Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ebony & Ivory Genetics challenge V.2

Ebony and Ivory Genetics Challenge V.2

This is a new beginning to a classic challenge created by Octojenn. :) All credit goes to her.
The idea of this challenge is the same as the original. Each sim (heir) will be paired with another sim from the genepool. The only rule is that the heir's mate has to be a different skin tone then they are. All sims are welcome no matter their skintone. The two founders are a black male and a white female. That is where the Ebony and Ivory Challenge gets it's unique name from. You will play through each generation comparing heirs and their families.

There aren't any deadlines, so you may play at your own pace.

Anyone can join at anytime. So don't just lurk, Join! :D

General Pic Thread Post pictures of your family here.

Keep track of your family using the Family Echo family tree maker.
family tree maker

The founders for the challenge are,
Ebony
Ivory

Generation 2 mates
female
Nahla by Ltto142
male
Hugh by caturae

Generation 3 mates
female
DanielleHeckstress17 simself
male
Terrance by Heckstress17

Generation 4 mates
female
Lauryn by Chrisette
male
Demion by coolgirl12

Generation 5 mates
female
Jennifer Simms by Octojenn (simself)
male
Claude by strelitzia19

Generation 6 mates.
female
Tara May by microgirl321
male
Deon by SapphireDCM

Generation 7 mates.
female
Adani by Stinalina
male
Steven by Mathkilla12

Generation 8 mates
female
Clairey simself by Clairey900
male
Tyrone Jackson by blacksheba1973

Generation 9 mates
female
Evie by WIBS
male
Henerick by Gillie

Generation 10 mates
female
Rose Sterling by Sapphire69
male
Jason Colbyby hmsdrco2001
Generation 11 mates
female
Amada Sim by amadazulsim
male
Gage by Jodi22
]

Comments

• Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm excited gonna start to play in a few minutes! :D
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited August 2011
    Me too! :)
    ]
  • SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited August 2011
    Looks great! I hope I can start tonight!
  • Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited August 2011
    Looks great! Can't wait to start :D
    edited August 2011
    Caturae made some nice looking men! Great find amadazulsim!
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm starting now.....I love the weekends :)

I also updated the old main page with a link to this thread :wink:
    edited August 2011
    Thank you everyone. :)
    I went ahead and chose the first set of mates but we can vote on generation 3 mates. So be on the lookout for female and male mates. I decided to just use two choices, hope you all don't mind.

Edit.
    Thank you Jenn for linking the page.
    ]
    edited August 2011
    Thank you everyone. :)
    I went ahead and chose the first set of mates but we can vote on generation 3 mates. So be on the lookout for female and male mates. I decided to just use two choices, hope you all don't mind.

Edit.
    Thank you Jenn for linking the page.

I really like the sims you chose. Nahla is adorable (love that name) and Hugh is one hunky sim. Are we going to be using our simselves in the challenge at some point? We all had fun when we did that with the original genetic's challenge... wow that seems like ages ago now lol

I'm gonna shamelessly plug my sim Terrence. I haven't gotten the chance to play with him at all and I really want to. I think he was a mate somewhere down the line in the first E&I challenge but I can't remember. lol My memory sucks. :P:mrgreen:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3829222

Edit: Oh oh oh! Almost forgot to recommend Sapphire's sim, Deon. I played with him awhile back and he is hunkalicious. :wink: lol
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3474281
    And Araceli A. because she's gorgeous!
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4339949

Okay I'm seriously done now. :mrgreen: lol
    edited August 2011
    Heckstress: Thanks! Deon is definitely one of my fav men that I've made. Araceli was from the Ebony and Ivory challenge but I can't remember who her dad was. I didn't play her family but I liked her and her sisters so much that I just had to upload them.

I'm suggesting Kendall be apart of this challenge since I was going to use him in the first challenge.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3531852

Here's some more people I've collected :)
    Blake
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3597304

Raquel
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4411613

I think I posted her before but here's Teri
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4239125

Corrie, my upload, she was born in game from someone in the Ebony and Ivory Challenge.
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4298967

Edit again lol, I really like searching for sims.
    Minh
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2832741

Asian Male
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4002559

Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited August 2011
    Yes we will be using someone's simself for the next generations mates. I was thinking we will use Heckstress as the next female mate and we can vote on a male mate.

