Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flux Modeling: Cycle 3 - - Assignment 10 & Assignment 9 Scores - - SCORES & ASSIGN 11 POSTED

Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
Scores & Assignment 11

29xeuy1.png

Welcome to the third cycle of Flux Modeling Competition.

Flux ;; to flow, the continuous flow of change, the art of succession

We are getting so close to the end, it’s kind of sad, really. This cycle has gone by so fast and every competitor here has made it amazing! Keep up the excellent work, ladies! You are all doing fantastic and I can’t wait to see what happens next!

2r2t092.png

1ST PLACE – Bliss87 / Tara with 160/160

r0qo1h.png

BETH

clothing: 10/10
hair&makeup: 10/10
pose: 10/10
relativity to high fashion: 15/15
quality:5 /5
meets requirements: 15/15
creativity:15/15

total score: 80/80

This is by far my favourite entry this round. It’s amazing! Everything about it is just so surreal and perfect! You really nailed the high fashion this time, even though it was more difficult since your model wasn’t wearing clothes. Great job! I have nothing negative to say about this.

PK

quality: 5/5
creativity: 15/15

total score: 80/80
Comments: Really wasn’t expecting something like this from you, I’ve come so accustomed to seeing a certain type of image from you, your own noticeable style but this entry takes a step outside that box. The lighting and colors are really gorgeous. I love how detailed but also simple the background is, something that’s very hard to do but works so well in High Fashion shoots (at least it does for me). All the lines are clean and everything has a beautiful glow to it. Well done.

2ND PLACE – MissChatterbox / Gianna Rosewood with 153/160

29upo9t.jpg

BETH

creativity:10/15

total score: 75/80

I loved your entry. Gianna looks amazing! I do feel like more could’ve been done with this, though. I felt like something was missing. Maybe more to the background or something? I can’t quite put my finger on it. But otherwise, amazing job!

PK

quality: 4/5
creativity: 14/15

total score: 78/80
Comments: I love the colouring of this picture, reminds me of an old photograph. The pose is perfect and the angle in which you chose to take the picture is really elegant. The lighting is really gorgeous the shadows it creates on Gianna’s skin are beautiful. There’s a few niggly quality issues here and there, the bush on the left side is cutting into the rock in multiple places, Gianna’s elbow joint looks very ‘’doll like’’ with the obvious crease and the grasses to the right are quite blurry looking. Just a few things that really break that realism that the picture has.

3RD PLACE – Pam2297 / Summer Twist with 151/160

10ptzes.png

BETH

clothing:10 /10
relativity to high fashion: 12/15

total score: 77/80

I loved your different approach to this assignment. While everyone did a serene tropical feel, you did more of a fierce wilderness feel and it totally rocked! The angle was a bit odd, in my opinion, but otherwise, everything looked amazing! Great job.

PK

hair&makeup: 8/10
creativity: 12/15

total score: 74/80
Comments: It’s very difficult to get that perfect balance between a well lit model and the use of the gorgeous orange and yellow in game sunsets, and I think you nailed it. The hairstyle you chose is gorgeous, has that natural look but also looks well managed and glossy. The layering in the set is very well done also. The swamp grass does affect the overall quality of the image since their leaf blades aren’t very detailed. Summer also has a little bit too much blush on, her cheeks are noticeably pinker that the rest of her skin, and isn’t quite in the right place to be considered blushing from embarrassment.

4TH PLACE – kelren837 / Scarlett Valentine with 146/160

23w8xk.jpg

BETH

clothing: 5/10
hair&makeup:10 /10
pose: 8/10
meets requirements:15 /15

total score: 73/80

Great job, kelren! Your background is amazing! I do wish you chose to have her wear a little less clothing, since that was the nature of this assignment, but it still works with the dress. Great job, keep it up!

PK

clothing: 8/10
meets requirements: 14/15

Comments: Beautiful setting. The almost moonlit lighting is really enchanting; everything has a mysterious glow to it. Scarlett actually looks really gorgeous in minimal makeup, and while I really love the casual relaxing looking dress she has on, it would have been great to see less clothes to really play around with the assignment theme. Don’t know if it’s just that particular tree, or you forgot to turn tree detailing on but the leaves on that branch does interfere a bit with the overall beautiful quality of the whole scene.

5TH PLACE – TIE; pooh90 / Lilla Sueman with 143/160

2ymakc3.png

BETH

pose: 8/10
relativity to high fashion: 12/15

total score:70/80

Great entry, rose! You came up with a serene feel and I think it really worked. I wasn’t a huge fan of your chosen hairstyle and it didn’t feel 100% high fashion to me, but otherwise, great work!

