Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Praise the Sim Gods! Patch is working!

124...Next

Comments

• yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2011
    Repair permissions with Disk Utility can help! :)

it's not a good idea to apply US update if DVD autorisations are european! I think this destroy my game the last time!
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • tomkemp4tomkemp4 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2011
    I ran Sins3:Generations again this morning and the patch has worked.

Played the game for a while - all seems OK. Great moment - the Maid and both Sims all skinny dipping in the Hot Tub :shock:

Now to try installing the new Stuff Pack. Fingers crossed :wink:

Edit - the Town Life Stuff pack installed successfully but it doesn't run. Unknown error occurred. Well done EA - so now the original game is stuffed as well. Lucky I took a backup :wink:

Edit - Spoke too soon. It stuffed the backup as well - so now I can't play :cry:

Edit - Yet another update. I looked in my Documents folder. In there you find a folder for EA and then Sims3. In that is a folder called Mods. This contains the non-standard changes you have made. Not the clothes from the online Store, but alterations to the game. In my case, it has a fix to stop the Sims going fuzzy when they take their clothes off (come on, we are adults and they are only computer avatars FFS) and a fix to prevent the Intro from playing (the aerial view of your town).

I removed this Mods folder temporarily after I had patched and installed the Town Life stuff pack. The game loaded up and ran successfully - with an intro movie and the Sims all fuzzy in the Hot Tub. I put back the Mods folder with just the non-fuzzy fix. It loaded (with intro) and ran again. Non-fuzzy Sims.

I put back the other fix to remove the intro and it now runs correctly - non-fuzzy Sims and no intro.

Of course, I closed down the game whilst adding the files back.

Now to see if it is still stable running it for a longer time.

Hope that helps :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, I guess some problems have been solved. But some defiantly have not. Neither the problem with the camera and the person taking the picture and freezing is not solved nor the problem that causes screenshot to not be saved have been solved. Those were the two major problems I wanted to be solved. Fail.
  • SnowyDoveSnowyDove Posts: 46
    edited July 2011
    What is the region number for the USA?

Good question, did anyone answer this one yet? I updated mine but I have a few strange glitches with it, like people with their arms going through themselves and I punished a pabarazzi and she went into another dimension. She was invisible but kept on yelling until I reset her. No one could talk to her either. And recently the game froze. :? :?:
  • tomkemp4tomkemp4 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2011
    My guess is that the region codes for The Sims3 are the same as for DVDs - which gives us Region1 for USA and Region2 for Europe. Not sure why Region17 is used for those who download the game, apart from the fact that I think everyone gets the same download version wherever they are, assuming they want the game in English of course.

Hope that helps - and hope it is correct :wink:
  • DinamightDinamight Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2011
    mellysue wrote:
    Dinamight wrote:
    mellysue wrote:
    Dinamight wrote:
    Uh oh. I downloaded from the links. My game hasn't exploded yet, but is there a way to undo this?

Well, I had downloaded from the link as well, and when simGuruJane (I think?) posted, I uninstalled my game asap. If that isn't an option for you (saved games, CC, etc) then I cannot help you. But if losing save data (unless you can back it up, but I don't know how :/ ) isn't an issue for you, I would uninstall your game if I were you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I haven't seen any problems yet but I'll uninstall it.

Well, I mean you don't have to, I did just because I thought it was best for me. If you have no problems, I'd say more power to you if you want to keep it. (:

It's okay :) I actually haven't uninstalled yet so don't worry. I think I know a way to keep all the saves and CC (make a copy of the Mods, Saves and Downloads folders) in case my game nukes itself.
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi! Patch is working for me! downloaded with my launcher today and the game is …cool! Memory works :D I need to send a Sims in travel …
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4