Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

they cant walk thorugh doors automatically!!

one of the things says'let thorugh' on the notebook!

Comments

• Options
    TastyLumpia4077TastyLumpia4077 Posts: 734 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully that's only for letting them in and out of the house. It'd be annoying if they couldn't walk around within the house.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2011
    That might just refer to the front and back doors to stop pets wandering around the town as they see fit. Kind of like how IRL you let your dog out when it needs the bathroom.
  • Options
    cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited July 2011
    They should make pet doors!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    They might have made pet doors. We don't know yet but a responsible owner still locks said pet door to stop their animals escaping and running amock.
  • Options
    lesleymarielesleymarie Posts: 129 New Member
    edited July 2011
    That wouldnt make sense, since we are supposed to be able to control them like sims, and make them have adventures and run around town.
  • Options
    hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I honestly don't mind, and I am not going to start a fight about it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    That wouldnt make sense, since we are supposed to be able to control them like sims, and make them have adventures and run around town.

Yeah but it wouldn't be realistic if a pet could just open a normal sim door. That might be what the 'let out' interaction is for, if there is one.

Eh I don't know to be honest, it was just an idea. Like the OP says I hope that pets don't become trapped in a room like how toddlers become trapped outside if they are confronted with stairs leading up to the house.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2011
    I really hope that pets will be able to use stairs. Otherwise how will they move from level to level? Be carried by Sims? No fun...
  • Options
    Axlorg89Axlorg89 Posts: 884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    lol there should be a option tht u can lock the door and if a robber comes!! they can use the pet door or get stuck and maybe if theres an elite robber it can hack the alarms from behind! OH AND I HAVE A QUESTION if ur a robber do u still get robbed?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nighteyes wrote:
    I really hope that pets will be able to use stairs. Otherwise how will they move from level to level? Be carried by Sims? No fun...
    I agree! My hotel just HAS to have pets. It just wouldn't be complete without the friendly stray mutt, Oscar.
  • Options
    gogirl1998gogirl1998 Posts: 975 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Nighteyes wrote:

ouch i hadnt thought of that. it is annoying with the toddlers and the stairs.
  • Options
    simfreak103simfreak103 Posts: 4,735 New Member
    edited July 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    This! That would be so cute!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    This! That would be so cute!
    Yes. Pet doors. They should also make the pets be able to run away if they are outside alone. (But not too often, that would be annoying.) To increase the chance of your pet coming pack, pay some sim money to have a collar with your address and the pet's name. (But you can't read it because it's in Simlish.)
  • Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2011
    @hollynoel. I love the collar idea!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Yes, robbers can be robbed :) there is no honour among theives.

I'm sure pets will be able to use stairs, they could in TS2
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited August 2011
    Nighteyes wrote:

It would be good also if pets could be taken into an elevator by they're owners! :)
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Dont tell EA that!
  • Options
    Flicca94Flicca94 Posts: 88
    edited August 2011
    I like the fact that they can't do it, if I am being honest here. I have two Siberian Huskies, and I keep them in an outdoor cage. I want to build a cage outside, make a door, put the dogs in and ''lock'' the door from pets ;)
  • Options
    JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Anthono wrote:
    Dont tell EA that!
    EA Games! Screw up everything!