Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

elder pets

will there be elder pets on this game because i had a look on sims 3 wikia and it say there no elder pets?

-R.I.P sparkles :( the rabbit-

Comments

• Options
    MamiiGoodMamiiGood Posts: 947 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Ofcourse, they can get old and eventualy pass away.
  • Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2011
    Stages for a dogs life in sims: Puppy, Adult,Elder
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited August 2011
    Don't trust anything that Wiki says, it can be edited and changed by anyone.
  • Options
    AquiasAquias Posts: 1,742 New Member
    edited August 2011
    When it comes to religion, politics, and media don't trust wikipedia; opinions always get in the way.
  • Options
    trexhunter34trexhunter34 Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2011
    does simswikia count as well?
  • Options
    NarcissaNarcissa Posts: 811 Member
    edited August 2011
    "Life stages for pets are: Puppy/Kitten/Foal, Adult, and Elder "

That is the exact wording on the TS3P wikia page. You just have to look for it :wink:
    LittleV wrote:
    Don't trust anything that Wiki says, it can be edited and changed by anyone

You wiki haters drive me up the hall. (yes, that was an NCIS reference :3) Don't trust wiki at all? So if it says Leonardo DiCaprio was in Titanic you wouldn't believe it because you can't trust wiki? :hunf: Most of the people who put things on there are good-intentioned. Most of the content is cited by trustable resources. There is truth everywhere on Wikipedia if you know the signs.

BTW, The Sim Wikia is made purely by simmers like you and I. I think you can trust most of the content on there.
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm pretty sure it was said there was only two life stages this time, and it just went up to adult and there was no elder
  • Options
    artesianwadaartesianwada Posts: 147 Member
    edited August 2011
    Ben Bell did a live chat at E3 where he said there's no "older dog" stage and that "dogs are just dogs".
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I could have sworn I saw somewhere that the life stages are just like from sims 2...which are puppy/kitten, adult, and elder
  • Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited August 2011
    This is from Sims VIP http://simsvip.com/?p=1838
    "There are 3 stages to a Pet’s Life

♦ Infant/Baby/Youngster

♦ Adult

♦ Elder

♦ Pets will die of old age"
  • Options
    Gothlove24Gothlove24 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Narcissa wrote:

That is the exact wording on the TS3P wikia page. You just have to look for it :wink:
    LittleV wrote:

You wiki haters drive me up the hall. (yes, that was an NCIS reference :3) Don't trust wiki at all? So if it says Leonardo DiCaprio was in Titanic you wouldn't believe it because you can't trust wiki? :hunf: Most of the people who put things on there are good-intentioned. Most of the content is cited by trustable resources. There is truth everywhere on Wikipedia if you know the signs.

BTW, The Sim Wikia is made purely by simmers like you and I. I think you can trust most of the content on there.

I put put Elder there because i read an arcle on a link that conformed it
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    does simswikia count as well?

Simswiki, refresh it after a day, if it is still there, the it is trustworthy. But things that say confirmation needed by it you shouldn't trust.
  • Options
    Gothlove24Gothlove24 Posts: 244 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Ben Bell did a live chat at E3 where he said there's no "older dog" stage and that "dogs are just dogs".
    Thats a lie how would a sim adult die of old age ?
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Puppy/kitten/foal, adult, then elder. After theyve reached elder, it's just like in the sims where they eventually pass away.
  • Options
    Laru95Laru95 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited August 2011
    betty_me13 wrote:
    This is from Sims VIP http://simsvip.com/?p=1838
    "There are 3 stages to a Pet’s Life

♦ Infant/Baby/Youngster

♦ Adult

♦ Elder

♦ Pets will die of old age"

That infant/baby/youngster part confuses me..Does that mean the pets will first be infants, then soon they get grow to babies and then youngsters? :?
    If that is so however, I'd love it :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well, I don't know about the different stages of life, since I've only garnered my information about this EP from this site --- and from the trailer I just watched today. If your pets don't age to elder, then the scene in the trailer must be of an dog that dies from an illness, although I pretty much doubt it. At first I was hopeful the scene was an Easter Egg of alien abductions to come, but when I ran through the trailer again, I hit the pause button to get a better look. Grimmie is seen on the right of the screen and I think the dog floats upward into the streams of colorful light . . . Check it out, it's an awesome trailer.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DizzTheRedDizzTheRed Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2011
    I think the confusion lies in CAS (pet) you can't create a baby (cat, horse or dog) only adult & elders... but they can have babies, who will grow up... and I've read that pets will ONLY die of old age, so definitely they can become elders
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Narcissa wrote:

LittleV wrote:

I don't trust wikipedia when it comes to unreleased games (some people add even the rumours in). Also, there's that warning above the pages in simswiki when the article is either outdated or inaccurate or whatever. I do trust it/believe it a lot, though. If you're smart enough to tell so and so apart, then it's an amazing website all teachers seem to hate for homework. Besides, when random people do add something everyone knows is rubbish, it's usually changed back by another member within the span of a few hours.