Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town Life Stuff..... Not in the game?

Am I the only one that can't get town life to work?
Have all the add ons but Late Night, everything was and still is working just fine, never had an issue with any of them. Bought Town Life Stuff today, installed it and nothing, it is like it isn't even there. Nothing changed in town no offers to place new venues etc. I'm no computer whiz but this is wierd. My Hubby also loves the games so we have 2 copies of every game and his did the exact same on his computer. What am I missing or done wrong.
Thanks in advance
Nicky. :cry:

Comments

• Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Hmm.... that's weird. Maybe restart your computer?
  • joeyrpgerjoeyrpger Posts: 112 New Member
    edited July 2011
    You actually have to go to Edit Town in the options menu and use the various options over there to put in the lots. The game won't actually prompt you to put in the new venues on start-up after installation.

EDIT: Quick Tip - When you know what you are going to place and know what lot you want to put it in. Click the icon on the empty lot and change the lot type to whatever you are going to place there. For example, if you are going to place the new park that comes with Town Life. Change the lot type to Community Lot > Small Park, and you will be able to place the park there.
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    joeyrpger wrote:
    You actually have to go to Edit Town in the options menu and use the various options over there to put in the lots. The game won't actually prompt you to put in the new venues on start-up after installation.

EDIT: Quick Tip - When you know what you are going to place and know what lot you want to put it in. Click the icon on the empty lot and change the lot type to whatever you are going to place there. For example, if you are going to place the new park that comes with Town Life. Change the lot type to Community Lot > Small Park, and you will be able to place the park there.

The objects are also available in Build/Buy Modes and you can filter to show only The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff items. This allows you to decorate your own lots with the new goodies! The new clothing will appear at top when you're in the correct category while in Create A Sim.
  • Scary69Scary69 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Have all the add ons but Late Night, everything was and still is working just fine, never had an issue with any of them. Bought Town Life Stuff today, installed it and nothing, it is like it isn't even there. Nothing changed in town no offers to place new venues etc. I'm no computer whiz but this is wierd. My Hubby also loves the games so we have 2 copies of every game and his did the exact same on his computer. What am I missing or done wrong.
    Thanks in advance

I am having this same issue, since I installed Town life it won't recognize my Generations pack so no items are showing now even store items. :x
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2011
    Scary69 wrote:
    Thanks in advance

I am having this same issue, since I installed Town life it won't recognize my Generations pack so no items are showing now even store items. :x

That is odd. You should go to the Tech forum, and see if they can help you out there.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2011
    Try clearing your cache files, and be prepared to redownload your store content if need be. If you had any 3rd party custom content installed, something could've gone haywire while installing Town Life. But you probably wont have to reinstall the game. Just start with clearing your cache files.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited July 2011
    You are aware that this is a Stuff Pack, and not an Expansion pack, right? Stuff Packs generally don't come with tutorials or prompts related to any of the new content, since it's just stuff. You should be able to find the lots in Edit Town mode under Community Lots. The other items will be in Buy/Build mode. The hairstyles and clothes will be in CAS, or when you use a dresser to plan an outfit for a Sim.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • BL0ODBR0TH3RSBL0ODBR0TH3RS Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you everone so much for all your support on this, I have it up and running now. You all were very kind to take the time.
    Nicky :D