Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canvas: Finale Scores Posted!!!!! Page 52

Comments

• Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    no PK! aww I don't mind waiting :( You're pics have been really amazing ^_^
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2011
    Awe! PK if the problem is time I'm totally cool with waiting too.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited July 2011
    wow simanims that looks great!! (im toast xD)

its sad to see you go PK D:
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited July 2011
    PK I'm sorry.. Didn't mean to make you feel rushed or anything. Just trying to plan around work :( You can have the time if you need it
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to try and get a tonne of stuff done tonight, so either I'll have something in tonight or tomorrow.....but I really hate that I'm making people wait in every single comp I'm in so if you guys want to move on then thats ok.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hey hey, Scores sent. Great Job everyone. (and kels please still love me :3)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Toblie wrote:
    Hey hey, Scores sent. Great Job everyone. (and kels please still love me :3)

oh no i dont like the tone of that D:

and i will always love you :3 (gimme your baby!)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Simanims wrote:
    I've found this assignment really difficult for some reason >.< But anyway this is what i've ended up with this after about 7 different ideas xD I was going to do loads of editing but in the end it didn't really need any :|

Heres the extract from "Through the looking glass" that I based my pic on :)
    How nice it would be if we could only get through into Looking-glass House! I'm sure it's got, oh! such beautiful things in it! Let's pretend there's a way of getting through into it, somehow, Let's pretend the glass has got all soft like gauze, so that we can get through. Why, it's turning into a sort of mist now, I declare! It'll be easy enough to get through — ' And certainly the glass was beginning to melt away, just like a bright silvery mist.
    In another moment Alice was through the glass.

lookingglass.jpg

DUDE! i just started reading this...book xD its a part in my big alice in wonderland book that a friend gave me recently. xD i was reading it and thinking to myself "through the looking glass, that sounds familiar" then i just started going thru the entries again and was like :O :O :O xD you did an awesome job simmy!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CanvasBanner2.jpg

Updated this to include pics!

Remember due to drops, no elims this round.

Simanims
    lookingglass.jpg
    JKA
    Creativity: 29
    Relevance: 30
    Quality/Composition: 28
    Total: 87
    Comments: Where did you get those tigerlillies? WANT. I love all the little details and the ripple effect you've placed on the mirror! marvelous touch! I feel like the picture is a little off balance, with most of the clutter to the right and not much to the left. Also I think I'd love to see a little more contrasting color, maybe like the orange in your fowers.

Toblie
    Creativity 30 pts =29
    Relevance to assignment 30 pts = 28
    Quality/composition 30 pts = 27
    Total possible from each judge 90 pts = 84

Wow really creative the subtle edit of the mirror rippling as she places her hand through is well thought out. Fantastic set and colouring. My only objection in the pic is the mirror image placing the invisible lighs near her would have lit up her face so we could see it better, and the misplaced dress distracts from the quality of the picture.

Total: 171

FishGirl
    assignment7.png
    JKA
    FishGirl4
    Creativity:29
    Relevance: 29
    Quality/Composition: 29
    Comments: You know I could see this in like a CD booklet! I like the composition of this, thought it does sorta feel more like a modeling shot, I still like it. The word perfect cut into her leg is a nice touch, and even though it doesn't look amazingly real... thats what I like about it. I wanted it to look like an illustration sorta. It fits in more with the art style of sims than realistic would have.

Toblie
    Creativity 30 pts = 26
    Quality/composition 30 pts = 28
    Total possible from each judge 90 pts = 82

What can I say this pic smacks you in the face as soon as you look at it. The positioning and angle are great also the lighting is well done. The only thing I have a problem with is the sticky notes on the wall, I get what you were going for but maybe the words beautiful and perfect could have been smeared on the wall in blood. And maybe instead of mags a razor or knife could have been there. But this is nit picking lol.
    That song always gives me a little tingle and watery eyes. Well done, even you went the dark side of the song.

Total: 169

Chellemh
    5942650181_0b9829959b_z.jpg
    JKA
    Creativity: 28
    Quality/Composition: 29
    Comments: How whimsical and cute! However jsut ever so slighly dark when I read the caption. Is she about to miss the handles? I love this! and the Shadowing and everything is brilliant! Like Cel, I adore her shoes! Wonderful pose! I'd almost want to see like the red and white striped circus tent and cheering crowds beneath, but I honestly think it would be too much. However I do wish there was some color and wow to her outfit. When I think of acrobats I think of sequins and bold colors. I think that would have really made the shot pop!

Toblie
    Creativity 30 pts =25
    Quality/composition 30 pts = 27
    Total possible from each judge 90 pts = 80

Although I don't like heavily edited pics this is well done, the shadow through the lights it excellent.
    My only thing is it's boring, well not boring, plain, she kinda disappears into the white lights because she is dressed in all white and has white blonde hair. I would have like to have seen her give a side way death defying smirk ya know the performances they give, smiling and waving at the crowd. And a little colour would have mad it great, bright red ribbons on her shoes. (I do love those shoes. Where did y get em?)

