Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townlife Stuff Pack Chat Replay Link Up Now On First Page Updated

Here is the link
Replay
http://simsvip.com/?p=2391

The exclusive item is a poster and possibly a pet collar.

Comments

• Options
    brownsrockbrownsrock Posts: 424 New Member
    edited June 2011
    EDIT: OOPS! So much for creating a new thread.
  • Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited June 2011
    Glad you posted this Catloverplayer

I noticed that SimGuruJenn has been posting here and there on this TL forum and I for one appreciate it. I believe she has talked about adult hair and lots sizes (via twitter). I hope she puts out more info like this PLUS I would like to know if the new Cafe has the eat outside interaction. None of the Hogan's or Bruxton diners have that option.

Overall I am glad that we will have different town build/design options.

Quotes from SimGuruJenn:
    There are 4 new hairs in TS3 Town Life Stuff. 3 adult (2: female Sims, 1: Male Sims) and 1 that works on both male and female children.
    Hi Everyone!

The lots are from left to right:

Laundromat Venue - Sudsy Time Laundry
    Gym Venue - Mr. Crunches Fitness
    School - Par Excellence Preparatory School
    Library Venue - Noble Tome Library
    Center: an early version of the new park. - Ray of Sunshine Park

You can see an updated screenshot of the park (and some of the other lots) here: http://www.thesims3.com/game/sp4/items

KD

Edit-to add quotes
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2011
    The cafe should have seating outside because it's also called a Bistro. If it doesn't I won't be replacing the current Diner of Bistro with it and using it.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2011
    arghhhhhh kdluvs
    that link showing the drawings of the stuff has just totally put me off buying the pack .
    This might well be the first ever sp i have not bought for the sims since they first started doing them
  • Options
    SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2011

I noticed that SimGuruJenn has been posting here and there on this TL forum and I for one appreciate it. I believe she has talked about adult hair and lots sizes (via twitter). I hope she puts out more info like this PLUS I would like to know if the new Cafe has the eat outside interaction. None of the Hogan's or Bruxton diners have that option.

Edit-to add quotes

The Scrumptious Nibbles Café has the same interactions as other Bistro rabbitholes but there's lots of outside seating.
  • Options
    edited June 2011

Edit-to add quotes

The Scrumptious Nibbles Café has the same interactions as other Bistro rabbitholes but there's lots of outside seating.

Thank you simguru Jenn for the reply. Does that mean there are atleast 4 chairs to every table? I'd love to have my whole sim family eat outside including the two children and their parents.

I can't wait to see the video chat next week. I hope you will be showing off all the rabbitholes and the new non rabbitholes as well. I can't wait to find out more about the laundrymat.
  • Options
    SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you simguru Jenn for the reply. Does that mean there are atleast 4 chairs to every table? I'd love to have my whole sim family eat outside including the two children and their parents.

I can't wait to see the video chat next week. I hope you will be showing off all the rabbitholes and the new non rabbitholes as well. I can't wait to find out more about the laundrymat.

The tables have between 1 and 3 chairs, but the tables are close enough that you can watch your kids carefully and still enjoy eating at the adult table. :lol:
  • Options
    mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    edited June 2011
    If only we'd know of some houses that would come with this pack!
  • Options
    kdluvshersimskdluvshersims Posts: 291 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank You for clearing up info about the Cafe SimGuruJenn!

I am looking forward to additional info being released on the 8th.

@Catloverplayer-don't forget you can always change the tables outside of the Bistro/Cafe so you can sit more than 1-3 sims at a table. Just something to consider-having one or two intimate tables for dating sims and then adding larger tables for group outings.

KD
  • Options
    brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait! The new School looks very modern and would fit in very well in a city rather than the old ones
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just a friendly reminder were 1 day away from this video chat. Make sure you don't miss it if you are interested in TL. I can't wait to find out about this new exclusive their going to be talking about. I will be preordering my copy tomorrow at my local Gamestop.
  • Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited July 2011
    i have to work. my schedule changed recently.
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited July 2011
    Actually, it comes out 7-26-11. 21 days away.
    Just got an e-mail.about it from EA.

This is whats included:

Enhance your Sims' neighborhoods and homes with new community venues, home décor, and style options. Customize an elegant library or a high-tech gym and watch your Sims unwind in the Scrumptious Nibbles Café.

FEATURING

• Pre-built venues and lots - spectacular ready-to-go venues and settings
    • Fit & fresh - high-tech gyms and washer and dryer sets
    • Time to unwind - sunny bungalow jungle gym and chess by the fountain
    • Study or story time - elegant library with accessories and specialized sections
    • New casual outfits & hairstyles - for running errands, working out, or hanging out

wicked, evil, mean, and nasty. :evil: :twisted:
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited July 2011
    Learn how to revamp your Sims world with the latest The Sims 3 stuff! Build a new chic library, high-tech gym, sunny bungalow playground, or new state of the art Laundromat!

I think this game has been hyped. Remember with the earlier SP like OL? They would keep going on about how amazing this stuff pack was because it came with outdoor furniture. Well it did just do that.

