Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Caw FAQ's........Links to Tutorials, and Resources. Textures, & Troubleshooting

Comments

• auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2011
    Maanio,

Thank you Maanio. :D

I like to gather information :mrgreen:

Tea_and_blues,

Hi Kiwi! :D
    Do you know how often people ask for help with those testy DT's? Too often. This will be very handy. I love how you can sort the rabbit holes like a spread sheet very cool! Is that an option on the wiki? I'm not familiar at all with how the wiki's work, but It would be fun to learn.
    I've often thought it would be nice to have an all inclusive place for Caw info, instead of a little here, and a little there. Even if most of the information was redundant, it would all be in one place. Like today I was so happy I'd copied and pasted Simsample's Caw Troubleshooting thread. MTS was down right when I needed that info.

Lovingreds

I thought for sure I had already listed this, but sure enough, I hadn't. :oops:

Thanks for reminding me. :mrgreen:

• StarrTigerStarrTiger Posts: 153 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you! Every time I clicked the MTS link it said the site was under maintenance so I really appreciate you posting it here. I will try what you suggested and hopefully it will work! :D
  • DanielrocxsDanielrocxs Posts: 96 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Everythingworked outreal well! But wen I exportmyworl itsays Exportfailed... what should i do. i hav everything done right
    edited July 2011
    Try exporting a few more times. Sometimes you can get it to export after a few tries.

I had a problem exporting my world on one PC, and not on my other PC. I had to uninstall Caw, and reinstall, then it worked. Make sure you move your UserToolData folder to your desktop before uninstalling, then replace with the new one once reinstalled.

Take a look at this thread at MTS by Simsample;
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    simsample wrote:paulamunzen, the problem you are describing seems to be caused when you have the latest game patch and CAW but NOT Generations.

I have Generations and mine is broken by the patch. I don't want to uninstall every EP that has ever been made as I have them all, then reinstall them all again. Is it not better to just wait until they come out with a fix for CAW or just forget about CAW, sorry, that's just how I'm feeling. I spend 10+ months on each world, doing all my own builds and this happens every time, it's tiresome, they know patches break it. I'm not being nasty, I'm just coming to the end of my tether.

I made a tutorial showing step by step, how to deconstruct an apartment to get the post box.

I unlocked the mail box and trash chute and they are in the downloads area on my site, no need to demolish to find them. Other people have unlocked them too in other places, a search would find them if you don't want mine.
  • Yuki109Yuki109 Posts: 27
    edited July 2011
    uhm... Nothing to do with the previous commenters, but I need to know... Does CAW work with Digital Downloads of Sims3/Generations? I've heard it hasn't from one person... and I need to know, cause I do have the DD version, for my new computer (lost disc/unlock code, plus it was cheaper online.

Anyone know?

edited July 2011
    All my EP's are DD's, and worked fine before the 1.24 patch with Caw. :D
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    My disc for the base game stopped working, so I had to download through EADM one time. I had a look in my files and that reminded me it was a DD. I'm going to uninstall everything and use my sons disc with my own key, see if that does anything. I don't have time for it just now, it will have to wait till I have time to uninstall and reinstall every EP and SP that's out. I hate this.
  • KetlseyKetlsey Posts: 57 New Member
    edited July 2011

SimGuruJean posted this in the Town Life forum.
    We are looking into a solution for this issue and the technical discussions forum has a lot more information that may help you until then. Lots of Simmers are reporting that updating their EADM/Origin to the latest version fixes this problem.

Town life seems to be having alot of problems.
  • bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited July 2011
    Is there a tutorial out there for how to import custom music to your map view in your world?
    edited July 2011
    Hey bunbunnyny,

I think I read at MTS, sometime ago, that you can only change the music in your own game, and it effects every world you play. The folder is located in:
    Programs(x86)
    Electronic Arts
    Sims 3
    Game Data
    Shared
    NonPackaged
    CustomMusic

edited July 2011
    ...So what about vacation destinations? That's where I'm headed...
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hey auntie I just fount an old post of mine that some users might find usefull. It has been moved to general for some reason. Here it is:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/244150.page
    edited July 2011
    Hi Geminiagre :D

I put the link under "Troubleshooting". They've now moved it to the Tech discussion forum which is better than GD. :lol:
    edited July 2011
    Auntielynds, I've found this excellent tutorial on how to make a world a city. It's in a post in a thread that links to the one that's already up. But it's very detailed and accurate!

I'm going to see if I can make a tutorial on how to do something by doing that. I'm still experimenting.

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost.php?p=3576423&postcount=30

This is what I read.
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited July 2011
    I just quickly updated the lot sizes list with the footprints for the Town Life rabbit holes.

http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/wiki/Rabbithole_lot_sizes
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    Thank you auntie :)
    I fixed the title now :)
  • tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited August 2011
    A little bird over at MTS - ********** - is making an amazingly awesome guide to CAW under cover of darkness. It's not entirely complete, but already very "list worthy".

^_^

I have absolutely no idea why that name would be bleeped. Link here.
    edited August 2011
    Ha Ha! Love the title

"Tutorials:Creating A World That Doesn't Suck"
  • HeyWhatReubHeyWhatReub Posts: 81 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi,

Don't know if it's good enough for inclusion, but I wrote a tutorial on how to easily place and blend a distant terrain.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/417466.page
    edited August 2011
    Auntie, if I made any tutorials on how to create cool effects and puzzles in tombs, would you add it to your list?
    edited August 2011
    Of coarse Bunbun :)

We can put them under Lot Building Tuts.
    edited August 2011
    How to Create Underwater Passages (Great With Tombs!)

I'm going to create another one later.
  • tvanr9tvanr9 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2011
    A little bird over at MTS - ********** - is making an amazingly awesome guide to CAW under cover of darkness. It's not entirely complete, but already very "list worthy".

^_^

I have absolutely no idea why that name would be bleeped. Link here.

... Why did it bleep my username... lol. Is it cause I scare them? <.<

But yeah.. Thanks for putting my guide into your collection :P

I would like to stress that it is far from finished.. probably won't be done for another month, maybe even 2 or 3.. It is a huge guide, after all.. My goal is for it to consist of literally everything that creators should know about CAW.. I keep thinking of new sections and headings to add, and I also have to balance making it with doing my last year at school and doing my lots and stuff.. :P

Btw, my username is **********.. Lets see if it bleeps THAT.

EDIT: ......what the hell... Try again.. TVR designs (without the space)

Also, the ACTUAL link to the main page of the guide is here
    edited August 2011
    Ah, thank you TVR, I'll get it updated.

I wasn't sure who the author was, so I left it blank till I found out.

The funny thing is you posted
    EDIT: ......what the hell...
    and that was no problem, but your name? Very controversial. :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top