Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And after Town Life comes new store items!

This is slightly odd, i think its a little bit of a con as an SP, once TL is released within a month there will be almost identical items to purchase in the store, there are already many items in the store, such as bayside washing, the gym items, and many kids playground stuff.
Don't think i will bother buying this SP.
Bring us weather for goodness sake lol

Comments

• Options
    TheOriginalBadBoyTheOriginalBadBoy Posts: 1,586 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :?
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2011
    cazg1974 wrote:
    This is slightly odd, i think its a little bit of a con as an SP, once TL is released within a month there will be almost identical items to purchase in the store, there are already many items in the store, such as bayside washing, the gym items, and many kids playground stuff.
    Don't think i will bother buying this SP.
    Bring us weather for goodness sake lol

Hi, cazg1974 :D

What I think they’re doing is adding items to the store similar for other reasons too

As not all simmer will be buying every EP-SP

I look at it in that way too as people who won’t be getting some of the packs can at least buy and enjoy something similar from the store at most cases a similar if not lower prize and you don’t need the expansions to use those items.
    There are properly many reasons they do this with the store but that reason is a good enough reason in itself for them to do it!
    Just my opinion :wink:

I’m sure season will come in time as I miss it myself :(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited June 2011
    people who won’t be getting some of the packs can at least buy and enjoy something similar from the store at most cases a similar if not lower prize and you don’t need the expansions to use those items.

The store is much more expensive than a stuff pack when you count the amount of items you get for your money.

Yes you do need expansions to use some store items, take another look, it tells you on the download that you need EP blah blah to use the content.

This is because it's almost all clones of the previous stuff in an EP so you need the mesh from the EP.
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2011
    i agree!!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    :?

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Yes you do need expansions to use some store items, take another look, it tells you on the download that you need EP blah blah to use the content.

Never had those issues myself!

I know you need an expansion for bonus items but where in the store does it say you can't download a new set because you don't have that expansion?

Items in the store are meant to be exclusive items that you don't need an expansion pack for

Do you have an examples of these items or set?

• Options
    Thesims2rocks11Thesims2rocks11 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2011
    people who won’t be getting some of the packs can at least buy and enjoy something similar from the store at most cases a similar if not lower prize and you don’t need the expansions to use those items.

The store is much more expensive than a stuff pack when you count the amount of items you get for your money.

This is because it's almost all clones of the previous stuff in an EP so you need the mesh from the EP.

You don't. Many people who did not purchase Ambitions reported buying the laundry sets online and being able to use them just fine in game.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2011

You don't. Many people who did not purchase Ambitions reported buying the laundry sets online and being able to use them just fine in game.

True

You don't need ambitions to use the laundry set from the store and the aquarium also works even if you don't have high end loft.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

[/quote

Agreed :thumbup: :wink:

• Options
    xMathyxMathy Posts: 555 New Member
    edited June 2011

The store of Sims 3. I agree there will be almost identical items to purchase in the store. But not completely.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well I don't want to see any more washing machines, gym equipment, hot tubs, really, isn't anyone sick of this. I would like flower arrangments for the tables not just that crap they gave us in generations. I also would like some other items like nice pictures that don't look like something that I would never put on my walls myself. Or some nice clohtes for the todders and children, and what about the old people generations only gave us a few for this group. As far as I am concerned the Town SP is full of crap, and if they put the same things in the store I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    cazg1974cazg1974 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2011
    Looking at TL feels like it was put together very quickly, also reminds me of going back to when the sims 3 was first released, talk about lack of advancing and progress :roll:
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited June 2011
    Sadly this is completely true. :? Idk these days I feel like EA pulls stuff from the actual EP's and SP's to dump it in their store. They already charge ridiculous amounts of money for their EP's (seriously I think the base game for the Sims 3 was $50, and now the EP's are $40; bit insane there) and then they expect people to pay even more for stuff that should have been in said expensive EP.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You don't have to buy from the store or the new SP Town Life, if you don't want to. I don't happen to think the store items will be the same, if they are I won't be buying them.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Iv'e never noticed items the same in the store! :?

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Well if the items in the store are not the same then how come the bayside and a lot of the other appliances are no loner available. I think they are not longer available, because there will be some new appliances in the new SP and they look the same. How different can you make a washer and dryer and gym equipment.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2011
    Never known an Sp have so many people moan about it
    Not that it will make the slightest bit of difference to EA as they will still release them
    Just as they release new sets each month in the store

I wonder if people think if they whine enough then Ea will stop making them.

Never gonna happen unless Ea decide to dump the sims franchise completely

Then everyone would certainly have something to complain about

• Options
    SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2011
    All the objects and clothing belonging to The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff are new and made especially for stuff pack.
  • Options
    HollyRock08HollyRock08 Posts: 74
    edited June 2011
    its not the expansions that you have to have in order to get those store items. Its the latest patches. It tells you the patch you will need in order to use that item, and if everyone is up to date with the latest, then there should be no problem. Their not trying to con anyone, people just get confused. and its understandable, considering that most of the things they put in the store, are slightly different versions of what we just paid 19.99 for. But still, how else are they going to get money? I would probably do the same, and me personally... i buy every expansion/sp... just because i want everything possible for my game, even if i dont use half of it. I may someday wish i had it in my game, so i just get it. I do the same with the store items. Its always nice to have a little more to play with.