Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prevent big family's moving out from town?

It is a way to prevent big family's moving out of town.

I created a family with 8 family-members, at day 2 they moved out from town. It's annoying. I tried it again, they moved out from town at the second day.
The question is WHY? and how do I prevent them from moving out from town?

Comments

• MomGoldMomGold Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2009
    Turn off story progression. Other than that, you'll have to try one of the mods that have been created.

• Morten8035Morten8035 Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't want to turn off story progression and the mods I have seen includes lots of other useless things I don't want and don't need. :(
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have no idea...this happened to me recently. I kept placing the same 8 person family down and they kept disappearing...oddly, I had them in another neighbourhood and they were fine there. No idea if this is just a coincidence about the big families or not.

Oddly, I'd only had one family move before this in weeks of playing(oh, actually this couple when they had their first set of twins...had to remake them). And suddenly yesterday I had 4 or so families disappear...several were mom's with kids of a man who remarried someone else in my neighbourhood...poor guys, their kids are gone!!! Very sad....I also had death of a teen and toddler! My story progression seems to be working much harder now than ever before.
  • rebdudleyrebdudley Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if this will help, but every once in a while I get rid of families that my sims don't have any connection with. I also move elders in together if they are living alone. The last seems to keep them both from spawning a baby. I figure if I limit town size myself then the game won't do it randomly.
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2009
    About a month ago, I read a thread of someone complaining to EA that story progression appears to be a bug with the deleting families etc. EA wrote back that the reason families move away is a function of game play, it was intended and definitely not a bug. So I took it on myself to see if I could influence families I put in my town as background citizens, as I play a sort of legacy and just wanted more population to interact with. Anyway, these sims kept moving out until I started making it a point for my active household to meet and befriend any new family I put into town within a day or two. Since doing this in game, I haven't had a household move out and I always have story progression on. So it seems if there is someone from a household on your active sim's friend/acquaintance list, they don't move. I bet the code that makes them move was put in to inspire us to play our sims as social as possible.

Has anyone else found this to be true, or have I just been lucky? Anyway, it has kept my towns occupied with created families in my games. Also, I think switching active households resets all relationships with townies to zero. So if you switch to play another household for a bit and come back to your original, some of your moved in sim families in the town might not have the active player as friend anymore and move away.
  • Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited July 2009
    that happened to me. I made a household of 8 teens because there wern't enough in my town and they moved out on day 2 or 3!!! I did ut them in a dumpy 1 bedroom 1 bathroom house, but...
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited July 2009
    About a month ago, I read a thread of someone complaining to EA that story progression appears to be a bug with the deleting families etc. EA wrote back that the reason families move away is a function of game play, it was intended and definitely not a bug. So I took it on myself to see if I could influence families I put in my town as background citizens, as I play a sort of legacy and just wanted more population to interact with. Anyway, these sims kept moving out until I started making it a point for my active household to meet and befriend any new family I put into town within a day or two. Since doing this in game, I haven't had a household move out and I always have story progression on. So it seems if there is someone from a household on your active sim's friend/acquaintance list, they don't move. I bet the code that makes them move was put in to inspire us to play our sims as social as possible.

Has anyone else found this to be true, or have I just been lucky? Anyway, it has kept my towns occupied with created families in my games. Also, I think switching active households resets all relationships with townies to zero. So if you switch to play another household for a bit and come back to your original, some of your moved in sim families in the town might not have the active player as friend anymore and move away.

