Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellbook vs library...

Is the spell book the only thing in the library that's interactive? If so, I'm only buying the book. If there are other interactive items, I'll buy the whole set. Thanks!

Comments

• OceanBeautyIIOceanBeautyII Posts: 27,012 Member
    edited July 2011
    You'd be better off just getting the spellbook, yeah the Gothique library gives you a new bookcase, table (?) and some other stuff but it's not worth 1,200 simpoints for a library that only has one new thing, well that's what I know. Sorry if I'm useless all I have is the spellbook. :XD:
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited July 2011
    No that's what I wanted to know! I already have enough cc furniture so I'm gonna just buy the spell book! Thanks! =D
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited July 2011
    There's only a few new inherited-function items in the library, so I just got the book.
  • chitbillchitbill Posts: 2,017 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm gonna stop reading now, I thought it said
    "spellbook vs Therapy".

How interesting, I thought, a debate over buying the spellbook or just getting therapy.

PS I'm going over to the library now, like I promised someone else here, I'll letya know (like, maybe if the candles can be lit, if the "surprises around every corner" are just hype, etc.
    edited July 2011
    chitbill wrote:
    I'm gonna stop reading now, I thought it said
    "spellbook vs Therapy".

How interesting, I thought, a debate over buying the spellbook or just getting therapy.

PS I'm going over to the library now, like I promised someone else here, I'll letya know (like, maybe if the candles can be lit, if the "surprises around every corner" are just hype, etc.

Haha thank you for that =)
    edited July 2011
    double post!
  • 123StarStrukk123StarStrukk Posts: 7,876 Member
    edited July 2011
    I wanted to know what the spellbook was! Can you like make witches and wizards or something..? If soo, I think it's slightly unfair for people who can't get simpoints, that are CONSTANTLY going to their local bestbuy, just to be dissapointed.. rambling.. :$
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2011
    lesley418 wrote:
    Is the spell book the only thing in the library that's interactive? If so, I'm only buying the book. If there are other interactive items, I'll buy the whole set. Thanks!

Hi lesley418 :D

To be honest it is a really nice set with lovely items as a whole and the library is amazing, so soooooooooo quirky :mrgreen:

I had like 15 sims in the within a sim hour of placing it and i bet it would make a great house too
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited July 2011
    I wanted to know what the spellbook was! Can you like make witches and wizards or something..? If soo, I think it's slightly unfair for people who can't get simpoints, that are CONSTANTLY going to their local bestbuy, just to be dissapointed.. rambling.. :$

You can buy 500 simpoints with your phone =) It'll just add $5 too your next bill. Don't know if that helps but yeah! I'm did it a few weeks ago!

marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

To be honest it is a really nice set with lovely items as a whole and the library is amazing, so soooooooooo quirky :mrgreen:

I had like 15 sims in the within a sim hour of placing it and i bet it would make a great house too

Haha what about people who don't care what their house looks like? Haha my houses are so empty cuz I'm too lazy to decorate!
    edited July 2011

You teach your sims about 5 spells I think!

not really tried it yet!

edited July 2011
    lesley418 wrote:

You can buy 500 simpoints with your phone =) It'll just add $5 too your next bill. Don't know if that helps but yeah! I'm did it a few weeks ago!

marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

Haha what about people who don't care what their house looks like? Haha my houses are so empty cuz I'm too lazy to decorate!

Why ask for peoples opintions here if you don't want it and now iv'e just wasted my time even sending you a comment :x

I give up :wink:

edited July 2011
    Wait, I wouldn't wanna oversell it, after all, if you start out with no points, it costs as much as a stuff pack!!!!!
    (did I say !! yet?)
    Ok, the library is a library. Well, a graveyard too, with a statue of the reaper.
    A sub basement has a little fire-thingy (for roasting marshmallows) with chairs all around, but the rest is a library. If the spellbook is there, I didn't see it, but you can just buy one and stick it by your bed. It costs 72,000.
    I've got pictures (why is everyone being so vague??) hang on.
    edited July 2011
    chitbill wrote:
    Wait, I wouldn't wanna oversell it, after all, if you start out with no points, it costs as much as a stuff pack!!!!!
    (did I say !! yet?)
    Ok, the library is a library. Well, a graveyard too, with a statue of the reaper.
    A sub basement has a little fire-thingy (for roasting marshmallows) with chairs all around, but the rest is a library. If the spellbook is there, I didn't see it, but you can just buy one and stick it by your bed. It costs 72,000.
    I've got pictures (why is everyone being so vague??) hang on.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • jkmartinez2jkmartinez2 Posts: 2,858 Member
    edited July 2011
    It's sorta like that Olympique gym they had. You get a new building but very few new items.
    edited July 2011
    marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

Why ask for peoples opintions here if you don't want it and now iv'e just wasted my time even sending you a comment :x

Honestly cuz I didn't realize the chess table was just a chess table! I got all excited cuz it said additional gameplay and I thought it was like a voodoo table or something! So I was trying to find out what it was. Haha then I actually read it and felt stupid...

Haha don't judge me!! =P
    edited July 2011
    Oh!!! it's a new building!?!? I was unaware of this!! Haha thanks to chitbull for the explanation! And omg the spellbook is expensive!
    edited July 2011
    lesley418 wrote:
    marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

Honestly cuz I didn't realize the chess table was just a chess table! I got all excited cuz it said additional gameplay and I thought it was like a voodoo table or something! So I was trying to find out what it was. Haha then I actually read it and felt stupid...

Haha don't judge me!! =P
    no, you're being a smart careful shopper, that's a good thing.
    The spells
    Summon
    Summon acquaint
    (UM), um, "Mood elevata"
    Unleash Animals
    are cute but, if you gotta schlepp down to Best-buy, I'm not sure.
    It takes a lot of imagination to want this, a slow day, and lots of real money. It's worth it, if you know what you're getting.
    edited July 2011
    Well I already have 200 pts from a gifting thing I did a while back. So I only need to spend $10 + tax. Which is why this is such a hard decision!
  • Jaelk01Jaelk01 Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2011
    chitbill wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:
    marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

marcel21 wrote:
    lesley418 wrote:

Haha don't judge me!! =P
    no, you're being a smart careful shopper, that's a good thing.
    The spells
    Summon
    Summon acquaint
    (UM), um, "Mood elevata"
    Unleash Animals
    are cute but, if you gotta schlepp down to Best-buy, I'm not sure.
    It takes a lot of imagination to want this, a slow day, and lots of real money. It's worth it, if you know what you're getting.

I got it and was left thinking "this is an item that's screaming out for a modders attention". ;)

J.