Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I get a blue screen when zooming in once in Edit In Game Mode PLEASE HELP! :(

Hey all,

it's my first time making a world and i thought it was all going wonderfully BUT i'd just placed all of my lots and following the online instructions i went into EDIT IN GAME to put things in and on my empty lots.
However, once i was in the Edit in Game mode i clicked on the lot that i wanted to edit and naturally it zoomed into the lot for me BUT as it got closer a blue wash came over the terrain and screen!
I tried rotating and zooming out and in again but as soon as i zoomed right out my world and lots looked normal but when i zoomed in again this blue wash came over my lot again!
It's very frustrating and i would love some help with what i may have done wrong or missed out somewhere along the line and i would appreciate any help you could give!
I just want to get my first ever world finished because it's soooo cooooll!

Anyway hope you can help

Love Maisie
xxx :(

Comments

• pixpumirapixpumira Posts: 1,788 Member
    edited July 2010
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!!
  • maisie_farmermaisie_farmer Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Omg it actually is though because i can't go any further with my world until i find out how to sort it :( x
  • EgmondvonSchitzelEgmondvonSchitzel Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Try setting the vision range some lower, worked for me :mrgreen:
  • JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2010
    Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?
  • Hell9997Hell9997 Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2010
    Try reading what type of error it is towards the top of the screen in capitals if you can. If it goes too quick, try taking a photo next time it comes up and post it on the forums. We'd be able to tell you what is wrong then :p
  • debralee1968debralee1968 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm having the same problem and it looks like this in game when you get closer to the lot you're trying to edit:

editingame.jpg

The closer you get to the lot the more the screen gets covered in blue.
  • MarianoPMarianoP Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2010
    I have the same problem!
    Is any solution for this?

It´s impossible to create the houses because the closer you get, more blue the screen turns. :cry::cry::cry:
  • debralee1968debralee1968 Posts: 232 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I’ve entered ‘Edit in Game’ again and am able to edit the lots without the blue screen coming up as I get closer to the lot. Very strange... it makes me wonder if it isn’t just a glitch. Guess I’ll find out for sure next time I go into ‘Edit in Game’. I hope it isn't something that comes and goes.
  • MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm having the same problem and tried almost everything

Updated graphic, uninstall/reinstall CAW, zoom out, zoom in, change angle and zoom out/in - nothing helps

so I really hope for a solution???
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited August 2011
    This method may or may not work, but it`s worth a try.
    When in CAW (before going into Edit in game), make sure your camera position is zoomed in right close to the ground (imagine a sim looking down at their feet). Now open Edit in Game. The camera position should already be zoomed in and might prevent the blue screen as you zoom in to a lot.
    edited August 2011
    Thank you very much for trying to help - but the advice didn't work for me.
    I think I have tried almost everything :(
    and nothing helps.... and I must admit that I am almost in tears right now ...

I even updated, bought TL and installed that, uninstalled the CAW program totally and started with at totally new installation with no saved worlds at all

I placed two small lots in Riverview lite world - and it looks like this, when I zoomed in on one of the lots:

screen52.jpg
  • AreyanAreyan Posts: 85
    edited August 2011
    I've had this problem since Late Night... :(

For me it works fine to do the following: Once in EIG I enter edit town mode, then from ETM I quit EIG and when I'm asked wether I want to save or not I save. Then when I'm back in CAW I just reenter EIG and the problem should be solved. This is all withouth ever exiting CAW just for the record.
    Although it's a bit tedious it works everytime for me. :)

I guess it's just a strange glitch that comes and goes, that can't be permanently fixed.
    edited August 2011
    thank you - I am going to try that...
  • PapaSmurf1PapaSmurf1 Posts: 497 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm not sure if this will solve it, but maybe you are just zooming in to far, and poking through the terrain.

So to solve this I just wouldn't zoom is as far, or find a different angle in which to zoom in that far.

Just a thought, hope that helps.
  • kmcekmce Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited August 2011
    mine was doing this last night but today when i went into it it was working fine
  • geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've never had that problem but I do now after I patched.
  • misteemilesmisteemiles Posts: 44
    edited August 2011
    It did that to me too but what you do is before you save zoom out zoom out until you see a blue screen start to cover you're world now zoom back in just until the blue isn't there anymore now edit in game, this worked for me :)
  • VanillaTwilight93VanillaTwilight93 Posts: 349 Member
    edited August 2011
    I had the same problem in edit in game, I just changed my graphics settings so I could see more stuff that was further away, ( not sure exactly what i changed i'll go check in a minute) and I havent had the blue screen since :mrgreen:
  • vestyrocksvestyrocks Posts: 6
    edited November 2011
    I have an idea as to what may be causing this problem. I looked at the pictures and I have the same prob too and I noticed that all the lots are next to water. I'm guessing it's some kind of glitch with the water, and if you make a lot further inland and try to build nothing will happen. I'm not sure if that's the problem though and I really hope this doesn't happen when I actually want to USE my world!! Just a guess... I've got no way to stop this from happening though srry :oops:
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited November 2011
    :D:D
    Hiya ,
    I've had this problem a few times and I have since discovered that this happens every time I had remove my game disc from the CD drive.

P.S I have no idea if this applies to people who downloaded there game from orgin.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited November 2011
    Johnnywr wrote:
    This method may or may not work, but it`s worth a try.
    When in CAW (before going into Edit in game), make sure your camera position is zoomed in right close to the ground (imagine a sim looking down at their feet). Now open Edit in Game. The camera position should already be zoomed in and might prevent the blue screen as you zoom in to a lot.

If you do what Johnnywe says it will not do that.
    I had the same problem on one world and that is what they said to do.
    I did it and all is well.
    Give it a try.