Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great stuff

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited July 2011
    candy8 wrote:
    I said this before and I will say it again, the stuff sucks, and it looks like what we alrady have now. Not buying it.

This is a stuff pack not Expansion pack. Only Expansion packs gives the game new things. Stuff packs gives the game new design, shape of objects introduced in expansion packs. That is purpose of stuff packs.
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2011
    CK213 wrote:

the-sims-3-town-life-stuff-incoming-this-summer-20110616113601586_640w.jpg

Clearly that's a gay literature store. :D
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to put those bubble windows on the side of the pool in a nightclub with a rooftop pool 8) A lot of the stuff in this new pack will be useful in the right situations. There's always something 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that one day becomes the perfect piece to finish a stunning room!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2011
    funnykid wrote:
    Danny68 wrote:
    Does anyone else recognise those windows from The Sims 1 (not sure what EP) They were rainbow sorta, if I remember correctly. They look exactly the same. Haha. :)

Yes, that rainbow-coloured bubble window came with The Sims Livin' Large.

The window isn't exactly the same but it IS based off the window from Livin' Large! We had to break a few modeling rules to get it in the pack, but it's an old favorite of the community (and the team!). The name of the window in The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff is 'Return to Bubbles'. I hope everyone enjoys it!
  • Options
    sambailssambails Posts: 1,025
    edited July 2011
    I really like this stuff pack there isn't anything I don't like and the bubble windows would look great in pools I think:)
  • Options
    chelseamae12chelseamae12 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Ughh. Why oh why are most sims 3 clothes so ugly? Does anybody else agree? EA should hire some fashion designers to sketch clothing for them.
  • Options
    chelseamae12chelseamae12 Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2011
    GREENEYA wrote:
    candy8 wrote:
    I said this before and I will say it again, the stuff sucks, and it looks like what we alrady have now. Not buying it.

This is a stuff pack not Expansion pack. Only Expansion packs gives the game new things. Stuff packs gives the game new design, shape of objects introduced in expansion packs. That is purpose of stuff packs.

It doesn't look like they said it was an expansion pack...I actually see the word stuff in their post. I agree most of its pretty lame.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited July 2011
    I personally like it. And I love how they are revamping the rabbit holes. Changing what those look like can totally give your town's downtown area a new feel. And I like those widows, used in the right house or building they will look really great! I'll probably use them in a night club or laundromat.
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited July 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

:lol: Nope, look closer. It has produce trays out side, and the sign has groceries on it. It's a grocery store.
  • Options
    Danny68Danny68 Posts: 524 New Member
    edited July 2011

The window isn't exactly the same but it IS based off the window from Livin' Large! We had to break a few modeling rules to get it in the pack, but it's an old favorite of the community (and the team!). The name of the window in The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff is 'Return to Bubbles'. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Thanks for confirming. :)
    I loved those windows from Livin' Large, very happy they are making a return! :D
  • Options
    Janicke1990Janicke1990 Posts: 2,649 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Well, I have all the other expansion packs and stuff packs (except outdoor living) but this is like yuk :shock: I already have these things? There is nothing really new? Why should I buy this when there is nothing new :roll:
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited July 2011
    The female child hair looks new to me. I like that one.

The hair isn't new. That hair is in the base game.
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    CK213 wrote:

:lol: Nope, look closer. It has produce trays out side, and the sign has groceries on it. It's a grocery store.

I was being sarcastic. :P
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2011
    mattgstl wrote:
    i just will not be using those windows, who would want that on their house.

That might sound crazy, but I would put bubble windows in my house - especially in the bathroom or Laundry room

I remember we had similar windows in Sims2 (they came with Pets if I'm not wrong) and I used them everywhere

Very Cute

I sometimes do an ocean themed room for my Sims kids (I made custom wallpaper using one of the patterns available, recolored carpeting to match, as well as matching furniture and some of the decor from the Barnacle Bay pack), and the bubble windows would probably work really well. Would also work well for bathrooms as well like you suggested -- I might try and do an ocean themed bathroom sometime, the Hydrocombo Spa set from the Store would probably fit in since it's got the blue coloring. The windows would also work for an indoor public pool building, which I'm thinking of building in case we do get Seasons in the not too distant future; that way Sims could swim without worrying about getting hit by lightning. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, I have all the other expansion packs and stuff packs (except outdoor living) but this is like yuk :shock: I already have these things? There is nothing really new? Why should I buy this when there is nothing new :roll:

