Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romantic Interest is NOT Cheating

Comments

• BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Personally, I don't think they should get a cheater rep unless they are committed to another Sim. To me that is the whole point of asking someone to go steady meaning you only want to have a romantic relationship with them only.

If they are not in a commited relationship with another Sim, they should have a different rep. I thought there was a "Player" rep in the game, but I might be mistaken. That would be appropriate. Some of my Sims have a "Naughty" rep. That would also be appropriate. I would love it if they had a "Don Lothario" rep.

The Don Lothario rep is called casanova. You need to have 7 lovers at once. The female equivalent is natasha. Someone said there was a don lothario rep but so far I haven't figured that one out. I've went up to 12 lovers but still no new rep so I think casanova is it.
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited July 2011
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    Yes totally agree with you. It just wasn't thought out and executed well. I don't hate it, I actually like the idea of reputations especially the eternally faithful and testing the waters or whatever it's called. But the way EA decides what is cheating and what isn't is what I don't like about it. Guess it's not a win win for everyone because their definition of cheating will be different from different players. And the way your sim automatically gets accused of cheating where you can't even cancel the interaction is annoying.

Exactly!I agree, and I think the developers want to reward faithfulness (which I really have no problem with by the way those things are great and totally ideal!) but the silliness as far as the cheating goes restricts gameplay too much.

I think breaking a sim up and automatically accuse of cheating go too far into taking gameplay away from players.
    edited July 2011
    AngelaKaye wrote:
    I agree, I don't think having multiple romantic interests is cheating. If it is then what is the difference between having a romantic interest and having a boyfriend/girlfriend? To me, asking someone to go steady means agreeing to be exclusive. That's the whole point. It should be all fair game otherwise.

Yes that would be my definition too. But again every player has their own definition of cheating so I don't think there is a way to please everyone. But just thinking back, I suppose this was gonna happen, since pre generations, even if a sim cheated on a romantic interest in front of another lover's face, they will get upset and jealous so that's pretty much what EA thinks cheating is which to them is regardless if sims are in a commited relationship or not.

edited July 2011
    But this is why you would give your sim no jealousy so your sim would not be bothered by that. but the rep panel conflcits with no jealousy- since oddly- the reason your sim is accused of cheating has nothing to do with jealousy, but because of his/her rep.
  • userginousergino Posts: 2,150 Member
    edited July 2011
    @yournamehere488: You r definetly a player if u think its ok to go on dates wit multiple people and kiss other people that is just like so wrong and i feal really sorry for whoever u date in the sims game or in rl
    edited July 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    Yes totally agree with you. It just wasn't thought out and executed well. I don't hate it, I actually like the idea of reputations especially the eternally faithful and testing the waters or whatever it's called. But the way EA decides what is cheating and what isn't is what I don't like about it. Guess it's not a win win for everyone because their definition of cheating will be different from different players. And the way your sim automatically gets accused of cheating where you can't even cancel the interaction is annoying.

Exactly!I agree, and I think the developers want to reward faithfulness (which I really have no problem with by the way those things are great and totally ideal!) but the silliness as far as the cheating goes restricts gameplay too much.

I think breaking a sim up and automatically accuse of cheating go too far into taking gameplay away from players.

That is my main gripe with this rep system the whole automatic accusations and break ups. I want to control my sims' relationships. Yes I am a control freak! My sim would occasionally have a b o o t y call/drive by with an old lover but since generations he just uses them and then discards them. lol
    edited July 2011
    The romantic rep could've been a very fun feature. They could've done so much more with it.

For instance, a sim with an inappropriate trait could not be bothered by his/her rep, or whatever.

A sim with a flirty rep could get a bonus towards his rep score (afterall he/she is flirty), and wouldn't be bothered by flirtations.

A sim with an evil trait... Should have a different impact.
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2011
    My sim and her husband were high school sweethearts and have the Eternally Faithful reputation--despite the fact that the mom had triplets sired by the party dancer at her bachelorette party!! What happens in the rabbit hole stays in the rabbit hole :wink:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • munchiepoomunchiepoo Posts: 1,386 Member
    edited July 2011
    If cheating to you means you are allowed to go on dates and kiss anyone then...

What the hell world do you live in?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2011
    I consider having more then one romantic interest cheating in real life and the sims. Even if your not boy/girlfriend and your still kissing and dating them if you or the other kiss someone else it's still cheating.
    edited July 2011
    enkeli63 wrote:
    My sim and her husband were high school sweethearts and have the Eternally Faithful reputation--despite the fact that the mom had triplets sired by the party dancer at her bachelorette party!! What happens in the rabbit hole stays in the rabbit hole :wink:

Question how did she keep from getting caught?
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited July 2011
    I usually make my sims stick to one partner, but now that you have the date option, at least searching for that special sim, should not cause to many bad rep problems.

