Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

★ ★ S•M•S ★ ★ STILL ALIVE!!! Need Community Feedback on How to Proceed...

Comments

• jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sorry, sending them ASAP!
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sent!
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Sent!

jumping0044.gif
  • deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sent!
    :O
  • Simmersaurus_RexSimmersaurus_Rex Posts: 3,021 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Posting very shortlyyyyy :D
  • FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I can't wait :mrgreen:
    edited July 2011
    Just gonna hop in zee shower and then I'll get them posted. ;)
    edited July 2011
    wujq0x.jpg

(Blog post over at Rexy's Lair)

You guys did freaking amazing with SMS's first ever full-body screenshots provided by my lovely co-host, Jillie, and once again made it so difficult to decide on winners! You'll be happy to know, however, that SMS has yet another new feature since you guys have been creating such beautiful photos as of late! Jillie and I will now have the ability to pick Honorable Mentions in each category if we see something about a picture that really stands out, even if it doesn't place. There's no limit to the number of HMs that we can pick in each category, so there's always a chance that you can get some recognition!!

Anyways, without further ado, the results...

JilliesPick.png

2llo7fb.jpg

Jillie:As soon as I saw this, I loved it! It was so creative and really brought what summer is to me, in one picture. You have the vacation and beach all wrapped up in one! The letter was a great touch(Even though she's Swedish ;)!), and the kiss is very Elda! The editing on the picture is awesome, it would have been nice to have the picture a little bigger, like maybe a little more zoomed in, but I really love it as a whole. Another thing to watch for is shadow. There should be a dark shadow between her and the hammock, and a softer shadow on the sand near her feet. But other then that it's great!

Rexy: Oh how wonderfully creative, Diamond! I love how you gave us a little something extra with this photo, I really enjoyed reading Elda's little message to her mom. This is an entry that I can tell you really put a lot of thought into, and its uniqueness made it stand out so much! Your edited photo standing on its own is beautiful, I adore the hammock and her bright bathing suit, along with the little headband. Your attention to detail is exquisite! Congrats on first place!

8z02tx.jpg

Jillie:As always you never seize to amaze me! I love the tone you gave this, it really puts a whole different theme/feeling all on it's one. The blues look amazing, and it gives this almost pure feeling. The suit looks amazing, and I love the fact that it's sexy without showing off everything. You're always spot on for details, and the water ringlets around her hand dipped in the water is fabulous!

Rexy: This is, hands down, my absolute favorite picture from this round, Simanims! The colors, the water, the suit, the angle...it's all just to die for! I have this weird affinity for water-esque things (I'm not sure why), so the fact that you placed Elda in the ocean shallows is just outstanding. It's seriously like eye candy to look at where her body meets the water, and all the little ripples. Her swimsuit is super cute and I almost wish I had it in real life! This photo is just pure magic for me...congrats on second!!

25ko4g9.jpg

Jillie: Super cute! Who would have doubted Elda could pull off Baywatch? The outfit looks awesome on her, and I love how bright and summery this picture is! A very cute detail on having it look like the sand was covering the board. I would have loved to see that same effect on Elda herself, as it would have made it look like she was in the sand more. Also it seems that her shadow is a little off. By the look of the light source, the sun is coming from the right side, so the shadow should be on her left side, and could have been a little more behind her and darker. Other than that, it's a really cute shot, and Elda looks smokin!

Rexy: How clever of you, Sydney! I'm still sitting here looking at your photo just amazed with how well you pulled off that classic Baywatch swimsuit. You really have a knack for clothes drawing! The shine is in all the right places. I definitely have to agree with Jillie though, you left me wanting to see Elda sunken into the sand a little bit because you did it with the lifeguard board thingy. Otherwise though, you produced an awesome and place-worthy picture! Nice job!

