Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Handicaped Sims?

LoopLoop Posts: 21 New Member
Why are there no Handicaped Sims?
I am curious about the lac of Height control, but
I think a blind or deaf sim, or a sim in a wheelchair could be a interesting challenge to play.
this could be a good thing and even a way to introduce Dogs in the game as Seeing eye dogs.

Comments

• Six_by_NineSix_by_Nine Posts: 797 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That would be cool. I remember one Simmer was upset over there being no wheelchair because he's handicapped and can't make a simself without it. :( Kinda sad...
  • to0tsto0ts Posts: 147 New Member
    edited July 2009
    oh god... a Sim in a wheelchair is one thing, but a deaf and/or blind Sim is just taking it a bit far. :roll:
  • thisisediethisisedie Posts: 177 New Member
    edited July 2009
    to0ts wrote:
    oh god... a Sim in a wheelchair is one thing, but a deaf and/or blind Sim is just taking it a bit far. :roll:

Why is it taking it a bit far?
  • DustinHall13DustinHall13 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ya, I think there should be sims like that. It's like discrimination without them, they have sims that are different races, but none that have disabilities. What I would like to see introduced are like walkers and canes for the elderly, on the "Elder" button on create a sim, it shows a walker with them, but now walker? lol, jk, but it would be neat
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hahaha. I wonder what the sims with the "mean spirited or evil traits" would say to those peeps. The whole handicapped idea, seems... fair to those who are.. But I personally wouldn't make a handicapped sim. Yeah it may add the challenges but I'd like it if my sims just stayed to what they can do already.
  • teoSimmer3teoSimmer3 Posts: 317 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This is one of the worst ideas I ever seen, along with drugs, crimes and alcohol.
    I don't want to imagine wha the sims would be if you were the producers. :roll:
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Not to mention, if you're handicapped theres obviously something wrong. Meaning, i'd think that they could then enable some diseases or sicknesses. But yea that'd be awesome to have seeing eye dogs.
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited July 2009
    I created a story about a family with a child with high functioning autism. Some of the sim traits lean towards mild disabilities such as ADHD, Asperger Syndrome etc.

I have Asperger Syndrome myself and have also done work with children with autism. I would like to see special needs in the game if it was done tastefully and these sims were treated as valued members of Sunset Valley.

As far as sad and disturbing, sims dying in fires is a lot more sad and disturbing and IMO offensive. I have a close friend who lost half her family that way in real life.
  • LoopLoop Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    teoSimmer3 wrote:
    This is one of the worst ideas I ever seen, along with drugs, crimes and alcohol.

Well there would be handicapped sims in the game if I were a producer and this thread would not be here so you could show your smug, What is wrong with the idea of a sim who was blind? not all sims or people are perfect examples of physical beauty blessed with all the 5 senses.

but on another train of thought, and not related to my reply to the troll,
    Clubs for the sims would be awesome, a fraternal order for the men. a ladies tea and garden club, a car club, and a baseball club, I am just not fond of soccer and all.
  • 7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't help but feel that it would be very easily insensitive.
  • julieexannjulieexann Posts: 704 New Member
    edited July 2009
    teoSimmer3 wrote:

There's no need to be rude. I feel like handicapped Sims would be a good idea, but I also agree that it would have to be done tastefully so none would get offended. I think wheelchairs, deafness, blindness, you know, basic disabilities should at least be included.
  • MJ902008MJ902008 Posts: 818 New Member
    edited July 2009
    how could you have a blind sim??? cause trying to control it would be pointless. someone would probably make a mod but i don't think ea would ever introduce handicaps because there are too many to include and if they include paralyzed sims but not deaf then people would complain and vice versa
  • DaehloenaDaehloena Posts: 166 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm curious why people want handicaps and more realistic traits included in the game, yet swamp the forums with posts about beautiful sims and admit they won't play ugly or elder sims because they're not visually appealing. This isn't directed at the original poster but to squealers who get excited by every RL suggestion.

An intersting idea, but imagine how the game would have to interpret handicaps to include it? It would invariably offend somebody, so it's better left alone.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would personally not like it if this sort of thing was included in the game. This game is basically used to get away from reality in creating your personal own world. If you want uptmost realism then turn your computer off and go outside.
  • hokeypokeyhokeypokey Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :D I think those are pretty good ideas. Some people may be offended by it but I really think that kind of thing would be cool on the Sims. I do think we need pets on the game though because I just adore animals! :P
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited July 2009
    As I said before, I am disturbed by sims burning to death in the game. I find that graphic and offensive.

At least sims with disabilities would be living out their lives and working to reach their full potential, not six feet under.

I don't understand how someone can be offended by disability, yet find things like burning to death and drowning acceptable.
  • iJaiiJai Posts: 411 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm glad there isn't. Take that as insensitive, offensive, whatever, but I'm glad the Sims isn't real life. I enjoy playing a game. I wouldn't enjoy playing a life simulator. It's not a handicap thing, there are millions of things/issues that I'm glad are not in the Sims. I'm sorry for those of you outraged, offended, and/or find it morally objectionable certain real life concepts are purposely left out of the game, but realize the Sims is not real life, please stop trying to make it so.
  • pikajohnpikajohn Posts: 2,580 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If they do that they can easily offend someone without knowing;

The situation is too racy, it is better to just not have diabilities in the game at all.

However, the hight scale should be added.
  • KatcarcatKatcarcat Posts: 300 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I say they should include everything, blind, deaf, wheelchairs, whatever. If a person doesnt want it in the game, just dont use the options.

And can teens get pregnant? I havent tried it yet, but I hope they can, mainly because it would be a neat challenge, a bit more realistic.
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited July 2009
    to0ts wrote:

Just curious but how is that taking it to far? Try telling that to a person who has to live being blind or deaf all their life... I don't see how you could just roll your eyes... :?
  • pikajohnpikajohn Posts: 2,580 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Katcarcat wrote:
    I say they should include everything, blind, deaf, wheelchairs, whatever. If a person doesnt want it in the game, just dont use the options.

And can teens get pregnant? I havent tried it yet, but I hope they can, mainly because it would be a neat challenge, a bit more realistic.

Teens can't woohoo/try for baby.

So no.

Although, if you look on http://www.modthesims.info there is a hack you can get that allows teen marrige, woohoo, and pregnancies.
    edited July 2009
    Katcarcat wrote:

Teens cannot marry, or woohoo unless you download a mod from ModtheSims.
  • KatcarcatKatcarcat Posts: 300 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thank you pikka and simmie :)
    edited July 2009
    No problem, but Modthesims, is well worth you checking it out! That site makes this game alot better! :mrgreen:
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2009
    Kat you clearly have no idea how many handycaps/disabilities are out there so theres no way that would be possibe and on top of that there would be no tateful way to package such a thing .
    It would end up offending many more than it would please and i highly doubt enough people would buy it to make it worth the production cost
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top