But relationship does cause my teen some problems!!!
    - Her second prom she was invited by a romantic interest and they became a couple for a while, but then he aged up to a YA. And she still have a relationship icon with him! - But cant have any romantic interactions. - The wildest she can do is ask him to learn her to drive! :D
    Next time she had a prom, her best friend invited her, i accepted, thinking that was fine. But then they became a couple! - Now she has two boyfriends, and she cant break up with the YA! :roll:
    She shortly had a naughty rep, but no moodlet for it anymore (cant check in memories, it cause my game to crash).

An other of my sims met her YA boyfriend and asked about his relationship status, but according to him, he is single... Men! :mrgreen:

• enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2011
    enkeli63 wrote:

If you go to a public place--like tour the theatre--with a good friend, then your sim can try for a baby in the rabbit hole with that other sim, even though they are not romantically involved. The good friends still only remain good friends afterward, so there's technically no cheating as far as the game is concerned.

I'm not complaining--it's a good loop hole I was able to use for my Legacy to have a good looking genetic contributor without ruining the longlasting romance my sim had going on!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
    edited July 2011
    enkeli63 wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:

If you go to a public place--like tour the theatre--with a good friend, then your sim can try for a baby in the rabbit hole with that other sim, even though they are not romantically involved. The good friends still only remain good friends afterward, so there's technically no cheating as far as the game is concerned.

I'm not complaining--it's a good loop hole I was able to use for my Legacy to have a good looking genetic contributor without ruining the longlasting romance my sim had going on!

Did you know sims can cuddle and watch the stars without becoming romantic interest? They can. I'm suprised EA hasn't caught that.
    edited July 2011
    I consider having more then one romantic interest cheating in real life and the sims. Even if your not boy/girlfriend and your still kissing and dating them if you or the other kiss someone else it's still cheating.

See, this is why the romantic rep panel is kind of a bad idea. Because everyones definition of cheating is different. I think its perfectly ok to date multiple people as long as you are up from that you are doing so and not hiding the fact. That's what dating is about- going out with different people to see who clicks for you.

If you were hiding that you were doing this, or lead a person on that they were the only one, then that would be bad. But nope, I see no harm in playing the field and checking out one's options.
  • koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Well imagine you were flirting with someone and going on dates with them, then you confess that you like them and they say they like you too, but then you see them the next day making out with another person, you'd probably be upset. But by your logic, you weren't technically dating so it wouldn't be a big deal. But you would still be upset, because you'd be jealous. And thats what the sims feel. Jealousy.

I totally get what you're saying, but if you went on a date with one sim and confessed attraction, then went on another date with a sim and simply told them they had a nice personality or looked nice, the first sim would still get jealous. People date around in RL before they decide who they are most compatible with for a long term relationship and they don't consider it cheating to pay your date a compliment.

usergino wrote:
    @yournamehere488: You r definetly a player if u think its ok to go on dates wit multiple people and kiss other people that is just like so wrong and i feal really sorry for whoever u date in the sims game or in rl

Really!? It's just a game :roll:. Just because you make your sim do one thing (like have 100 kids) doesn't mean you would do it in RL or even want to do it in RL. Besides people date around in RL all the time and on reality shows and people still want to be with them. I don't date around in RL, but there's no need to insult people who do it in their game and asume they do it in RL.

EDIT: Added second quote
  • Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Ok wait... I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now...
    There is somewhere on the panel you can go to check your reputation??

WHERE?? I havent found it, and want to see what my sims are!
  • koolyaidkoolyaid Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Ok wait... I have been trying to figure this out for awhile now...
    There is somewhere on the panel you can go to check your reputation??

WHERE?? I havent found it, and want to see what my sims are!

You get an update in the corner saying what they are. Not every sim gets a reputation. In the panel with your sims traits and how old they are, etc. there's an icon for the scrapbook. Under that there's catogories for memories, a biography, and the reputations of sims in the household. Hope this helped.
  • Lemon1234Lemon1234 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2011
    ladynaava wrote:
    Lemon1234 wrote:
    Also, again, the Sims isn't exactly like real life. There isn't really an option to tell one of your girlfriends that she's not the only one, but her be okay with it etc. If you were to 'Confess Attraction' for one girl to another girl in the Sims, she'd get angry with you because in the game it's considered cheating.

I know its not exactly like real life. But this isn't very fun for some of us either. Its boring and punitive=-)

You shouldn't need to break up with romantic interests. They are romantic interests, nothing more. Whats to break up?

I agree that we definitely need more freedom with it, EA just has a different definition of cheating than a lot of simmers do I guess.
  • nadynejnadynej Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2011
    First of all, please don't bring reality TV into this, cause everybody with a working brain knows it should be called uber-fake TV.