It's as if they come with a game featuring a chair, a table and a lamp. So they will hype it up with saying things like: omg a chair for your sims to sit on and an amazing never before seen table for your sims to eat on and also an amazing all exclusive lamp that your sims can switch on and..wait for it... and off! All this plus more. The plus more would be something like a small plant.

My point is...in the different towns on the game..there's already a gym, a library and a playground. Especially now with generations. So why do we need a stuff pack giving us something we already have. It was just the same with outdoor living. It would be nice if they could make stuff packs that gives us something we don't already have. Oh and my guess is that these new venues are rabbit holes and a library, a gym, a laundromat (which we already got from ambitions) and a playground.

And this omgzomg like amazing all exclusive item...I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's probably a different stack of towels=item just for show.

If my prediction does come true, I will scream my head off in a complete rage and fury! LOL
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2011
    I am totally excited about this stuff pack. Normally, I don't preorder SP, but I did for this one. It's because I am looking forward to the pre-built venues and community lots--and an exclusive item? It's icing on the cake!

Happy Simming, everyone! :)
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2011
    Whats the release date for Aussie land? as every time I ask the EA store near me they cannot give me a date yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    gr1zzly wrote:
    Actually, it comes out 7-26-11. 21 days away.
    Just got an e-mail.about it from EA.

This is whats included:

Enhance your Sims' neighborhoods and homes with new community venues, home décor, and style options. Customize an elegant library or a high-tech gym and watch your Sims unwind in the Scrumptious Nibbles Café.

FEATURING

• Pre-built venues and lots - spectacular ready-to-go venues and settings
    • Fit & fresh - high-tech gyms and washer and dryer sets
    • Time to unwind - sunny bungalow jungle gym and chess by the fountain
    • Study or story time - elegant library with accessories and specialized sections
    • New casual outfits & hairstyles - for running errands, working out, or hanging out

wicked, evil, mean, and nasty. :evil: :twisted:

No I'm talking about the chat. July 26th is when the sp releases. The chat is to take place July 8th Friday.
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you and isn't that chat going on now????
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2011
    Learn how to revamp your Sims world with the latest The Sims 3 stuff! Build a new chic library, high-tech gym, sunny bungalow playground, or new state of the art Laundromat!

I think this game has been hyped. Remember with the earlier SP like OL? They would keep going on about how amazing this stuff pack was because it came with outdoor furniture. Well it did just do that.

It's as if they come with a game featuring a chair, a table and a lamp. So they will hype it up with saying things like: omg a chair for your sims to sit on and an amazing never before seen table for your sims to eat on and also an amazing all exclusive lamp that your sims can switch on and..wait for it... and off! All this plus more. The plus more would be something like a small plant.

My point is...in the different towns on the game..there's already a gym, a library and a playground. Especially now with generations. So why do we need a stuff pack giving us something we already have. It was just the same with outdoor living. It would be nice if they could make stuff packs that gives us something we don't already have. Oh and my guess is that these new venues are rabbit holes and a library, a gym, a laundromat (which we already got from ambitions) and a playground.

And this omgzomg like amazing all exclusive item...I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's probably a different stack of towels=item just for show.

If my prediction does come true, I will scream my head off in a complete rage and fury! LOL

With more people creating their own towns with Create A World (which I wish would come out for Macs!), and sharing them on the Exchange, there's a need for some different looking buildings. Especially in some of the larger towns (1024 x 1024 and 2048 x 2048 worlds), if you only have a single school, single library, single bookstore/grocery, etc.), your Sims who live on the far side of town are going to end up spending all their time just getting from Point A to Point B. With these items, you could have a couple of different shopping/entertainment areas, like larger cities that have a main downtown as well as one or more subsidiary shopping districts. Many towns will have a main library and one or more branch libraries; you can set up your town to have one library in each neighborhood area, so when your kids get out of school you can send them there to do their homework, or adult Sims can stop by there after work to read skill books. (Future idea: how about allowing Sims to check out books for a day or two, with fines if they return the books late?) I've added the Gothique library to one of my towns and it's really handy to have one closer to my Sims.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2011
    noddy wrote:
    Thank you and isn't that chat going on now????

According to the link, it's at 10:30 am Pacific time; it's only 11:40 pm right now. Unfortunately I'll probably miss it; my mother-in-law is in the hospital (nothing major, just majorly annoying) so will probably have to head up to see what she needs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Just saw it. The stuff and new rabbitholes are awesome. I love the library,gym and laudrymat. They have a lot of new clutter and have added some nice lights as well. Oh and I love the sectional seating. :D
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited July 2011
    Just saw it. The stuff and new rabbitholes are awesome. I love the library,gym and laudrymat. They have a lot of new clutter and have added some nice lights as well. Oh and I love the sectional seating. :D
    I so forgot about this (When you are my age, you do that). Did they say anything we did not know about from the previews? I can't believe I forgot(The curse of being over 40 years old). Thanks Cat for the info.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've already watched the video twice already--I'm so excited. :)

Two new things that I am excited for are the new geometric room dividers--very neat(!)--and the new laptop (which was in the library). I love it!

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well I am not buying it I got ripped off enough from EA and they can keep it. I dont' want more of the same thing. I dont want causual clothing for my sims, my sims party they want some party clothes. Like ball gowns and fancy dresses maybe some costumes.
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thank you for the link, I just watched it. I love the cafe.