Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• baybehrbaybehr Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If anyone hasn't said this yet.

What bothers me is not being able to change the lot size and also not being able to create our own neighborhood.
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I would have to say the no animation to the cars, lack of funiture, hairstyles, and traits, and the poor quality of the outdoor plants, trees, and grass.
  • MsCobra500MsCobra500 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :shock:the price of the game, should of been $29.99 LOL...
    no pets at least we should have a fish tank!!
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MsCobra500 wrote:
    :shock:the price of the game, should of been $29.99 LOL...
    no pets at least we should have a fish tank!!

You can buy a fish bowl and put any one(1) fish that you catch in it.
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    JEANIE74 wrote:
    This is my first time playing SIMS as this is the only one I've seen for a Mac. So far I like it except for the fact that my first sim I created, well her file disappeared. Oh, and these...
    1. Showers for an hours, brushed teeth for 15 minutes. Seems I can spend all day doing routine stuff and no time for fun!

2. No curly hair...all the hair is basically the same.

3. Can't fall in love. Chat and flirt all I want and no one is receptive. Seems I have to give her a husband and skip all the fun dating and marriage. Only options for household is spouse or housemate, no live in boyfriends/girlfriends.

4. Can't skip to the end of a task. Hate waiting for them to wake up. There should be an end button.

Did you say one? Sorry.

Oh yeah, how when I assign them a task they stand there for like 5-10 minutes before moving! Hate that!

I agree with all of this except #3: I have had sims fall in love, become Boyfriend/girlfriend and move in together...it just takes forever...and you have to keep progression with the romantic dialog because if you miss a beat or a day you have to start all over again. It is annoying and tedious but possible.
  • lettuceoutlettuceout Posts: 241 New Member
    edited July 2009
    A lack of bustiness, ya know. (.Y.)
  • zackman47zackman47 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No maxmotives cheat. Handy when you have big famillies.
    yeah there is. type testingcheatsenabled true into the cheat box then shift click the mailbox and click make needs static, that way they never decay. or shift click the mailbox and click make all happy and there needs will fill up but continue to decay.
  • zackman47zackman47 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Vaza wrote:
    New families and their finances, they still start out with approximately S20,000. EA came up with the potentially good (but obvious) idea to add more money per family member, but it still ends up the case that a new family has to live in a trailer/shack/hovel/etc. Atleast in Sims 2 they earned money quickly, and even in some cases got large bonuses or S10,000, S20,000 or S50,000 for chance cards, but I find it so difficult to earn money. My main sim is the "Leader of the Free World" but was living in a two-bedroom bungalow (with one mediocre bathroom) until I caved and used "motherlode" to give the President of SimEarth a more suitable house. I got the feeling that Sims 2 was more a neighbourhood creator, with plenty of options to change most things, and even, if you had the right tools, change the landscape. But this game seems to have gone back to a more Sims 1 approach of giving you a neighbourhood, but you create and customise the sims in much more detail. However, I find so few options, like I was hoping to have ways of altering them in the CAS, like having kids without having to be married, or starting couples off as girlfriend/boyfriend, and even giving them a level, 2 or 3 job and money to buy a decent house. Also, I enjoyed the family album, and ability to see Sims' memories, that was the best bit of exploring pre-made families. I apologise for having exceeding "Name 1 thing that botheres me"...
    merge them with the families with good houses, then split up the other people and take the house for yourself :D
  • hundredshundreds Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I did not read all of the 120 pages of posts so forgive me if I repeat anything!

Well there is this one thing that bothers me the most, whenever I tell my sim to do something, they normally wait at least half a sim hour to start it. This mostly bugs me when they are off to work/school.
    edited July 2009
    There are basicly lots of flaws to The Sims 3 that we could just go on forever about, but there were some things they really should of included.

I pretty much agree with alot of you.
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm not going to read 120 pages.. but I did skim through the first few.. And yeah, I think that there should have been more furniture... more career track options.. But then again, this is all just going to come out in the EPs.
  • SivilliaSivillia Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'd have to say the way they walk it's kinda clunky including going up and down stairs..also when they are waiting for others to move..they wait forever crowds can be hectic.
  • LolsiclesLolsicles Posts: 119 New Member
    edited July 2009
    WoWLynnia wrote:
    Sims popping out random babies with no second parent

Actually, my only complaint was that most patterns in the store don't work in my game.

