Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you create objects?

ZeffrinZeffrin Posts: 37 New Member
Hi all,

I'm sorry Im sure I must've missed something somewhere along the line but I can't find out how to make objects.

I can see that when I go to buy mode and select an object I can use randomize which mixes around the colours on the fabrics which seems like it must be something similar to the create a style system in the sim creator but how can I do this for objects?

For example, say I have one of the beds... if I click randomize I can see the sheets change between the patterns listed in geometrics and the colours are changing for the wooden part etc but I want to be able to go like with create a style and set the fabric type and colour... choose the material like wood or concrete or whatever I want for the other bits... if you looked at create-a-style you know exactly what I mean im sure....

So... I see in the community area lots of objects people are decorating, how is this possible? Would greatly appreciate some pointers to get me going on this one.

Comments

• AnomilyMiyuAnomilyMiyu Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2009
    This confused me at first to. After you have placed a object you hit the pallet button which is called the create a style, from there you can select textures and colors, to redo the object than you can save it in the menu that pops up.
  • ZeffrinZeffrin Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This confused me at first to. After you have placed a object you hit the pallet button which is called the create a style, from there you can select textures and colors, to redo the object than you can save it in the menu that pops up.

Oh Awesome!

Thank you!