Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supid Patch 24 wont work

IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
Hay guys
Iv downloaded this fricken thing 2 times and its rather big and its eating up all my gigs. Every time i download it finishes then starts patching then it sais Invalid File and tells me to try again latter. Well this is very FUNNY EA.! :thumbdown: gosh if somebody would help me please i would realy apreciate it. I dont have in CC btw.Thanks.

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2011
    IceBro wrote:
    Hay guys
    Iv downloaded this fricken thing 2 times and its rather big and its eating up all my gigs. Every time i download it finishes then starts patching then it sais Invalid File and tells me to try again latter. Well this is very FUNNY EA.! :thumbdown: gosh if somebody would help me please i would realy apreciate it. I dont have in CC btw.Thanks.

It could be a number of things that cause a error. I am thinking when it checks the files in your game a file could be corrupted, missing. Also somes mods, CC can cause it. I would save my gamefiles and try to reinstall the game try it to see if it helps or patch manually. I hope will be able to resolve your problem and enjoy your game. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited July 2011
    i also tought that but it is the download that is missing a file. And i cant unininstall, im creating a world. But town life is arriving the 29th in South Africa maybe that is it.?
  • AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited July 2011
    IceBro wrote:
    Hay guys
    I have exactly the same problem.And it sucks
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    IceBro wrote:
    Hay guys

We are looking into a solution for this issue and the technical discussions forum has a lot more information that may help you until then. Lots of Simmers are reporting that updating their EADM/Origin to the latest version fixes this problem.
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 1,167 New Member
    edited July 2011
    HA...thank you il try that cuz i realy dont want to uninstall my game
  • Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    edited July 2011
    It is stupid to complain if you do not check that origin is not up to date many people complaining are still trying to use the defunct download manager.
  • BudgiepadaBudgiepada Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2011
    The problem is EA (or Origin) didn't make it clear that there were TWO updates.....Origin and the game itself.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2011
    Snosrap522 wrote:
    It is stupid to complain if you do not check that origin is not up to date many people complaining are still trying to use the defunct download manager.

A lot of people do not know that and may be program and computer illiterate so in a sense it is not stupid. I do know when I use each of programs. Origins download manager, The Sims 3 launcher they should all tell you that there is a update available. Now the user is given the choice of canceling and I believe that can be one of the reasons for problems. I never cancel because I am program and computer literate and know how to get myself out of a jam. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2011
    My thought are that the problems are due to one or more of the following:

Failure to update Origin first.
    CC and/or Mods not being removed prior to patching.
    Firewall blocking a needed port.
    Driver for network adapter being out of date.
    Proxy configuration incorrect.

Since for me (also computer literate) I miscalculated the impending thunder storm and lost connection due to having a satellite ISP mid patch download. I paused but did not exit the downloader, waited for my connection to come back online, resumed, went shopping (large DL so had to waste a good hour) came home to find it had patched perfectly.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.