Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My opinion on the Calm downs

HunkelberryHunkelberry Posts: 31 New Member
It is not your right to express how bad you hate the game, this forum section is ideas & feedback not RANTS. It is your right to speak you mind in AMERICA not in The Sims 3 forums. Electronic Arts is one of the best Software distributors ever, they have one of the best customer support center. I have faith that they will provide us with an amazing patch to fix minor bugs. If your having so many problems with the game don't play it. Most of your problems are because your computer is to old, and your to cheap/stupid to know how to install/buy a graphics card to run this game. We the people that like the game are entitled to this forum.

Comments

• brwnsugamama1brwnsugamama1 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What do u think feedback is?!?!? Feedback can be positive or negative, its how a person feels. And to tell people they have no right is crazy, that doesn't even sound right. A lot of posts are from fans who have been playing since TS1 and are extremely disappointed in the quality of this game. I personally have not had any problems with my game at all, but for the 80 bucks I paid im am UPSET with the quality of this game and how the essence of what makes the sims what is has been taken away from us. And for everyone who is acting like TS3 is so perfect and calling fans stupid who are having problems and rightfully p/o'd need to get off of EA's jock because they are OUT OF ORDER for this product. I have every TS1 and TS2 game there is and never had a complaint until now.
  • UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Time is a great healer and by the time the first EP for the Sims 3 is out I'm sure most of the rants and foul ups will be long forgotten.

Saying that though, a free Servo might ease the pain in the meantime. :D
  • HunkelberryHunkelberry Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    First off you did not pay 80 dollars for the game o.0 i bought collectors edition too and it only costs what 69.99 =0, and the only reason why it costs so much is because the stupid usb memory stick is about 20 dollars so 49.99(sims3) + 20(usb) = 69.99 wow your really smart.

Secondly feedback does not include this game sucks we need patchs to fix our games, you dont need patchs to fix the game you need to surpass the minimal requirements to have a smooth running game.

Thirdly This thread is not owned by the u.s. therefore E.A. can restrict what you say on here. If you want to rant go type it in Microsoft word. Negative feedback is fine but when people do not take the time to play the game for more then a few hours to judge it is out of hand, or when people say "it is not what i thought it would be like" that is there own fault for not following up on the game before it came out.

4thly If you have played all the sims Series then you know that the intial releas of each sims gets better after the 1st expansion. Look at sims 1 it was amazing when livin' large came out because then you didnt have to deal with the burglars. or look at sims 2 it was more addicting when they added the university because it added a new lifestyle and more items. It isnt E.A. fault that you grew up and grew out of the sims genre
  • phantasyemotionsphantasyemotions Posts: 277 New Member
    edited June 2009
    First off you did not pay 80 dollars for the game o.0 i bought collectors edition too and it only costs what 69.99 =0, and the only reason why it costs so much is because the stupid usb memory stick is about 20 dollars so 49.99(sims3) + 20(usb) = 69.99 wow your really smart.

Secondly feedback does not include this game sucks we need patchs to fix our games, you dont need patchs to fix the game you need to surpass the minimal requirements to have a smooth running game.

Thirdly This thread is not owned by the u.s. therefore E.A. can restrict what you say on here. If you want to rant go type it in Microsoft word. Negative feedback is fine but when people do not take the time to play the game for more then a few hours to judge it is out of hand, or when people say "it is not what i thought it would be like" that is there own fault for not following up on the game before it came out.

4thly If you have played all the sims Series then you know that the intial releas of each sims gets better after the 1st expansion. Look at sims 1 it was amazing when livin' large came out because then you didnt have to deal with the burglars. or look at sims 2 it was more addicting when they added the university because it added a new lifestyle and more items. It isnt E.A. fault that you grew up and grew out of the sims genre

Please stop. You're very ignorant to the situation. There are over 100 pages in the technical discussion thread in three days! People are having problems because of the software, NOT their 'crappy computers.' If you actually read the posts you'd see that even the people with the BEST computers (alienware, hardcore gaming computers that can even run the most hardcore demanding games) are having problems. Don't be an arrogant git and think you're better because you got lucky with a game that has little errors. You're computer might be good, but people with all kinds are having difficulty. I myself surpass all the requirements and the game keeps crashing every ten minutes.

I spent a lot of money on this game. It's never racking that it won't work and that EA hasn't had any solutions yet.

Long story short: please shut the **** up and less of a jerk to people that are having problems.
  • piecesofwinterpiecesofwinter Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with Phantasy.

You need to sit down, and stop being so ignorant. Please actually have information to back up your baseless claims. Feedback is both positive and negative. When you get out in the real world, you're going to have a hard time adjusting. It is very concerning to see this many problems, with this many people, within a week of the game being released.

You were obviously lucky and were able to install the game smoothly; a lot of us, however, were not so lucky. So don't think the whole world revolves around you and your sixth grade math skills.
  • CleoTheMuseCleoTheMuse Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow...feedback is not hateful rants?

Someone needs to tell this to my co-workers at the next department meeting I go to.
  • GartaukGartauk Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It is not your right to express how bad you hate the game, this forum section is ideas & feedback not RANTS. It is your right to speak you mind in AMERICA not in The Sims 3 forums. Electronic Arts is one of the best Software distributors ever, they have one of the best customer support center. I have faith that they will provide us with an amazing patch to fix minor bugs. If your having so many problems with the game don't play it. Most of your problems are because your computer is to old, and your to cheap/stupid to know how to install/buy a graphics card to run this game. We the people that like the game are entitled to this forum.

I7 920 naehlem
    Collermaster V8 HS
    Lanparty JR Mobo
    Dual Nvidia XfX 260's in and out of SLI
    3 gigs DDR3 Corsair dominator
    Dual 320 Gig HD's in Raid 0
    860w PCP&C PSU
    Antec A900 case with excellent airflow

I run every game I can find at top settings

Sims 3 wont run for 5 mins because of overheating (so run it in window mode I know) mem leak then locks up my rig and sends me to a hard start.

Drivers are up to date
    all components functional
    All Games settings, clock speeds, fan speeds, and temps have been check and tweak for hours on end, no change in result.

There's your feedback

Buggy code is buggy
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    as much as i like you right now, they actually DO have a right to rant anywhere.
  • gamer_momgamer_mom Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    there are better forums yes but they do have a right.
  • thegroovy1thegroovy1 Posts: 228 New Member
    edited June 2009

Excuse me? We can say what we want on here! it is our opinions! Good for you, you like it! It works for you! There arn't any problems! YAY! BUT WHO CARES! Respect the fact that there are many others who don't have a good game! And it isn't their computers or anything. ITs the game. Now, stop being an *** and don't read posts that'll **** you off and make you "RANT" about people disliking the game. Hypocrite.