Total: 167

Kelle
    Screenshot-548-2.jpg
    JKA
    Creativity: 28
    Quality/Composition: 27
    Total: 85
    Comments: What I like about this pic is that it is starting to lean more towards the artwork aspect of this competition! (Which is why you got a perfect on relevance!) This was a VERY hard subject to capture, but I think a different angle with a better view of Juliet would have been great. A little more animation between the two, Juliet holding on to the edge of the balcony, riveted by Romeo's presence, etc etc. Alos just little things like Romeo's head has pretty much disappeared into the tree. I REALLY adore the coloring of the picture, and love how the tree is silouhetted against the sky, but I'd like to see less tree, more sky.

TOblie
    Creativity 30 pts = 23
    Quality/composition 30 pts = 23
    Total possible from each judge 90 pts = 74

The background colours of the setting sun are brilliant. Your set is nicely designed. Kells I love ya but (and I hate buts) the overall pic is blurry and I can hardly see your simmeh, I am sure you have her dressed beautifully but I can't see it and Romeo well he looks like he is scratching his crutch lol. I would have loved to see it from Romeos angle, like his hand up stretched as he looks at Juliet. You could have built the floor up to get romeo closer to do it. If ya get what I am saying.

Total: 159
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    CanvasBanner2.jpg

CanvasAssignment.jpg

This next assignment is (again) not what you typically consider art, and as far as I know not what you typically do in a comp. This pic doesn't require a sim if it is mostly done in game, but totally feel free to have one in there uuhh.. committing the act.

Assignment Eight: Vandalism

That's right. Basically the idea is that vandalism is the expression of an emotion (usually anger) and therefore art. PLEASE note that I am NOT just looking for another GRUNGE pic, and that vandalism includes more than just graffiti. (Not to say your entry can't include graffiti if it has a purpose) Research a bit before you do this :)

I know its not an easy assignment, but we're getting down to the last few!

CanvasExamples.jpg

Christo__Vandalism__Art__by_KeswickPinhead.jpg

Check out this article:
    http://www.lifenews.com/2011/04/26/pro-abortion-vandals-turn-pro-life-display-into-satanic-scene/

klt80w5k.jpg

379px-0710_-_Milano_-_Cagnola%2C_Tempietto_dei_Giardini_della_Guastalla_-_Foto_Giovanni_Dall%27Orto_5-May-2007.jpg

CanvasScores.jpg
    Creativity 30 pts
    Relevance to assignment 30 pts
    Quality/composition 30 pts
    Total possible from each judge 90 pts

CanvasJudges.jpg

Judges this round include:

JKAmaryllis
    [img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/sweetferocious/Sims 3/Simself.png "width=300"[/img]

SimsARL
    SimsARL

Cutebina
    large_ver845727.jpg

CanvasArtists.jpg

ArtistBoardBaseUpdate.jpg

-Chellemh

-FishGirl

-Kelle

-Simanims

CanvasAnnounce.jpg
    Here is the thing with the due date. I'm going to post it as Friday, the 29th. However, if you love me you'll try to get them in a little earlier so I can try to score as we go. I have like.. 6 nights of work ahead of me after that, mostly 12 hour shifts so it will be hard to score. Then either going on vacation or visiting my parents after that. Sooo basically if you need more time it will be a LOT more time xD
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    also reserved
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    :D
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited July 2011
    Awesome work you guys! :D This next assignment will be really challenging to pull off well. But it's an excellent chance to come up with some unique, creative, thought-provoking artwork. I can't wait to see the entries <3

Good luck everyone! :D:D:D
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Simians I just saw your picture :cry: It's so beautiful!

Thank you so much for the scores. Your suggestions were really good. I think I saved the .psd so I might add some of your suggestions.

I love the new assignment.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alright peeps, updated the posts to be prettier xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2011
    seen it
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wow thanks for the lovely comments, I can't believe we are down to 4 people! This next assignment is hard xD but I like a challenge :P
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Simanims wrote:
    Wow thanks for the lovely comments, I can't believe we are down to 4 people! This next assignment is hard xD but I like a challenge :P

I know! I'm not ready for it to be over!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited July 2011
    just wanted to stop by and say great pics last round and very cool assignment!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OK I thought I would be kind to you JK and get it done quickly ;)

Vandalism doesn't have to be unsightly or angry. Sometimes vandalism can be for beauty and trying to benefit the world. Guerrilla gardening is planting on private land sometimes in the middle of city where no plants are grown, sometimes done in secrecy at night. It has grown into a form of proactive activism to promote green areas and life.

vandal.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aawww awesome! <3
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    wow simanims that looks awesome! i love your take on it :3
  • Options