RexysPick.png

ndor2q.jpg

Rexy: Oh Harry, this picture is simply breathtaking. It’s like a photograph that turned out to be beautifully perfect, and all the elements, big and small, work together flawlessly. I have to compliment you on how delicate you made Elda look while still keeping her sexy. The grey fabric and white lace of her swimsuit complement her skintone just right, as well as the color of her hair. It’s such a great shade of ashy blonde! The thing I think I love most about this, however, is how your personal style shines through like a beacon of light. All the editing you did on her face, especially the nose, and the exposed ear, are just so signature you. I’m also loving the way you blurred the background, it makes me curious as to what those figures in the background are. People gazing out at the sunset on a distant peninsula, perhaps? The one other small touch that really put this at the top for me is the subtle lines running diagonally through the picture. You did such an awesome job on this edit Harry, and congratulations on winning first place!!

Jillie: You seriously knocked this round out of the park! Not only is this a beautiful shot, but it's just so simple, and elegant, and really this breath taking! Your dedication to all the subtle details you do is just to die for. The colour and tone of the whole picture, just really sets a time, and it's more then just a picture, it's really a memory caught on film. The background, is perfect, and I love everything about the model, when it comes down to the hair, the face and the swimsuit. I completely agree with Rexy, the blurred out background, forces you to look at your model, but then keeps you looking to figure out the story behind that. The subtle lines just adds to the realism your pictures have. Your style simply amazes me, and there's no doubt that I would have given you first place as well. Well deserved, congrats!

2u5t3d3.jpg

Rexy: Ah Simanims, you editing beast! Taking home yet another place at the top of the pack. Something about this picture just really hits the right chords for me, and it might sound a bit odd, but I think it may have been the sort of beat up metal suitcase. It adds a whole new level of depth to this picture, giving it a story. It makes me wonder: Is she living on the beach (which would be fabulous by the way)? Is it some lost treasure she just discovered? Or did she pack some things for a day out at the beach on her honeymoon (hence the bottle of wine in the background)? I’m amazed that this was your first time drawing curly hair, because it turned out beautifully. The beach and wavy hair just go together too well to ignore. Great attention to detail as well, I love all the little extra tidbits you added. This is quite nitpicky, but I would have liked to see a bit of shadow on her stomach where the beads are hanging down, but that’s such a tiny thing. Either way, this is a wonderfully gorgeous, summery photo!

Jillie: When I first saw you post this picture, I couldn't help but stare at it, for ages! Not only did you prove that Elda can rock brown hair for me, but this whole picture is just to fabulous for words! I love that everything matches so well. It really irks me when sims and backgrounds don't match, and I think you nailed that 100%. I'm so jealous at your ability for the backgrounds you make. Everything always seems perfectly placed, and this really seems like this was a complete in game shot, with a little editing on top.

21bun81.jpg

Rexy: We just came right out of nowhere, didn’t we? :lol: I have to say, as soon as you submitted your entry, I was super impressed with your talent and creativity. I absolutely adore the cave setting and the rays of light pouring in. I think a big part of your win involves where you decided to put Elda. When I was looking through all the entries, I just kept coming back to this one because of how awesome the setting was. Not to mention, you did a wonderful job editing Elda! Your hair was so refreshingly different because you opted for a sort of Rastafarian, shortish, edgy ‘do. The beads in the hair were a great touch. I’m also quite drawn to the swimsuit, the top has a really nice shape and I love the pattern because it sort of mimics water. However, I thought Elda’s makeup was a bit too heavy, especially for a day out at the beach (with caves nearby, of course). I think the shading under her nose could have been a little less harsh as well. Also, when I first saw your picture, I thought Elda was smiling with lips closed, which I really like. When I realized she was showing some teeth, it was a bit of a letdown. Maybe that’s just me though, haha. Anyways, congratulations on winning third place, and I REALLY hope we see you around the modeling community more often!

Jillie: Woah, I completely agree with Rexy on this! You really seem to have a natural talent, and it's so nice to see a new editor come out! I Love the setting so much. The way you have this whole picture set up, I can't help but get a dangerous adventure out of my head. Something the lines of Tomb Raider meets something else. The hair style looks phenomenal on her, and I LOVE the swimsuit. I agree with Rexy that the makeup seems a little harsh, but since I get this rebel vibe from her, I would say it passes with me. I think the dark look is what helped give you that aggressive edge. The shadow under her nose is a little intense compared to everywhere else. I think you really could have pulled off an intense shading, if you really went for it, since the light source is coming from behind her. Congrats on 3rd, and please keep at this, you really have a knack for it!

