Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD STUFF FROM THE SIMS RESOURCE!

leelee20leelee20 Posts: 14
Ok, so most people might not even heard of 'the sims resource' let alone download stuff from it, so basically it is like a whole website about downloading custom content, from sims 1, 2 and 3! so the web address for it is www.thesimsresource.com. take a look. so basically this is about how to DOWNLOAD stuff from it so here is a quick youtube vid on how to download stuff from it! enjoy:D please rember to thumbs up my vids, subscribe and take a look at my channel!
THANKYOUUUUU! :D
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• leelee20leelee20 Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2011
    That site is full of viruses and bad CC. I wouldn't download from there if I were you. It causes HUGE problems for your Sims games.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • keleyakeleya Posts: 7,303 New Member
    edited July 2011
    That site is full of viruses and bad CC. I wouldn't download from there if I were you. It causes HUGE problems for your Sims games.

Yeah, exactly this. T$R is scum and the only reason you should ever go there is if you're pirating their pay content. :D
  • Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited July 2011

^ I have to agree. I got a virus that messed up my COMPUTER...not just my game, but my whole COMPUTER. i had to give it to the Geek Squad to fix for an entire week. $300.00 to fix. NEVER AGAIN!
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited July 2011
    Lol, sorry for laughing but this part just made me chuckle, "so most people might not even heard of 'the sims resource'" Actually a lot of simmers know about it...mostly for it's bad rep. Corrupt cc, and viruses.

That's the one website that even I, a non cc simmer (I used it heavily in Sims 2 though) will stay away from. (Yes I sometimes browse through cc...thankfully I can restrain myself.) I've read of too many people getting viruses and bad cc from that site.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, most everyone knows about The Sims Resource, but not for good reasons. They illegally charge for content that EA says in the Terms of Service that anything made with the game and NOT be sold for profit, yet somehow they continue, and also the ads on the website are notorious for giving people viruses. However you can get around that by using FireFox with AdBlock Plus installed that blocks all ads and the viruses they contain.

I will never pay for content from that website.
  • starfire1997starfire1997 Posts: 3,238 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Everybody knows about the sims resource. It's a horrible site filled with bad cc.
  • leelee20leelee20 Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    Ok? Everyone calm down, its your choice to use it, and their is a filter that allows you to run cc through it, to check if it safe. Happy?
  • keleyakeleya Posts: 7,303 New Member
    edited July 2011
    leelee20 wrote:
    Ok? Everyone calm down, its your choice to use it, and their is a filter that allows you to run cc through it, to check if it safe. Happy?

Hon, you're not really listening. Everyone's gotten burned there at least once or twice. It's just a matter of time before you do too. :?
  • miktigermiktiger Posts: 2,234 New Member
    edited July 2011
    TSR gave me a trojan when I downloaded a hair from it last night. I had to set my computer back to factory settings, lost all my CC, had to reinstall all my EP's and SP's.

Just don't download from there. It's a load of frustration.
  • dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited July 2011
    leelee20 wrote:
    It's YOUR game and I know if you download something from there and something happens to your game your probably going to come complain about it on the forums. Don't say we didn't warn you :roll:
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited July 2011
    I went there once to just look at a specific dress. As soon as I opened the site, I got a box warning me of a virus so I don't think the filter you're talking about would have helped in that situation.
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2011
    1. everyone has heard of T$R

2. the people who own it are criminals who think its okay to release credit card information and where you live. They also seem to have no problem hacking people.

3. the ads on the site contain virus's. Many people have gotten virus's from there. I myself have gotten trojans trying to infect my computer. While being on the site, my antivirus goes crazy.

Best not to go on there. PS: There is proof for everything I have said aswell.
    edited July 2011
    It's not just the CC. If you just go to there site you can get a virus. Filter isn't going to help you there.
  • summerlove2106summerlove2106 Posts: 147 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I used to download only Featured Items from TSR. The FREE ones. I hate that they charge for some of their items, I mean isn't creating supposed to be fun? Plus, is it ok for them to do that? Doesn't that go against EA's terms and conditions?

I never downloaded any viruses from there, but i sure did download some bad cc so now I'm sticking to a few tried and tested creators. And there are so many websites with extraordinary CC, I soon forgot TSR! :wink:

edited July 2011
    I only download Featured Items from TSR. The FREE ones. I hate that they charge for some of their items, I mean isn't creating supposed to be fun? Plus, is it ok for them to do that? Doesn't that go against EA's terms and conditions?

I never downloaded any viruses from there, but i sure did download some bad cc :evil:

Its mostly the ads on their sites that contain malware. Plus, like I said, TSR has no problem hacking people or releasing their personal info like credit cards or where they live. That is scary enough. I used to have an account there before I learned of their criminal activity. Disgusting.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited July 2011
    It's not just the CC. If you just go to there site you can get a virus. Filter isn't going to help you there.
    Like I said, it's the ads on the website that have the viruses. Simplying using Firefox with AdBlock will fix this issue. I have never gotten a virus from the website because of this.
    edited July 2011
    LittleV wrote:
    Like I said, it's the ads on the website that have the viruses. Simplying using Firefox with AdBlock will fix this issue. I have never gotten a virus from the website because of this.

If I had Firefox with AdBlock I would probably go to that site to look at Newsea hairs, but I'm on Google Chrome so I don't go there at all. Didn't girl doll dressed start at TSR?
    edited July 2011
    Plus, like I said, TSR has no problem hacking people or releasing their personal info like credit cards or where they live. That is scary enough. I used to have an account there before I learned of their criminal activity. Disgusting.

I heared they have been hacking a lot of creators'websites not just people. I never pay for CC so I never gave them any of my persoal details...
    edited July 2011
    Plus, like I said, TSR has no problem hacking people or releasing their personal info like credit cards or where they live. That is scary enough. I used to have an account there before I learned of their criminal activity. Disgusting.

I heared they have been hacking a lot of creators'websites not just people. I never pay for CC so I never gave them any of my persoal details...

Yea I think they even put a few sites out of business, or something along those lines. I don't know how those TSR people sleep at night destroying peoples computers or ruining their websites.

Just despicable.
  • AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited July 2011
    LittleV wrote:

Yes but not everyone uses firefox, and that still doesn't help with the corrupt cc (that can completely mess up your game) or the fact that they release private info. In my opinion, if you have to have a program/browser add-on to prevent a site from giving you viruses, you really shouldn't be going to that website. And there are also viruses that are transferred through what you download, not just the adds. That risk comes with any cc, so it's always good to make sure that you trust the person you are downloading from.
    edited July 2011
    Has anyone ever bothered to file a criminal report against TSR? I'm talking about the people who got hacked by them or had their personal information released.
  • scottydottyspotscottydottyspot Posts: 116 New Member
    edited July 2011
    i love the sims and all but i definitely wouldnt pay for any cc ever. I already had a problem with my credit/debt card being jeopardized at michaels so i definitely would not be putting that info out to some person on the internet :?
    edited July 2011
    What I don't understand is this. People know about this right? Why do they keep downloading stuff from there?

I would think that Sim magazines such as SF and Living Sims would know about this too, why do they keep featuring TSR's creations?? :/
  • scottydottyspotscottydottyspot Posts: 116 New Member
    edited July 2011
    What I don't understand is this. People know about this right? Why do they keep downloading stuff from there?

I would think that Sim magazines such as SF and Living Sims would know about this too, why do they keep featuring TSR's creations?? :/

well then thats just absurd :? someone should file a report then
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top