Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will your homes look like for pets???

If you plan on building a new home, or perhaps a stable for the horses show some pictures!This is a new thread that no one seems to talk about. A million threads for the same topic so I thought something new would be nice :wink: If you have any idea post pictures or just talk about it :] I'm sure people would really love to have ideas about what they should build or download the stuff you might make!

Comments

• XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited July 2011
    Oh yea to get you started this is what I built for pets!
    This is an overview of a ranch for the new town in pets!
    OverviewofEquusRanch.jpg

• ashleyadorableashleyadorable Posts: 7,254 Member
    edited July 2011
    Cool! I'll probably just have a big backyard. I haven't really built a home for pets, though..
    edited July 2011
    Hey that's cool still! A bigger backyard always makes a difference. :wink:

edited August 2011
    bump!
  • Rubys13Rubys13 Posts: 2,897 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Mine will probably have Large backyard and a little house off to the side for the pets to sleep in or something :L
    Not really thought about it yet.
    Nice Ranch Though It looks really cool!
    edited August 2011
    Hey thanks! I thought it would cool to know what other people want to do instead of all these repeat threads. :) I'm excited to hear about everyone's ideas!
  • Rubys13Rubys13 Posts: 2,897 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Your Welcome ;]
    It would be nice to get ideas for a house i guess ;]
    Werewolf Vs Unicorn debate is driving me mad i was glad it was not another topic about it :|
  • Angelface52Angelface52 Posts: 164 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Ah yes! I actually downloaded that lot you made and it looks fantastic! It's going to be the home of my wealthy horse owning family once the game comes out. But, I'm brainstorming a house for a certain sim right now and figuring out her story. Again, I love that ranch!
    edited August 2011
    Yea! I'm trying to get other ideas for other homes and I hope other people get it too!

I know its really annoying rofl but I managed to laugh about it anyway.

I should probably post more pictures or make a new home for maybe just dogs or something. I just wish I had a doghouse or something to make it look like it :)

edited August 2011
    Ah yes! I actually downloaded that lot you made and it looks fantastic! It's going to be the home of my wealthy horse owning family once the game comes out. But, I'm brainstorming a house for a certain sim right now and figuring out her story. Again, I love that ranch!

Good you should show us when your done :D Yeah I did took me three days of staying up late and trying to detail every little thing to make it a modern home for sim players to do what they want:)
    Thanks! Its so hard to find a lot of people who actually make ranches, and even harder to find nice ones so I made one!
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2011
    well i don't have any pics just ideas. I love the idea of horses. Since in RL my parents would never let me have a horse. And when I grew up living in apts. was no place for a horse as well. So my sims will have at least 2 horses, probably with some form of stable area, with grazeing area. Probably have at least 1 dog and 1 cat as well. Maybe a bird, or some other type of small creature depending on the abilitys they might have.

As of yet when i look at homes I try to just imagine where they might have enough room to stable horses.

I even like the idea of training dogs to find things and the magical unicorn that will spawn at times. I like the idea of going through the areas and running into deers skunks etc. I just hope that the sims are like surprised at seeing them, not just o there is a deer will just keep on jogging or walking or running to where i was going to begin with.

I worry though about the lag it might cause. So looking and saving for a new comp that will have less problems with the game.
    edited August 2011
    That's great you don't have to have pics! :)

oh yea I know what you mean where I live is not horse property either.

Well I hope this helps this is my lot link

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4386402

pets is going to be great! :) the random spawners sound good. It would be nice if they were a little surprised xD
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2011
    I want to build a horse ranch, stables and horse show arena. I will upgrade my current sims homes to accomodate their new pets when I get the EP of course. I want to build a pet shop too
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have a nice 60x60 lot just waiting for Pets.
  • Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited August 2011
    Question: Will pets have pet slots in the household so it is like the max sims you can have is like 8 sims and 8 pets or will they add spaces that can be used for both? Or will it just be 8 sims total f :shock: rever?
  • KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2011
    For pets the first thing I will do is make my house and family. It's me, my mom, my dad, my uncle, my brother, and our three cats, Cookie, Abigail, and Len.
    edited August 2011
    I have a nice 60x60 lot just waiting for Pets.

you should show us pics! :)
  • JohanFoppaJohanFoppa Posts: 1,084 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Pandora189 wrote:
    Question: Will pets have pet slots in the household so it is like the max sims you can have is like 8 sims and 8 pets or will they add spaces that can be used for both? Or will it just be 8 sims total f :shock: rever?
    I'm guessing they will share slots, that's what they did in TS2 anyway
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited August 2011
    Mine probably won't change too much. There are already several lots with outbuildings, that could easily be converted to stables. That farm lot in Riverview (McDermott, I think, is the family there) already looks ready for a horse or two, with only some minor adjustments.

I also lifted several lots from WA and placed them in home worlds (I can't travel, but I can edit them, go figure), and many of them already have outbuildings. That big farm in France, I also have that in Riverview, and several of the Egypt lots in Barnacle Bay.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2011
    @XxAkiraXx1: Wouldn't it be better to wait with building a new home until you know what items we get?
    This space is for rent.
  • nightshadow1997nightshadow1997 Posts: 260
    edited August 2011
    Am sure we'll get some special doors for the stable or something. I'll have to do a deck, and a big yard with a side only for horses and the other for the dogs. Just a normal ranch style home.
    BTW Akira that house is beautiful!
  • FethreFethre Posts: 91
    edited August 2011
    I have worked on a nice lot for a horse savy sim. The property opens with a classic estate entrance and has three paddocks, stallion turnout, a warm-up ring, a riding arena, and a live-in barn (the home and barn area are separated by a breezeway). The five stall barn boasts hay storage, a tack/feed room, a washstall, a foaling stall and a full bath while the home is fully equipped for any horseperson to enjoy. There is even trailer turnaround! Room for flowers and landscaping, but I left it ready to be personalized. You could even plant grass in the arena and use it as a pasture. The warm up ring would suffice. Anywiggle, thought I'd share.

You should take a peak:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4420926

frontviews.png

equestriancentertopview.png
    edited August 2011
    Oh yea here this is the link to the lot I showed pictures of earlier :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4386402
    edited August 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    @XxAkiraXx1: Wouldn't it be better to wait with building a new home until you know what items we get?

You know what thats a great question, but if thats the case then I can always modify my lot to accommodate that. Actually, my intent was to give people ideas for there own buildings I mean we have a long while before it comes out we need something to do right? :)
    edited August 2011
    bump!