Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Placing Mirrors Making Game Crash :(

I recently downloaded a LOT of custom content before starting up my Sims 3 game(I don't have any expansion packs installed) and now whenever I click on a mirror to place the screen goes black and then crashes my computer. I downloaded some transparent floor tiles for the house I'm building for skylight; that's the only thing I could think of that may be related to mirrors as they both have light-reflecting properties. Then again I really don't know that much about computers. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Comments

• wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited April 2011
    I am experiencing the very same thing! I uninstall and deleted the custom content. I restarted my computer and I am still experiencing the lag. The lag ONLY happens during live mode.
  • wecantpickanamewecantpickaname Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited April 2011
    I recently downloaded a LOT of custom content before starting up my Sims 3 game(I don't have any expansion packs installed) and now whenever I click on a mirror to place the screen goes black and then crashes my computer. I downloaded some transparent floor tiles for the house I'm building for skylight; that's the only thing I could think of that may be related to mirrors as they both have light-reflecting properties. Then again I really don't know that much about computers. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
    Which mirror? I have a ton of the "fabulous" mirrors all over the walls in one room. I don't know if that is what is causing my problem since this is the common thing we share with the game issue.

I have only the ambitions expansion pack installed but since it came with Sims3 deluxe, the website won't allow me to register it.
  • lowenbajowenlowenbajowen Posts: 61 New Member
    edited April 2011
    What happened with me was I had ambitions but uninstalled it, but I installed all of this custom content before running the game after uninstalling it. So I have no idea if it was something ambitions did to it or the custom content really. I was actually able to successfully place on mirror rather quickly on the wall adjacent to my left (if that make sense) but when I went to place one directly in front of me it crashed instantly. The mirrors don't look distorted at all and neither do the reflections. I tried using custom content mirrors and the mirrors that came with the base game and both of them crashed my computer. I'm really not sure what it is but for now I will just have to go mirror-less. :(

Oh, and I'd also like to add that I noticed I downloaded a storage shelf that has a mirror built into it (custom content) and that doesn't make my game crash at all, no matter what wall it is on and where it is placed. I had 3 of these at once in one room and the mirror in the unit still reflects like any other mirror in game. This is all during build/buy mode on the lot, no families have been moved into it yet.
    edited April 2011
    I am sorry to hear that you are having the same issues as me. :( It can be very frustrating. This is why I am always hesitant to install expansion packs or update my game and download patches because I'm afraid it may further mess up my game and some of my custom content may not work with the patches or updates. I live for custom content and to me without it the Sims just isn't worth playing. I still can't believe EA nixed hot tubs on the Sims 3 base game... I'm waiting for some kind of mod or new release where I can buy or download a hot tub separate from installing Night Life because I've heard too many complaints about it and I really don't need my game to run any slower and have any more bugs than it already does.
    edited April 2011
    Mk, now the Sims 3 site is logging me out whenever I click on a new page, like visit the exchange or look at my friend requests. Its been doing this since day 1 of me using the site (I bought TS3 the day it came out), I thought this bug would have been fixed by now. lol.
  • lovechemicallovechemical Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    i don't know if this thread is still active lol, but I have had this problem a lot and was using a base game mirror (usually one of the floor to ceiling ones) and it took me a while to figure this out but last night i noticed it seemed to be cause by angling the camera so that it would reflect the (cc) bathtub. I tried a couple other things and it seems like if you have any bad cc mirrors havee trouble handling a reflection of it.
  • svetusikjsvetusikj Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I downloaded mirror floors and when I use them my game is so slow. Why does this happen?
  • mdehetre08mdehetre08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have an answer for the adding mirror crash issue?? :'(