Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canvas: Finale Scores Posted!!!!! Page 52

Comments

• Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Assignment8-1.png

Graffiti can be beautiful, depending on how it is done. V wanted to show her support for gay marriage. She contemplated ways to do it. Eventually she chose to tag LOVE on the wall of the community garden. She hoped it would spread the love she felt in her heart.

I'm sorry for the rushed entry :( But I'm going to be unavailable till Saturday so tonight was my last chance. Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see your entries when I get back.
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Love it fishy! ^_^
  • Options
    Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited July 2011
    very cool pics guys!
  • Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited July 2011
    OK im gonna turn in. i kept going back and forth with the picture but ive kinda run out of time that i could fix it if i wanted to so imma just turn it in and hope for the best xD Beware, i wrote a short story to go with the picture! xD

-Burn-

He drove through the night searching for the right house. It has to be nice, and well kept. Beautiful but simple. He wanted a house that looked as if it was loved by its owners. He didnt care if people were inside, he just wanted to see it burn. The destruction of something so innocent and beautiful always gave him that euphoric state of mind that he so desperately searched for. He was a sick man. He needed to see flames.

Finally he came across his perfect homestead at dusk. He decided to park about a quarter of a mile away and scope out the area. It was surrounded by huge trees, perfect for catching fire along with the house. He wanted the gorgeous fire to spread to the trees and throughout the forest. He wanted the whole world to catch fire and to have the satisfaction of knowing he caused it.

After scoping the area he strode back to his car to grab his tools of destruction; a gas can and his lighter. When he got to the house he tried the front door. Surprisingly it was open. There was a car in the front yard so he knew someone was home. People are to trusting these days, he thought to himself as he dowsed the living room and dining room with gasoline. He dared not venture through the home in fear of getting caught. He drenched the only exit from the home in fire so the person inside couldnt escape. He wanted to hear screams of horror. He set the front door on fire and ran a distance away to watch his work. The house went up in flames almost instantly. Im getting good at this, he thought to himself with a small smirk spreading across his lips. Then about three minutes into the burning thats when he first heard it. The scream. The beautiful scream of pure terror. His smirk grew wider as he was overcome with that euphoria he has been searching for. His hunger was satiated....for now.

Screenshot-650-1.jpg

*note i know its a little dark in lighting, but its suppose to be nighttime so yeah.. xD*
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited July 2011
    Okay Sorry I realize I dont think I ever posted a due date. I'm going out of town on the 5th or 6th. I've been working overtime sooo very sorry I haven't been able to really check in. I guess we will just kind of wing this one and I will try to get them scored as soon as they are all in. :)
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2011
    I really hate doing this this close to the end, but I'm going to have to drop. I recently had something come up, and I just don't have time for everything that I used to. I'm really sorry. I've really enjoyed this comp, and I wish you guys the best of luck. :(
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aaww I'm very sorry to hear that. If youwant to continue I can give you more time.
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited July 2011
    awww chel im gonna miss lookin forward to your pics! they have been wonderful and made me work extra hard, both you and simanims xD you are an amazing artist and i hope whatever came up wont be to bad to deal with *hug* its been great competing with you :3
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OH wow
    Looks like that's everyone then D:

Just a question then... do you guys want a 2 or 3 way finale?
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'll get scoring!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    3 way final ^_^
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think I will do a three way finale and require two pics... You guys will have plenty of time to get them done trust me ;)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    BTW Do you guys just want to send scores on unbound?
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    want
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    the
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    First
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    The
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CanvasFinaleTitle.jpg

Welcome to the Canvas Finale!! Don't worry I will be posting scores to the last assignment eventually. I will be posting more info on this with some example pictures for the abstract/surreal, but wanted to go ahead and get this moving so you can start getting ideas. Congrats on making it to the finale! You all have worked extremely hard in this competition, including those who are no longer in it.

FinalArtists.jpg
    CanvasFinaleAssignments.jpg

Surrealism/Abstract Examples:

aestrange.jpg

surreal-photo-manipulation-1.jpg

deciduous-man.jpg

jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Scores for last assignment:

Simanims

JK

Creativity: 30
    Relevance: 28
    Quality/Composition: 30
    Total: 88
    Comments: You never cease to amaze! This pic has a coolness too it and a fresh feeling... I think what really helps it is that almost everything is cool whites and grays until you get to the bottom and the green is so subtly taking over. The camera angle and composition is wonderful, however it looks more like a newspaper photo than something you would see framed as a piece of art. You've done a great job with all the little details as usual, from the little buckets and tools to the posing.

Early

Creativity 30/30 pts
    Relevance to assignment 30/30 pts
    Quality/composition 30/30 pts
    Total possible from each judge 90/90 pts
    My oh my, this is beautiful. I was seriously trying to find something I didn't like about this entry, but I couldn't.
    Your idea is so creative, and I'm glad you didn't go with your regular graffiti picture, or something showing anger.
    Everyones poses and positioning is perfect, and I love all the props. This is seriously awesome I feel bad I can't give you any critque, but I just think this is too lovely

Bina

Creativity 30/30
    Relevance to assignment 30/30
    Quality/composition 30/30
    90/90

Wow Nims, I seriously loved your take on vandalism, so unique and I wouldn't of thought of it. It's very detailed and the placement of things is awesome. I really don't have much to say about this pic in terms of what you could work on, It's awesome =O. Excellent job!

