Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Locked?

Just wondering, why do posts get locked? I keep read about people mentioning locked posts and now I see one I started has been locked. What does that mean? It wasn't about anything inappropriate or anything. Why would it get locked?

Sorry if this is a sore subject with some people, but I really don't understand it!

Comments

• ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited July 2009
    somtimes a thread is just off topic, someone has hijacked it and now its off topic, or someone flagged it for some reason or another.
  • Pastalover587Pastalover587 Posts: 978 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Trust me, i've been apart of many of those threads!! lol. its probly because it was off topic or there was flamming or something.
  • SlinkyScrapSlinkyScrap Posts: 1,551 Member
    edited July 2009
    It means that something in the thread did not follow forum rules. Like staying on topic of the sims or what the original poster had in mind. There could be foul language or other inappropriate behavior.

I'd suggest reading the forum rules so you know what to expect.
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well..I re-read it and I couldn't find anything inappropriate about it, and it was definitely still on-topic(which is why I'm so annoyed, still hoping for answers). One person complained about EA, but I've read hundreds of posts much worse. I will re-read the forum rules though, as I'm quite curious.
  • freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, can't seem to figure it out. It annoys me because most of the time I post questions I don't get responses, and this time it was actually generating suggestions(on-topic, nothing inappropriate that I can figure based on common sense or the forum rules). Not much point in using this forum if this is going to happen. Meanwhile, completely off-topic or ranting posts go on for 30 plus pages. Very sad.