2mhwjza.jpg

Rexy: Ah Evie, always the one to be refreshingly and wonderfully unique! You’ve transformed Elda into a Tarzan-esque goddess who tames wild beasts. I’m sure some manly explorer would just love to run into her sometime, hahaha. :D I LOVE the tiger and the cheetah (it’s a cheetah, right?), and how cute he is nestling under her arm like that. The one thing I do have to say though Evie…I liked your original submission better!! Yes, I like the hair better in this one, and you fixed the “tilted Elda” issue a lot of people had in this set, but I much preferred the swimsuit in the first to this one, and it almost feels like everything’s too dark. I liked the brightness of the first. In this photo, a lot of the background detail’s lost to darkness. Having said that, I still find BOTH photos just lovely. You have some true talent, girly!

Jillie: Simply beautiful Evie! I agree with Rexy, I really loved your first entry a lot more too. I love the hair in this one, my lord you just want to pet it! I love that you have the two animals in this (even though I miss the bird too!) and it was such a creative, and different look for summer. The shading details look amazing, and I love the setting, but like Rexy said, I found this version seemed way too dark for me.

Set 6: Adventurous is now up on the front page, with screenshots by our first placer in the Hair Editing category this round, HARRYwasHERE! Don't be shy, give it a shot!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2011
    Ah reserve :shock:
    edited July 2011
    Aaaannnnddd they're up! ;)
  • alvernaalverna Posts: 4,244
    edited July 2011
    Congrats congrats :)
  • SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow thanks for such lovely comments! Well done to the winners, you really deserved it. Looking forward to getting started on the next set...already have a kinda idea xD
  • chocchikcookie12chocchikcookie12 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2011
    Congratsies guys! :mrgreen:
    Very deserved wins :thumbup:
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited July 2011
    My Entry. I know, I'm fast :P I drew on some hair, as well as added a background, change lightning and what-not :P

It's pretty crap for a noob, I know :|

Woah, I've been playing WoW too much. Am I in the ghostlands? Wait. This isn't right... The Ghostlands are a level 10-20 zone.. And I'm Level 7! Uh Oh... :/

pI59o.jpg
    edited July 2011
    Congratulations winners!

I have an idea for this and am quite excited about it :mrgreen:
  • crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Already workin on it ;D
  • EzParisEzParis Posts: 963
    edited July 2011
    So here's my attempt at hair drawing :P

sms.jpg
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited July 2011
    Congrats guys!

I am SO doing this set! :D
  • StevieFischerStevieFischer Posts: 1,156 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Congrats to the winners! The winning edits were very well deserved. Those were some beautiful pics!

I agree with you both (Rexy & Jillie). When I first submitted my replacement I thought it was better, but after a day or two I wished I would have gone with my first edit. Oh wells :P

Can't wait to get started on this one. :P :P :D:D
  • pooh90pooh90 Posts: 4,026 Member
    edited July 2011
    Congratz MZ and Harry :mrgreen:
    Ow i like the screenshot Harry, you model is very pretty :D
  • MzDiamond92MzDiamond92 Posts: 466 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yay! I won!!!

Thanks for the amazing comments guys! I'll be missing out on this set but next set count me IN!

<3 this competition so much!
    37039261832_f4a10910ef_o.png
    | My Tumblr |
    edited July 2011
    Kinda took a different road for this :mrgreen:

SMS-Adventurous.jpg"width=700"

Full View

Description:

Maybe trying to find the great Fuchsia Diamond wasn't a great idea. Of course it was a great adventure.... but where was I now? Standing on a leaf, the size of a bug. The diamond shrunk me to the size of a fairy, grew wings out of my back, and grew out long purple hair.

I guess you could say I was a pixie.

Maybe this wasn't a smart idea...?
    edited July 2011
    Congrats winners! :D

@Simslover & EZ: You must provide stories or descriptions with your entries or I can't put them up!! Make sure you guys are following rules.
    edited July 2011
    Congrats winners! :D

@Simslover & EZ: You must provide stories or descriptions with your entries or I can't put them up!! Make sure you guys are following rules.

Hai Rexy! What do you think of my entry?
    edited July 2011
    Super creative! I love how sleek the hair is :)