I like Terrance and Deon oh yeah and asian sim. Those would be my votes. lol
    ]
    edited August 2011
    Loving the potential mates I vote yes to Deon :) Is anyone else using Twallan's mods?
    edited August 2011
    Octojenn: I use Twallan's story progression.
    Edit
    I just read the picture thread, You don't think they transferred from my game to yours if that is even possible? Wait, I forgot I made them on my other computer and it doesn't have any mods or cc on it.
    ]
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    i really like Terrence; so many great sims! ;O
    edited August 2011
    Octojenn: I use Twallan's story progression.
    Edit
    I just read the picture thread, You don't think they transferred from my game to yours if that is even possible? Wait, I forgot I made them on my other computer and it doesn't have any mods or cc on it.

LOL I don't think mods transfer. I think it's just being weird since the update twallan made was for the new sp that I don't have. Or maybe that patch EA out out has something to do with it. I dunno but I deleted all my cc and I am starting over...feel so naked :oops: without my CC
    edited August 2011
    octojenn: I don't use any mods.

It's so hard voting when there are so many nice sims to choose from. I really like Terrance, Deon, and Asian Male.
    edited August 2011
    Octojenn: I haven't even updated my game yet. I didn't feel like doing all the work. I know that is just sad but I may do it tonight.
    ]
  • Clairey900Clairey900 Posts: 939
    edited August 2011
    Is it Ivory Taylor or Thomas?
    edited August 2011
    octojenn- I use twallan's story progression and master controller mods. I was having trouble before I updated my game with the latest patch. But now it's working just fine since I updated everything. Hope you get it sorted out, I can't imagine playing without cc. :shock:

I think before we pick out a bunch of lovely female sims we use everyone's simselves as mates. We're all girls so if we do that we're set for female mates for a long time. As far as guys go I like, Terrence, Deon, and "asian male" (weird to say lol) the most. There's alot of great choices though, I'd be happy with whatever.

I just got home from my daughters pre-k orientation so when she's in bed tonight I'll be updating and commenting. :-)
    edited August 2011
    Clairey: I think it's Ivory Thomas. Taylor is Ebony's last name. Of the sims you found, I really like Orlando and Julie.
    edited August 2011
    Clairey: It is Ivory Thomas.

Okay, I counted up the votes and Terrance will be the generation 3 male choice.
    :D
    Thank you all for voting.

Thanks everyone who answered questions for me. I try to check the thread at least twice a night. :)

I think we will use Sapphire's simself for the generation 4 mate.

Gonna get some play time in before bed.
    Happy Simming.

]
    edited August 2011
    Yay for Terrence :)
    Amada- I love that Ebony's name is Tyler since the originals where the Taylor's lol

EDIT: So I've got my mods working again. What a relief! I was NOT enjoying my mod free playtime....I think I almost died from boredom lol j/k But yeah blunote00 totally help me out. Apparently I forgot to remove my mods folder prior to the latest patch. Luckily nothing crazy happened except the game being lifeless :? So I expect to have another update sometime today :lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LuvDyrdekLuvDyrdek Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2011
    i like Orlando and Kelly. oh, and Becca of course. (;

im going to have to try some mods.. ive been playing without them since i got the game, now im curious.

i also still want to play a bit more before i update.. so im off to play. (:
    edited August 2011
    LuvDyrdek wrote:

im going to have to try some mods.. ive been playing without them since i got the game, now im curious.

Me and Heckstress have been playing exclusively with Twallan's. I know there are other mods out there but his are the most popular. Just make sure you take the time to read what each one does. He has quite a few and they include extras too. He even has one that makes it so there are vampire slayers in your town lol I haven't tried it yet but I've been eye-balling it :wink:
    edited August 2011
    LuvDyrdek wrote:

Like Jenn said I play with twallan's master controller and story progression. I don't use very much cc so I was kinda wary about using mods, but Twallan's are great, and he updates them frequently. If you're gonna try some I'd recommend twallan's. They spice up the game quite a bit. I could live without them but I'm glad I don't have to. :wink: I haven't heard about the vampire slayer mod lol I'll have to check that out.