Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RDF?

dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
How do you get a 1 000 plus Recs, over 90 000 Dls, and some Favs? I wonder. :roll: How do the best of the best do it? I'm amazed at so much skill & taste on the exchange. :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think you have to be a member at other busy building sits, hardly anyone downloads from the exchange, most go to sim sites. So my guess is they are promod on this famous sites like Modsthesims and simmersociety etc, they also prob have face book sim accounts too idk i dont do that part of sims prob never will. Also, they are long time builders in the community, trusted, as well as have top talent. And people who get a lot of downloads really promo themselves nicely. make excellent cover pics and movies about their lots, and fabulous slide shows, they know how to network and who to network with. Oh snd i mention they have talent... LOTS OF ITé (not that you dont have the same talent, i have seen your lots) Also the builders who were building in sims 3 first before anyone else will get more downloads because people know them. New builders need to get established. There is much on the exchange its hard to get noticed at all unless you get featured even then the notoriety does not last for long. Ì just build what i want and what inspires me at and have fun, enter contests, they are fun too, and dont worry about downloads. But i understand how you feel`. Eveyone wants people to notice their work. Downloads from other simmers makes a builder feel awesome.
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Here is a few ways to boost your recs and downloads:

1. Commenting on simmer's profiles. - Leaving a simple comment with a link to your new creations on your friends profiles helps immensly.

2. Using other websites. - Other forums and gaming websites are helpful.

3. Have lots of sim friends! - The more friends you have on here, the more people will visit your studio.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Those are really good points too. But you have to be active on other sims friends pages and make sure to rec the work you love on thier shares also.

I think being involved on other sites is the next big step.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Okay i know its me again. I checked your studio and recd some things i missed last time i was there. I would say wow your recs are excellent. I would suggest you get Sims 3 upload image changer and make sure to make a cover picture for you lot and change the first image of the lot and guarrentee you will get double the downloads even tripple. Check out my studio as prof. What do all my low downloaded lots have in common..NO cover picture. there are are few with horrible cover picture and they are pretty low downloads too. So spend some time with your cover picture it will pay off.

Btw i have never had 90000 downloads but i am getting close to 1500 recs. LOL . Then if you like check out the pro studios here like Simeve, Ruthless_kk and others. You will see they are excellent a promo.
  • Options
    dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi everyone & thanks. :D

I've seen people with over 1 000 recs for only one house! I love it! It's very impressive. I don't even have a 1 000 recs for all the uploads I did.

@Svlyn: actually I'm not trying to get those numbers. I'd love too though, but I know I can't put in the same amount of time, work, & energy people do. They've a lot of talent and love for the game, I'm very much impressed. I think I'm spending too much time on the site already, thinking about cutting down. But I have love for the game, I believe now from all the comments here, that it's a matter of who has more love for the game. The simmers with more love and thus, who've been playing from Sims to sims 3, get a much deserved recognition. :thumbup:

PS I saw your message on my page before I read your comments here, so I understand now. Thanks. :D