PK

relativity to high fashion: 13/15
creativity: 11/15

Comments: Great choice of hairstyle, Lilla looks very relaxed. You did a fantastic job of hiding all her rude bits with the foliage, some really great placement. The setting was kinda average something that I was definitely expecting to see with a natural theme, just some trees and flowers nothing that seemed to take too much creativity to come up with or put together. The camera angle is really interesting, like the camera man is laying on the ground looking up at Lilla. Just really would have liked to have seen more of a scene being created, more of a creative original idea coming through.

5TH PLACE – TIE; melodicspike21 / Cloud Everlast with 143/160

23u4dwj.png

BETH

pose: 5/10
relativity to high fashion:15 /15
creativity:8 /15

total score: 66/80

I loved the ocean and the lens glare! It looked amazing! I wasn’t the biggest fan of your chosen hairstyle or pose. I think it looks almost too posed for an au natural photo shoot. The background is a little plain, too. It feels like something is missing. Otherwise, good work!

PK

relativity to high fashion: 14/15
creativity: 14/15

total score: 77/80
Comments: This is my favourite picture you have produced for this competition I think. The posing is really beautiful and I love the positioning upon that one rock. Even though the background is fairly simple, the coloring and lighting really brings everything all together. Sorry to hear about your game, hope you can work out what is causing it because as you already probably know this would have been an even better shot if you had been able to manoeuvre the camera around a bit. Some cropping though would have benefited this shot as it is now.

6TH PLACE – pixie30 / Megan Pepper with 139/160

142a0pw.png

BETH

hair&makeup: 5/10
relativity to high fashion:10 /15
creativity: 10/15

total score: 65/80

I like your model’s outfit. She reminds me of some kind of forest nymph or something. I wasn’t the biggest fan of the hairstyle you chose and it didn’t really feel high fashion to me. If you would’ve put her infront of the water or something, it would’ve looked a lot better. I find that tree trunk so close up is a bit distracting. Otherwsie, great job!

PK

clothing: 9/10
hair&makeup: 9/10

total score: 74/80
Comments: Great layering in your set, I particular love the vines coming down from above. Was very creative to use that ‘’Adam and Eve’ outfit to avoid getting Megan naked but it needed a little bit of editing, the outfit itself is pretty low quality, I personally think it would have looked better if you added some texture to the leaves to have it mirror the vines from above maybe. The pose is gorgeous very modelesque. The quality is a bit off, mostly due to the grass in the front having such a low quality look to it. Megan also looks like she might be wearing a little bit too much eyeliner/mascara, that top lid is very dark and gives her eyes a heavy makeup look.

** THERE IS NO ELIMINATIONS **

amwa4w.png

30agw2f.png

full size: http://oi54.tinypic.com/33l2ukg.jpg

10drxq8.png

- - play nice
- - absolutely NO face plastering, photo skinning, or glitter text
- - basic editing skills will be an asset to advancing in the competition, but editing skills are not required . I encourage all who would like to challenge their skills or learn new skills to join
- - changing basic genetics, such as hair and eye color, are allowed unless otherwise stated
- - CC is allowed, but not required
- - please do not join unless you are committed . I do not want a bunch of drop outs
- - if you must drop out, please tell me rather than disappearing.

2mo9o8x.png

For each and every assignment you enter, you must enter them with the following requirements. You will be deducted points if requirements aren’t met:

- - size of entry must be 833 pixels wide by 1079 pixels tall , OR 1666 pixels wide by 1079 pixels tall . you may enter the equivalent of these size dimensions, just as long as they resize properly to the required size requirements
- - a short description of your entry must be posted upon handing in your entry . this description does not have to be long or super creative . one or two sentences will suffice

33cxiko.png
Tuesday : July 19th , 2011
(if you need an extension, please feel free to ask)

2vammhu.png

Your entries will be scored on the following criteria:

clothing: /10
hair&makeup: /10
pose: /10
relativity to high fashion: /15
quality: /5
meets requirements: /15
creativity: /15

total score: /80

653mup.png

FOR EACH ASSIGNMENT:

The winner of each assignment will have their entry featured in the current issue of Flux Magazine (this is why the entry size requirement is in place).

WINNER OF THE CYCLE:

The winner of the cycle will receive a judging position in cycle 4, a custom made winner’s signature, and a spread in Flux Magazine.