For folks who create worlds, these items can help make their creations look different -- and if you've got a really big world, it can be nice to have more than one area for shopping, play, etc. so your Sims aren't taking forever to get to the grocery store or theater. I bought the Gothique library and added it to my town far away from the regular library but close to some of my other houses, and it's a great place for my Sim kids to go do their homework or my adult Sims to go read skill books after work, and still get home in time for dinner. Many towns have more than one library; they'll have a main one and several branches. And if you don't like the colors or wall coverings, you could probably go into Edit Town and edit the buildings to change the outsides (like if you want all the buildings to have red brick to fit your town's general theme).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ughh. Why oh why are most sims 3 clothes so ugly? Does anybody else agree? EA should hire some fashion designers to sketch clothing for them.

Most of the styles are okay -- and if I don't like a particular color, I go into Create A Style and modify it accordingly. There's a jeans jacket for men that I really liked, so I added a pair of jeans the same color so together they make a nice casual suit (and I can change the color of the shirt underneath if I want). Create A Style makes it really easy to come up with my own color schemes for my Sims.
  • Options
    Danny68Danny68 Posts: 524 New Member
    edited July 2011

Everything in it IS new........... :?

It's just different designed stuff, like the stuff packs normally include. It's to add variety to your game.

Imagine only having one style of bed to choose from, one fridge, one car, one chair.. when you buy new expansion packs and stuff packs, they come with all new things because they are different looking.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think what is happening where people claim the stuff packs in TS3 are "less" than the ones in TS2 is this:

TS2 did not have EVERYTHING customizable like it does in TS3, in fact-you had to go with what you had or download cc to even get a color change for any item. So when stuff packs came out for TS2, it seemed like we got more items but we really didnt, all we got was recoloured objects and such but it seemed like ALOT to us bc of the fact we couldnt customize anything.

In TS3, everything is already customizable but i have yet to see an object that is the same EXACT object in any of the stuff packs. They might be the same "type" of object but they are in a completely different style. This makes it possible to make ANY kind of styled house you want,etc.

IMO, I think this is going to be the best stuff pack released for TS3 so far. I have all of them so yes I can already assume that based on what I have seen so far (after watching the live event). Another thing, in the live event they said that yes FLS came with a new trait because it was only necessary for the collectible items. But a stuff pack is just that..a stuff pack--it is not supposed to add any extra gameplay! If one of them did, it was a bonus.

They could, however, stop creating EPs and SPs and then we would have NOTHING to add to our game along the way. I feel so bad for my bf bc the game he plays (made by EA) NEVER EVER gets stuff packs or expansion packs..heck, they dont even get game updates/patches to fix things in either. That is why I love sims, I can add as much as I want and the sims 3 developers are INVOLVED with their community by releasing EPs and SPs so I guess I am happy that we atleast get SOMETHING to keep our interest in our game.
  • Options
    vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    edited July 2011
    I found the items looked better when they showed them in the game on the liv chat this morning. There are several items I like and hope the 28th comes soon. My most favorite is the springy seahorse. It blows bubbles and as music when a kid rides it. I love bubbles.
  • Options
    r3mr3m Posts: 1,723 Member
    edited July 2011

Yay :D ! I missed that window!

Now we're missing the boomerang window ;) , please tell us it's coming back!
  • Options
    mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited July 2011
    funnykid wrote:
    Danny68 wrote:
    Does anyone else recognise those windows from The Sims 1 (not sure what EP) They were rainbow sorta, if I remember correctly. They look exactly the same. Haha. :)

Yes, that rainbow-coloured bubble window came with The Sims Livin' Large.

OMG you are actually reading this, what a treat.
  • Options
    lmccall6860lmccall6860 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2011
    Those windows are from Sims 2 Pets stuff,the pet shop that was in the game and yes they are only suited to shops,you wouldn't want them in your house. It seems we will never have real shops again only Rabbit holes.
  • Options
    pixiedust4267pixiedust4267 Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited July 2011
    mattgstl wrote:
    i just will not be using those windows, who would want that on their house.

That might sound crazy, but I would put bubble windows in my house - especially in the bathroom or Laundry room

I remember we had similar windows in Sims2 (they came with Pets if I'm not wrong) and I used them everywhere

Very Cute

TL02.jpg

Interesting..... I actually like the most the 3rd one from the left with peach jacket and the last one with yellow top

I would put bubble windows in a kid's nursery.
    SQfkfxm6rt.gif