here as its appears well laid out.
  • SandrineDSandrineD Posts: 149
    edited August 2011
    Is this a useful page for this subject?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/220596.page
    about the 10th post with info gleaned from MTS
    edited August 2011
    SandrineD wrote:
    Is this a useful page for this subject?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/220596.page
    about the 10th post with info gleaned from MTS

Yes, that's the same info I linked to here :D;
    Create-a-World - Working with 1.24 july/11 patch

I'd like to know if it stops the error message people are getting saying Caw is not compatible with the current version of the Sims 3.

There's so many threads out there with the same issues, It'd be nice to consolidate, and actually find some fixes.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have it working like a dream with Town Life installed. I have no idea what I did, except go back to an earlier version of the world.

The way I see it and this is my second experience of this. CAW should be treated like Mods, when you install something or patch, you should remove your CAW folder to desktop, uninstall CAW, go ahead and do whatever you're doing then reinstall CAW again. It saves a lot of hassle if we realise that.

It seems to me that the patch corrupted world files. I'm lucky in that I keep backups on an external hard drive and that's how I could get a version that hadn't been touched by the patch.

Instead of using recent worlds to open my world, I use open world and navigate to my storage folder, then save it to the usertoolsdata one. The only thing I bring over is the source textures.

I saw all that stuff in my search for an answer, over on MTS, but didn't do any of it and it's working fine.

I did say on the thread we had a few days ago that using an old version of the world worked. Hope this helps.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2011
    I never had a problem with CAW with or without TL. And I don't worry about moving my world files because I keep them out of the CAW files.

It could be because I have several back saves of CAW dls.

Most people who have used CAW for a while do know that CAW must be uninstalled/DL/reinstalled with a new Patch/Update/Stuff/Expansion, fluttereyes. Once EA updates CAW dl. It's for the people who are new to CAW. :)

edited August 2011
    Before I installed TL I got Caw working with version 1.11.10, but EIG crashed when saving, and corrupted the .world file. Everything works fine now that TL is installed, and reinstalled Caw version 1.11.12, the current version.
  • goligy08goligy08 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks Simsample :-)

This is the currant fix for running Caw without Town Life

This is working for many people so far. If you try it, please report back and let us know how it works for you.

Patch 1.24 - Town Life

The thread on mts you linked tells you to go to your generations dir file , where excatly is that :(
  • goligy08goligy08 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Nevermind I found it, Caw is Now working

for those who may not know where it is though

(pc)

go to my computer local disk (C:)
    , program files, electronic arts, then go to your latest exspanion and the default file is there :D
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2011
    Wow, nifty. :shock: It works now. :wink: We had the power to fix all these patches by ourselves the whole time.

"And all you have to do is close your eyes, and click your heels together 3 times."

:lol:
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've read through everything, but can't get CAW to work *with* Ambitions. Is there a patch - OR SOMETHING - to get it to work? The link on The Sims website is the same link I've *been* downloading.

I could see if I was just playing the base game, then CAW works. But since I've had Ambitions - and gotten ALL the updates and latest patches - it doesn't.

Could someone look into this? Please?
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2011
    Hey MsPrissy88, if your game is fully patched then try this:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450303

It was linked in the first post, but perhaps you didn't try it.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Yay mine's working! Thank you for posting this!
    edited August 2011
    Docsprock wrote:
    Wow, nifty. :shock: It works now. :wink: We had the power to fix all these patches by ourselves the whole time.

"And all you have to do is close your eyes, and click your heels together 3 times."

:lol:

But, you have to have the magical red glitter shoes! :lol:

goligy08 wrote:
    The thread on mts you linked tells you to go to your generations dir file , where excatly is that?

(pc)

, Program Piles, Electronic Arts, then go to your latest expansion and the default file is there :D

Thanks Goligy,
    I'll add that to the top post. :D
  • RayMaster67RayMaster67 Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Sooo... I open the file in Notepad and re-wright it (referring to mts post)?
  • EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Can sombody please tell me how to do this?

How do i get to that file so i can change it?!
  • EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
    edited August 2011
    goligy08 wrote:

(pc)

, program files, electronic arts, then go to your latest exspanion and the default file is there :D

I did all this but when i go to my latest expansion it says: game, game data, Support, Thumbnails.
    edited August 2011
    Okay, I took some pics to help clarify.

Click on "My Computer", and navigate to:
    C:
    Programs(x86)
    Electronic Arts or *Origins Games*
    Sims 3 Generations, or the latest EP you have installed.

**Side Note: I have a Digital Download from the EA store. After I recently reinstalled all the games, my Digital Downloads show up in the Origins Games folder instead of Electronic Arts, so you may need to look there.

e16um0.jpg"width=325"2moqt82.jpg"width=325"

Now go to;
    Game
    Bin
    Default, just click on it.

11c8p78.jpg

Now just change those two highlighted numbers to this
    CompatVersion = 12
    WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 9
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2011
    EN55 wrote:

I did all this but when i go to my latest expansion it says: game, game data, Support, Thumbnails.

Click on "Game", Then on "Bin"
    edited August 2011
    Bumbping so people will see it
  • TippertotTippertot Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    The "Create-a-World - Working with 1.24 july/11 patch" worked brilliantly for me! Thanks for the redirect!
    edited August 2011
  • piamhpiamh Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Thank you very much, ive spent hours since Generations trying to fix CAW, and after the Town Life patch CAW wouldnt even load. I gave up trying the work arounds, but the work arouns for without town life expansion was easy to follow and actually worked! now i can finaly continue my world. Once again many thanks for sharing the infortmation