But that's been bothering me too! I understand Claire Ursine, I think she started out in the game pregnant (at least I think so, every game I had she's ended up with a baby), but Leighton and a lot of other single, non-pregnant sims just suddenly have a baby without me knowing!
    edited July 2009
    Exactly.
    I'm sure there'll be tons more to come from the EP's.
    - But there were still a lot more things in TS2 base game then TS3 base game.
    - And I'm not liking EA for making a Sims 3 store to buy more furniture and clothes. They're making us pay much more extra then what we payed for just The Sims 3, and that price was just outrageous. I did get the Collectors though.

• EriiannaEriianna Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I hope the EP's include all of the stuff we miss...............
  • Author_is_meAuthor_is_me Posts: 141 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have a few complaints. one actually about my stupid computer. i can't play the actual sims, so i'm stuck building houses (which is fun) until i upgrade my RAMs. The hairstyles aren't bad, but there isnt a lot of options. same as the styles. we need different clothes and different styles for the clothes. i cant wait for the EPs!
  • MattSuomi9896MattSuomi9896 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No car animations
  • Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I Liked the game for the first couple of weeks, but
    now I'm a little bored. The game itself, the whole
    "living world" aspect is incredible...
    but I think there should have been a little more
    added into the base game like seasons or something.
    It would have made the whole "living world" idea a
    whole lot better.

And as for create a sim...
    I love the detail and stuff, but come on. When you make like
    30 sims, they all end up looking the same because clothing and
    hairsyles are so limited. I would like to be able to adjust height...

As for the town...
    It's nice, but after while, what is there to do?

Other than that the game is ok... 8)
    edited July 2009
    I totally am with you on all of that Ceecee3!
  • dollyloverdollylover Posts: 516 New Member
    edited July 2009
    dollylover wrote:
    where to start

9 and I think last and most importantly story progression, I hate it when things happen in other households that I haven't had control of. and all the things that come with it. :evil:

By, "all the things that come with it,(this is hard to say)do you mean that a household can simply disapear out of nowhere, and sims who used to know them don't anymore, yet, it still shows that they are alive on the family tree of other sims? (And, of course, I know you're mentioning the obvious too). Sometimes, for me, a married couple looks like they're split up when one moves to another house (or a "no lot selected", hate that!), but only in SOME places (family tree, when ya hover over relationships, but not main relationship spot). :?:

The disappearing families, I now have at least two back ups saved under different names for each family i play. the baby spawning though to be honest that doesn't happen a lot in my game. I went passed the single moms house only to find one of them starving to death and wouldn't be greeted sitting in the garden, when I go play them, I find she isn'r sarving like she looks, but dead tired and needing a pee. lol
    and everyone i meet is involved with or married to someone else.
  • flyingpaperclipsflyingpaperclips Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The things that bother me are:

a) The time, it moves so slowly.

b) The animations for when they're walking. My female sims move like gorillas.

c) The lack of clothes, hairstyles and objects. Most specifically hairstyles and musical instruments. Kids can't play guitars! I miss the piano...

d) They take sooo long to do ANYTHING! My sim was on fire and only had 14 in game minutes to live and he just stood there when I told him to extinguish himself in the shower.

Having said all that, it's definitely better than the last game.
  • SimzypooSimzypoo Posts: 462 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I completely agree...I miss having a piano, I hope we have it in an expansion because just having one instrument to play just gets boring after a while...and also when WE have to wait for our sims while their in a restaurant or at work...the time is so slow that is takes forever, & I don't want to have to switch houses constantly when I get bored waiting for my sims to be done. They need to make a patch to fix the slow speed. & Also I thought the new patch was suppose to help speed up speed 4...it's still the same as it was before. & What happens to the sim babies that are randomly being born...what if the adult sims dies, then what? Adoption possibly...so frustrating. I mean I understand that they did that so the neighborhood wouldn't just die out but they need to only let it happen young adults not elders or anything, because then the baby will be left with no home. :(
  • CandyspookieCandyspookie Posts: 372 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No neighborhood creator tool. ):
  • LumberJackieLumberJackie Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My biggest peeve would be...well, the Sims 3 is an entirely different game as far as comparisons to TS2. But TS2 was a game I suppose I liked better.

But if I had to name one thing I hate about TS3, it's the instability of the game. I mean, really. Flat out crashing when my comp meets minimum requirements? It shouldn't happen...
  • RoxxyGrlRoxxyGrl Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What I don't like;

The limitations on the neighbourhood

The story mode feature of moving people out of the neighbourhood (I know there are way's to stop this happening)

The way the save files bloat to a huge size and the subsequent save issues.