13zpumu.png

24uw235.png

= pixie30 / Megan Pepper 8)
= pooh90 / Lilla Sueman 8)
= melodicspike21 / Cloud Everlast 8)
= kelren837 / Scarlett Valentine 8)
= MissChatterbox / Gianna Rosewood 8)
= pam2297 / Summer Twist 8)
= bliss87 / Tara 8)

e7cec3.png

Legend:
Legend
:shock: = seen it
8) = turned in
:? = extension granted
:evil: = drop out (PLEASE NOOOOOOOOO)

Official Website:
http://fluxstudios.webs.com

Comments

• Beth8301Beth8301 Posts: 4,657 New Member
    edited July 2011
    bi1g05.png

kelren837 / Scarlett Valentine

2s0ec5u.jpg

pooh90 / Lilla Sueman

2yjzfpw.png

Bliss87 / Tara

2lc7k0h.png

pixie30 / Megan Pepper

28vvvk6.png

pam2297 / Summer Twist

16av3fp.png

MissChatterbox / Gianna Rosewood

rbxy89.jpg

melodicspike21 / Cloud Everlast

2qjj9rc.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pooh90pooh90 Posts: 4,026 Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it
  • melodicspike21melodicspike21 Posts: 24,180 Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it :D
    X4pxyAv.png
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Bliss has seen it, but she's been perma banned
  • pam2297pam2297 Posts: 1,312 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Seen it. Thanks for comments!!
    edited July 2011
    Bliss has seen it, but she's been perma banned

=O Perma banned? Really? For what? Is she going to make a new account soon?
  • pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited July 2011
    Last, hmm will have to work ALOT harder...
    Seen it, so happy we have this assignment because this is the sort of Style I wanted to give Megan :P
    edited July 2011
    thanks for checking in, everyone!

@azara: wwhhaat? why was she perma banned!

@pixie: aw your entry was still fabulous! the scores were REALLY close last round!
    edited July 2011
    Perma'd??!! :shock:
    X4pxyAv.png
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2011
    She was perma'd for bumping too soon after another person.
  • MysticfelineMysticfeline Posts: 2,161 New Member
    edited July 2011
    That's so stupid :evil: They keep banning every other person for stupid stuff like that which TONS of people do. Yet they only ban one person for doing it.

How are we supposed to know which rules are enforced when they aren't consistent with enforcing them :roll: . If they had made it known that it was wrong to do that and that they will ban you for it then Bliss would still be here

pardon my rant
    edited July 2011
    Oh no rant away Mystic, that has go to be the dumbest thing that...has ever got banned for!
    Btw i like you new avi :D
    edited July 2011
    Haha! I never saw it stated in the rules that you can't bump after another person. The way that I understood it, you couldn't bump to many times after yourself.

edited July 2011
    Hahaha ya no kidding o.0

I wish they made that kind of CC for sims 3 o.o But nnooo we get a bunch of lame stuff and sims 2 gets all the cool stuff
    edited July 2011
    Totally! I spend hours cc binging for sims2 because there is so much pretty high quality stuff! For some reason sims 3 content never has the same level of detail :?
    edited July 2011
    I thought you only got banned for bumping after yourself :? and I thought it was only a temp ban.
    Wow. That is ridiculous :lol:
    X4pxyAv.png
    edited July 2011
    that is definitely a dumb reason to get perma banned. temp banned makes much more sense, even though that would be dumb too.
    edited July 2011
    Hey maybe if shes lucky that would be a typo too :lol:
    edited July 2011
    Oh gosh :lol: the infamous 30 day ban typo

Now I wanna see some entries! :x
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Totally! I spend hours cc binging for sims2 because there is so much pretty high quality stuff! For some reason sims 3 content never has the same level of detail :?

I think it's something to do with the game...
    When I made the cubes, I used a VERY sharp texture with high detail, but in game, it's not as good :(
  • MissChatterboxMissChatterbox Posts: 4,277 New Member
    edited July 2011
    WTH PErma Banned! :shock:

Congrats Bliss!
    Thanks for the feed back i didn't even notice that :shock: :p
  • kelren837kelren837 Posts: 1,012 Member
    edited July 2011
    edited July 2011
    Wanted to get this done before I go out of town~

Qi5f5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9vdcd.jpg

• FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Kel that's awesome!
    edited July 2011
    Thank you! ^_^ I wanted it to look like she had to take care of a bunch of useless men, bahaha