Second, like someone said before, it's a game and it's full of bugs, so keep calm. They obviously went capitalist, they all do when sucess comes knocking (sims 2).

Third, if you date multiple people, kiss and tell a bunch of strangers to "check" them out, then DA! you're a player. Pretending otherwise won't change that fact nor will it garantee that they will appreciate seeing you do the same with another stranger unless they are players too. There's nothing wrong with this if its fun you<re looking for...

Serious people date one person at a time because anymore is both complicated and tiresome. After the first or maybe second date, you usually know if it's worth the effort or if its time to move on and "just stay friends".

But like I said, this is a game and a bugged one at that.
    edited July 2011
    nadynej wrote:
    Third, if you date multiple people, kiss and tell a bunch of strangers to "check" them out, then DA! you're a player. Pretending otherwise won't change that fact nor will it garantee that they will appreciate seeing you do the same with another stranger unless they are players too. There's nothing wrong with this if its fun you<re looking for...

Serious people date one person at a time because anymore is both complicated and tiresome. After the first or maybe second date, you usually know if it's worth the effort or if its time to move on and "just stay friends"..

This is a matter of perspective, though, which is why some don't like the way this is implemented. Like anything, what you view as playing or being a player, someone else may view as dating. The sims isn't too detailed on what goes on during relationship, so while one person may feel the sim is 'kissing a total stranger' another may view it as having casual date with someone they like.

The details of the conversations and the sims expectations of what exactly is involved in a relationship are left to interpretation of the player which is another reason why I do not like the way it was implemented. I am personally for giving the players MORE choices and not restricting gameplay. What the romantic rep panel does is restrict gameplay and I don't care for it.

edited July 2011
    Lemon1234 wrote:
    ladynaava wrote:
    Lemon1234 wrote:
    Also, again, the Sims isn't exactly like real life. There isn't really an option to tell one of your girlfriends that she's not the only one, but her be okay with it etc. If you were to 'Confess Attraction' for one girl to another girl in the Sims, she'd get angry with you because in the game it's considered cheating.

I know its not exactly like real life. But this isn't very fun for some of us either. Its boring and punitive=-)

You shouldn't need to break up with romantic interests. They are romantic interests, nothing more. Whats to break up?

I agree that we definitely need more freedom with it, EA just has a different definition of cheating than a lot of simmers do I guess.

I agree! =-) Although I think it may be just sheer laziness. They obviously didn't put a lot of work into the code, if dead spouses, teenage flings etc. are considered cheeting.
  • userginousergino Posts: 2,150 Member
    edited July 2011
    koolyaid wrote:
    Well imagine you were flirting with someone and going on dates with them, then you confess that you like them and they say they like you too, but then you see them the next day making out with another person, you'd probably be upset. But by your logic, you weren't technically dating so it wouldn't be a big deal. But you would still be upset, because you'd be jealous. And thats what the sims feel. Jealousy.

I totally get what you're saying, but if you went on a date with one sim and confessed attraction, then went on another date with a sim and simply told them they had a nice personality or looked nice, the first sim would still get jealous. People date around in RL before they decide who they are most compatible with for a long term relationship and they don't consider it cheating to pay your date a compliment.

usergino wrote:

Really!? It's just a game :roll:. Just because you make your sim do one thing (like have 100 kids) doesn't mean you would do it in RL or even want to do it in RL. Besides people date around in RL all the time and on reality shows and people still want to be with them. I don't date around in RL, but there's no need to insult people who do it in their game and asume they do it in RL.

EDIT: Added second quote

@koolyaid: he even said he dont see anything wrong wit kissing other people so that means he prolly does that in rl
  • nadynejnadynej Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I do agree with freedom in gameplay, but people tend to confuse what is ok in gaming or TV and what this does in RL.

It might be fun to burn the wife in-game, but divorce is better in RL. :P

Just like having woohoo with 20 sims can be challenging, in RL its having risky, "casual" fun. Still, can't pretend you're being serious, it's just a question of respect.

But, yeah, that's just me.
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    edited July 2011
    I had a topic about this myself. I had a sim browsing town, trying to find a potential partner. NO kissing and NO dating was involved. I stuck to the platonic interactions like Flirt, Compliment Personality/Appearance, and Hold Hands. I made no commitments to anyone.

Well, once I found a few compatibles, I decided to move them up to being romantic interests. Seeing as how several NPC sims may be MARRIED with a Romantic Interest or two on the side, I figured there was no harm in having a few casual dates. Again. There was no kissing involved.

The second person I confessed an attraction to immediately gave my sim the cheater relationship. It didn't even go to Naughty first. It was just, BAM! Instant Cheater. He was dating no one, married to no one, had kissed no one... and had 4 counts of cheating, with only 2 romantic interests he hadn't even involved himself with.
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top