Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh no....undo undo!!!!!

I finally decided to use my simpoints that I had been saving until I decided what I wanted. Some of what I bought was a few of the cute dresses for young adult ladies. Unfortunately, I forgot that I was in the "everyday" section, and I wanted them as formal dresses!!! Now they are only in the everyday section. Is there anyway to change them to formal or "refund" them and buy the correct version?? I understand they seem to be only available for one type of clothing(although, seems crazy for the price-should be available for all categories), but I want them in formal, not everyday. I'm so mad at myself about this! Please help!!!

Comments

• Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It actually annoys me quite a lot my Sim's can't wear formal outfits with trainers, or other such restrictions...
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You know i wish it was like saints row 2..where men can wear female clothes and women can wear mens and basicly wear whatever the flip you want, i hate restrictions.
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So there are clothes in the store that have the exact same design for both everyday and formal? I thought if you bought one that was used for both types of clothing you only needed one copy and the game made it available for both. Bah, that sounds confusing, doesn't it?

I have to agree though that I wish the dressing restrictions were relaxed for player controlled Sims, same with the food restrictions depending on time of day.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited July 2009
    After I purchased dresses in the everyday category, I went to the formal category and the dresses I had just purchased in the everyday section were checked in the formal section. They show up under both categories and in both the YA and Adult category in my game. Same goes for the tops I bought. Namely, the high-neck halter one.
  • Options
    SweetestDrugSweetestDrug Posts: 5,406 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I wish they let us view the outfits on the sims before we buy them..

• Options
    iowagalagainiowagalagain Posts: 186 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What Yahtzami said. Me too.
    It seems to me that most of the stuff in the store is actually already available in the game and has just had the color changed. Might you be able to pick the same outfit and change fabric/color to match the one you bought?
  • Options
    Gouka989Gouka989 Posts: 976 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yahtzami wrote:
    After I purchased dresses in the everyday category, I went to the formal category and the dresses I had just purchased in the everyday section were checked in the formal section. They show up under both categories and in both the YA and Adult category in my game. Same goes for the tops I bought. Namely, the high-neck halter one.

Thank you Yahtzami, I thought that was the case. I don't really think you can cancel an item you've purchased via the Store though. I would try posting this question over in the Store Technical Discussion section of the forums here if you haven't already.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I bought 2 store dresses, the "Ala Mod" and "Belle" styles. I have no idea what section I was in when I purchased them, but I was able to choose Ala Mod as an everyday outfit and Belle as a formal outfit with no problem. I wouldn't expect the Store section you were in at time of purchase to make a difference to where they appear in CAS?

If you really wanted to, you could uninstall them from your game (you do so in the launcher) and the re-download them from the store and install them again. You can re-download anything you've purchased at any time for no additional cost.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    You're right, SweetestDrug. Those little pictures they expect us to use to make decisions are just crap. I want to see the whole thing, front and back before I buy.
  • Options
    SimposiastSimposiast Posts: 70 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You might want to check the small print for the store, because in some countries there are distance selling laws that mean you have a 'cooling off period' where you can change your mind about a purchase.

I am surprised though, that the dresses don't turn up in both everyday and formal.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited July 2009
    I wish they let us view the outfits on the sims before we buy them..

I agree with you on this. I bought this dress that I thought was nice looking, until I actually got to see it in the game. Waste of sim points.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmmm...maybe there is something wrong with mine then, if some people are finding them in both categories. I definitely cannot find the dresses in formal, which really urks me! I bought them so my sims can stop wearing the ugly in-game formal dresses and now they can only wear them in everyday!