March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is the $25 towel nameless and has no description?

Does anyone else has the $25 towel included with Town Life under Decor > Miscellaneous Decor that for some reason is nameless and has no description at all? If I'm not the only one who has this? Then...why? Just call it "Towel Hanging on The Wall" and make the description "This is just a simple towel hanging on the wall...nothing else to say." instead of making it blank! Maybe it's just a mistake that went through the programmers before the game went out to print?

Comments

• SiljeLienSiljeLien Posts: 258 Member
    edited July 2011
    I haven't got TL yet, but I love reading the descriptions of stuff!! So that kinda sucks.
    Just keep simming. Just keep simming. Just keep simming, simming, simming. What do we do? We sim, sim.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yep, there is a 25.00 towel that simply states $25 - that's it, nothing else, no description, nothing. One for the bloopers page that escaped eh EA?
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    Jen said on Twitter that they are looking into the problem of no description. I'm sure there will probably be a patch for it eventually
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • joeyrpgerjoeyrpger Posts: 112 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Jen said on Twitter that they are looking into the problem of no description. I'm sure there will probably be a patch for it eventually

As soon as you said that I imagined Jenn angrily screaming at the people who were responsible for this. I don't know why, but I get this feeling that even though she was nice in the live web chat, she plays no games when it comes to being the producer for Town Life.
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:

As soon as you said that I imagined Jenn angrily screaming at the people who were responsible for this. I don't know why, but I get this feeling that even though she was nice in the live web chat, she plays no games when it comes to being the producer for Town Life.

I totally dropped some major f-bombs over this bug (but at the situation and not at people!). This is one of those bugs that simply does not make sense based on our investigations so far. It's going to take some work to find the cause and prevent it from happening again. Fortunately it doesn't break functionality but the poor 'Slightly Damp Towel' lost its name. :(

PS - Actually this old woman is a pretty hardcore gamer. I love the Sims since the original and also love MMOs, Action RPGs and RTS games (and more). I ran a Starcraft 2 tournament at work when it came out (we played at lunch and at night) but lost in the early rounds. Nothing worse than getting annihilated in your own tournament!
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited July 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:

I totally dropped some major f-bombs over this bug (but at the situation and not at people!). This is one of those bugs that simply does not make sense based on our investigations so far. It's going to take some work to find the cause and prevent it from happening again. Fortunately it doesn't break functionality but the poor 'Slightly Damp Towel' lost its name. :(

PS - Actually this old woman is a pretty hardcore gamer. I love the Sims since the original and also love MMOs, Action RPGs and RTS games (and more). I ran a Starcraft 2 tournament at work when it came out (we played at lunch and at night) but lost in the early rounds. Nothing worse than getting annihilated in your own tournament!
    :shock: Wow. She's on. Gotta say that is pretty cool that you are reading and responding to threads. That's good to see! Kudos! :D
  • joeyrpgerjoeyrpger Posts: 112 New Member
    edited July 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:

Well, I didn't mean it in that sense. When I said you play no games, I meant that when it comes to your work on being producer, you take it very seriously and won't settle for slacking off when work has to be done.
  • DandeelionDandeelion Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2011
    Town Life isn't out in the UK yet so just here having a nosy at pics of it and the hanging towel really appealed for some reason. I like all the new clutter bits you get with stuff packs. Poor nameless towel.

edit: That was probably the most pointles post I've ever done. Sorry :mrgreen: I just really like that towel..
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:
    joeyrpger wrote:

Well, I didn't mean it in that sense. When I said you play no games, I meant that when it comes to your work on being producer, you take it very seriously and won't settle for slacking off when work has to be done.

I was kind of joking when I posted about the gaming - it didn't come across well! [But, the entire team is very good about balancing very hard work with some play.]

On a more serious note: We can't always post about every issue that's happening (we may be investigating, the issue can't be reproduced, etc etc) but we really DO listen to feedback from lots of different sources.
  • pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    I knew Guru Jenn was cool :mrgreen:
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif
  • samsonkflaisamsonkflai Posts: 883 New Member
    edited July 2011
    yea i was wondering about why there was no description on it but hey i like it still. I remade AJV a bit with the gym stuff and it should say i like it.
  • ToliberaTolibera Posts: 1,366 Member
    edited July 2011
    Personally I like the mystery of the towel that bears no name.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2011
    relax, the towel works fine, looks fine, just someone missed a bit of typing - like sending a pic in email with no subject. It's funny and shows the EA team is human, but it isn't a f-bomb worth mistake LOL.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • sweetlittlecherrysweetlittlecherry Posts: 477 New Member
    edited July 2011
    relax, the towel works fine, looks fine, just someone missed a bit of typing - like sending a pic in email with no subject. It's funny and shows the EA team is human, but it isn't a f-bomb worth mistake LOL.

Yes, I totally agree! Now the photography bug on the other hand... :wink:
  • Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2011
    Guru Jenn is probably the kindest Guru we ever have, she is so in touch with us simmers :)
  • Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited July 2011
    When the pics of the items were released about a month ago, this item was the thing I was most excited for! It's just a simple towel rack...and I LOVE it! The towel racks from the base game are two small for bath towels, and the towel rack from the ultra lounge bathroom is to bulky. But this is just perfect!

Can anyone say if it can be moved up and down walls like paintings?
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for this thread...it's so funny how such a small item can cause me worry. :lol:

I love the towel and has a forever place in my families' gym rooms, that and the small grouping of gym bag and shoes...so that is very cool. :mrgreen:

I think the towel rack is up/down movable as all the others are.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.