Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 2 site closing? Anyone still post there?

Before you get angry,there is no where here that's relevant to post this, so I'm posting it here. 8) 8) 8)

I have changed to playing TS3 ages ago and yesterday I played TS2 for the first time in months! So I went onto TS2 website to find that's it's closing! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Does anyone else still post there?
What do you think of it closing?

I'm actually quite sad as TS2 was the first sims game I played on the pc and before I switched over to TS3, I would post on that site every night more or less. :cry::cry::cry:

I guess things change and TS3 is the future. :oops: :wink: :-o :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited April 2011
    :-o omg that is sad. I dont play it anymore but its still pretty soon to close it :?
  • Options
    XDarkFrostXXDarkFrostX Posts: 789 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Wait WHAT?! It's CLOSING?! :cry::cry:
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited April 2011
    How do you know that it's closing?
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    cutepuppy101cutepuppy101 Posts: 2,006 New Member
    edited April 2011
    i knew the store closed on March 31, but i didn't think the site itself was closing so soon

• Options
    Zango11Zango11 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, it's closing. Currently the exchange, the store are closed.

The EA experts say it's closing and it takes forever to load, so the simmers over there have assumed it's coming to an end. :cry:

Edit: It hasn't been confirmed yet. It's not official but considering the above it looks like it's going to die. :?
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    :( That is so sad.
    They are soon going to close this site down too when this ts3 game gets old.

Either way I am still not giving my ts2 games up. xD

edit: typo >_>
  • Options
    HenryFlemingHenryFleming Posts: 104
    edited April 2011
    I never uploaded anything to there, and I posted on the BBS a few times, but it's sad to see it's going to end. I hope they don't take down all of the wonderful stories up. :cry:
  • Options
    cutepuppy101cutepuppy101 Posts: 2,006 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I really hope they don't close it. There's this one story I love on there called Return to Papa Says (it's the sequel to the Papa Says Series), and I still need to finish reading all of the chapters
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I really hope they don't close it. There's this one story I love on there called Return to Papa Says (it's the sequel to the Papa Says Series), and I still need to finish reading all of the chapters

I know, there are some great stories that I would have loved to finish reading :? Most people still can't access the exchange. I got into it yesterday but today it said Error.

I also thought this was too soon. Maybe it's just a bug and will be fixed soon? But probably not.
    A lot of simmers there are complaining that if the site does go, there's no TS2 topics here to talk about it, although I think if there were TS2 topics here, it would be way too confusing :?

• Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I went over there. Truth to be told, I think it's more a case of people getting a little too far ahead of themselves. From what I read, it seems to be a case of somebody told somebody else whom told somebody else that EA apparently "comfirmed" that the entire site is closing, whereas other sources say that it is in fact just the store.

I think everyone should at least wait until an official announcement before whinding themselves up...

There has yet to be any substantial proof that the site is closing. According to some members, some members of EA's customer service have apparently said it is indeed closing, while others are apparently saying it's just the store. I think people should just be patient. No point in running around like headless chickens without reason to..

Seems to be a lot of jumping to conclusions going on..and of course, us "Evil" sims 3 fans are apparently to blame. ¬_¬
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    @doodlesam Yeah, it's probably just a bug that's getting fixed. I think the reason everyone is panicking is because most people can't access the exchange either and the bbs takes ages to load and sometimes get error signs(well i did anyway.)

Apparently they can't upload sims and stuff and since some of their staff were saying it is closing, everyone is getting confused.

Anyway I probably posted this too early. Should have waited until it's official. I only went on it yesterday for the first in ages and everyone was panicking over there. :roll:
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited April 2011
    Zango11 wrote:

I guess things change and TS3 is the future. :oops: :wink: :-o :mrgreen:
    Yeah, and one day The Sims 3 website and forums will be closing as well.
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited April 2011
    I just came from there and I agree with doodlesam.
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    CassiiCassii Posts: 3,963 New Member
    edited April 2011
    To Be Honest I can see why it is sad for people who used it a lot. Personally for me it isn't sad. I played the sims 2 religiously, I never even thought to post on their website though. The sims 3 is way more website related, so I can see why the Sims 2 website would be shutting down. But a moments silence for the Sims 2 website please.
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited April 2011
    I personally don't understand the great rift that exists between Sims 2 and Sims 3 players, there seems to be a BIG "us versus them"mentality.

It seems like some people expected The Sims 2 to go on forever, and that EA would continue making Sims 2 EP's, I don't understand all of the arguing on both sides.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited April 2011
    That is sad if it is closing. I know some people still post over there.

Even though I played TS2 for years, I never once made an account or posted on the forums.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited April 2011
    Zango11 wrote:
    I also thought this was too soon. Maybe it's just a bug and will be fixed soon? But probably not.

That's right. They won't fix any of the bugs.

They didn't with their store. I really am angry that I spent money to purchase a couple of items on there and all I got were errors and then they closed it on me. Sorry, EA, but I'm not purchasing anymore Sim points ever. I don't care if the store is the best-kept part of this site (since you want all of the money you can possibly get)
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Hatbox wrote:
    I personally don't understand the great rift that exists between Sims 2 and Sims 3 players, there seems to be a BIG "us versus them"mentality.

It seems like some people expected The Sims 2 to go on forever, and that EA would continue making Sims 2 EP's, I don't understand all of the arguing on both sides.

Ikr.

I used to post over there, but I got tired of constantly being labeled as a traiter. My friend, well I use that term loosely, was also called some rather unpleasant names just for admitting that they play the Sims 3 as well as Sims 2.I really do not understand the rivalry, I see it mostly over at The Sims 2 BBS. From experiance, they seem to think that those who play the Sims 3 have some big grudge against them. Someone even said that they didn't want the two sites to merge, because they didn't want to be around us "unclean" Sims 3 players.

It's gotten *really* extreme, though it's luckily only a rivalry shared between a few select people, it's not as widespread a view as it used to be...

But my experiance definitly has put me off the BBS. Even though I do want to discuss Sims 2 again. :/
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2011
    If it is not closing they may have changed the bandwidth being Sims 2 is a discontinued project and there is no need to keep it 100% operational when they can keep up with the franchises that are operational and current. We do not have to pay to use the site also before the site goes under they usually give you 30 days prior to closing or changing. Eventually it will close totally. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HatboxHatbox Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited April 2011
    LOL, the words traitor and unclean do sort of make me think about Marie Antoinette for some reason, and yes, I always kind of got that negative vibe from the forums too after The Sims 3 was released.

Most of us who even play The Sims 3 played The Sims 2 at one point, I still rarely start up The Sims 2 just to have another game to play with, so the negativity and drama seem a little extreme to me.
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I dont use the site anymore, but it did have its good moments. I did have a sims 2 comeback and had my fun, but im done now. I believe I have officially moved onto the sims 3 without missing the sims 2. I had my fun, but those days are over.
  • Options
    alc124578alc124578 Posts: 10
    edited July 2011
    Its not closing i think there shutting down the store i heard something about since the sims 3 is out that the sims 2 store will be closed so there probally just taking off the store :?:
  • Options
    krizia1234krizia1234 Posts: 241 New Member
    edited July 2011
    i'm on chat with an EA tech support agent,because thesims2.com is an error screen for me.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2011
    At this moment, It is on maintence mode now
  • Options
    AtomBunnyAtomBunny Posts: 15
    edited July 2011
    I actually started visiting TS2 BBS more once TS3 came out. I even uploaded a couple of things to the exchange over my time there.

The site has been on 'maintenance mode' for at least 2 days now, so I'm fearing the worst.

I'll be sad to see it go.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top