I have found this to be true, overall. If a sim in the main house is friendly with a sim in another house, or at least an aquaintance, that is more than a tiny little line. Those sims do not move out. If I have not met or befriended someone, they will sometimes move out. Generally I have no problem with move outs, as such. Due to I only try to improve relations that I truely don't want to see move. As for family members moving out of town, have not had that happen, but once, and in reality the person never moved out, just never moved into a home, that I could find.
  • Dooglers8Dooglers8 Posts: 716 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have had this happen once.
    But I played the Bunch family untill they had their fifth child, and when I came back, a long time later, their oldest had dissapeared, just him though, nobody else.
  • MarySweetMarySweet Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2009
    lol
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    About a month ago, I read a thread of someone complaining to EA that story progression appears to be a bug with the deleting families etc. EA wrote back that the reason families move away is a function of game play, it was intended and definitely not a bug.

what kind of gameplay feature is that? probably the worst one ever invented in the history of games XD its so stupid moving out families, especially the ones i spend the most time on.
  • Godsgirl33337Godsgirl33337 Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2009
    This just happened to me today. I made a house of 8 women for my male sims to marry (lol) and they moved out on day 2 or 3. None of my family had gone over and met them yet, so that is consistent with what everyone else is saying. On the other hand, I merged 6 male sims with a house that already had 2, and none of them have moved. One of my sims had gone over and met them, so that must be why.

I also got informed today that the Landgraabs moved out of town. I was kinda bummed about that, even though none of my sims knew them, because they are a major part of the town. I do like story progression though, because it keeps things interesting. I do agree that it's frustrating when your created sims move! I'm going to move those girls back in and make sure at least one of my sims meets them so that hopefully they will stay. :)
  • MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2009
    4katsuki wrote:
    About a month ago, I read a thread of someone complaining to EA that story progression appears to be a bug with the deleting families etc. EA wrote back that the reason families move away is a function of game play, it was intended and definitely not a bug.

what kind of gameplay feature is that? probably the worst one ever invented in the history of games XD its so stupid moving out families, especially the ones i spend the most time on.

I agree, a screwy game play feature. But the fact that they coded it on purpose into the game play, means there is a style of play to keep it from happening.
  • lauragrace08lauragrace08 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had a family be deleted the other day and I was so upset!

They actually were best friends with another family (and had a brother who lived in the town as well) so I was shocked when they were gone. I felt like I see them a lot and they are played a lot. So annoying!!!
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm..sometimes fits, however, as I said, a few of my families that moved out were mom's with kids (divorced from dad, who lived elsewhere). There dads' had relationships with them, but they moved anyway. Perhaps kids don't count for this though? Ex-wife would only have a negative relationships. Then as others have said, I've had for example the eldest child move out...only one teen from the family had a relationship with someone yet, but hadn't focused on him. Hmm...
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have same problem with families I make move out. It's realy annoying me.U spend hours playing with them and go play another family and POOF they gone. I know I'm a Magician but I'm not doing it!
  • celica18lcelica18l Posts: 47 New Member
    edited July 2009

i don't think this is true. My sim's eldest son, wife, and two girls just moved out of town. I rotate playing these sims they all have tons of interaction with each other when I'm not playing that partical family as active.

Not happy. They are still on my family tree but the son is no longer married to her. IDK what the deal is but jeez. I do not want to start all over. I'm scared to move my sims out on their own.
  • 45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2009
    I had my family intermary into the Goth family
    Gunter goss married one and a son who was living there married another
    They all upped and left town.
    Bah
  • MelHub92MelHub92 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2011
    I made the Bella and Mortimer be a couple but her whole family disapears! ITs always here family for me in Sunset Valley.
  • spitfire130313spitfire130313 Posts: 120 Member
    edited February 2011
    I find this happens when my town is over populated. I make it my mission every so often to "edit town" and see what new families have moved in. I usually delete them before they make any connections (especially those households that just appear to have a random group of Sims together!). This way none of my good families get deleted and no children are killed off randomly.
    Oh! I also kill off all elder people lol. Once again, helps with the population. A lot of work but worth it so I don't lose the Sims I want.
  • bmcentire94bmcentire94 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I had a family with parents and four kids. The eldest daughter moved out and got married and had two kids. The second oldest child moved out and had a baby with his wife. He and his wife and child left the neighborhood but the oldest sister and his younger siblings living with his parents stayed.