FishGirl

JKA

Creativity: 29
    Relevance: 30
    Quality/Composition:28
    Total: 87
    Comments: OoooOOOooooo Lighting, lighting, lighting! I really think the lighting is one of my favorite parts of this pic. It kind of draws your eyes up to the focal point. I also love the colors. The composition of this pic makes me think of one of those kind of hipster/indie pics you'd see on flikr or photobucket... Less like a modeling pic which is what I've been looking for. Two tiny issues: Those spotlots and the flower beds. I know the spotlights werei mportant for the lighting... wish they could be made invisible because the lighting they give is one of a kind, but they just dont really fit. I also think the flower bed outlines are a tad distracting. I think if you wanted some detail on the ground a little stone path through the middle leading to the girl might have been a cute touch.. give it a lil more natural feel. Otherwise I was really diggin this entry!

Early

Creativity 27/30 pts
    Relevance to assignment 30/30 pts
    Quality/composition 28/30 pts
    Total possible from each judge 85/90 pts
    I *love* this. I love this entry so much because gay marriage is something I support so strongly, and you really showed it in a beautiful way. I know it CAN be a graffiti picture, but I was really expecting something more creative. However I know you had to rush.
    The location is quite interesting, but I'm not sure I like it. Maybe somewhere more public?
    However I LOVE how it looks like she's holding the spray paint can, her pose is perfect! Great job

Bina

Creativity 29.5/30
    Relevance to assignment 30/30
    Quality/composition 29/30
    Total 88.5/90

Oh this was very creative ^_^. I loved this photo, the colourful outfit was eye-catching which I liked, and the garden looked great, but I wouldn't of known it was a garden right off the bat. I think this is an awesome entry, Great Work!

Kelle

JKA

Creativity: 29
    Relevance: 30
    Quality/Composition: 28
    Total: 87
    Comments: OH YES THIS Is what I wanted to see. Some UGLY RAGE! lol. What I like about this also is that it looks like a still in the movie. I could see the camera just panning from one side to the other with some ominous music playing. I like the darkness and the fire contrasting. THe main thing that is kind of breaking this pic for me is the house. There are like..3 different patterns on the house, and I really think there should just be like.. one pattern like a siding or at the most two. Sounds a little nit-picky, but I think it would solidify the picture and focus your attention more on the chaos you see inside the windows. I think in this case the darkness is a plus. Vandalism isn't usually a bright and pretty thing.

Early

Creativity 28/30 pts
    Relevance to assignment 29/30 pts
    Quality/composition 28/30 pts
    Total possible from each judge 85/90 pts
    Very interesting take on this assignment. I've never thought of this as vandalism! The angle is too great, and the gasoline container right by him really completes it.
    I was not fond of the lighting. I also thought it needed to be a little bit lighter. Maybe some of the outdoor floor lights would have helped.
    Your story along with it is just fantasic. I really do like this picture, well done.

Bina

Creativity 29/30
    Relevance to assignment 29.5/30
    Quality/composition 28/30
    Total 86.5/90

Kelle this is a very unique shot. Unfortunately, it's a bit too dark, I understand it's night but it puts a bit of strain on the old eyes with the bright fire hehe. If it was a bit lighter it would be easier to see the little details you put into the shot. I love the lady inside the house screaming haha, but I wish your model was doing more than just standing. Overall this was a very good shot *O*.

Very sorry they aren't like.. formatted or have pics or anything. REALLY need to sleep sometime today lol. I didn't even bother totaling since you're all in the finale and did awesome jobs!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Simanims wrote:
    surrealism

When researching surrealism I found many artists use juxtaposition, so I settled on the sky and the sea. Even though they are about as separate as you can get they work together through water and this is what I wanted to portray ^_^

canvasfinal1.jpg

cover

You featured this as an example pic for illustration and I really liked it so I choose it as my picture to cover 8)

The Lady of Shalott by John Williams Waterhouse.

canvasfinal2.jpg

FishGirl4 wrote:
    'The Whistler's Daughter'

Assignment9-1.png"width=600"

Based off of 'The Whistler's Mother'

I'll have the other part in within the next few days.

I had some fun with this one. I figured it was the chance to do something out of the ordinary.

Abstract:
    Assignment10-1.png"width=600"

The reason it took me so long to get this in was school. This is my last competition, and after the finals end I'll be leaving the community for good or at least a year. I just wanted to thank JK for having this amazing competition it really changed how I did simotography. Everyone in this competition was fantastic and I was honored to compete with you all.

KelleD014 wrote:
    ok here is one of mine, im struggling pretty hardcore with the cover art one. i just cant think of anything xD sorry for holding everyone up!

-Abstract- abstractviolin2.png

here is my cover art picture, a friend helped me come up with this idea, i was totally stumped at what to do, so thanks darian lol

here is the original painting...

frag_stol.jpg

and here is my cover of it

nightclubkiss-2.jpg

Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ooooo awesome assignments ^_^ can't wait to go try some ideas in game x)
  • Options
    SpychipSpychip Posts: 804
    edited July 2011
    Can't wait to see entries!! :D
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Working on scores. Should have them sent in a few hours :)