Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*How do you feel about your lots being used in Create A World?*

lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member

Hiya ,
I was wondering what is the general feeling of using lots in uploaded Created Worlds? Is it general acceptable user etiquette, to post a link and ,in the lot description use the name of the creator?

I would like to use some lot by creators, but it is proving a very long and difficult process: For example, some of the people I have friend to ask permission, still haven't answered back and it has been over 2 months! which is really holding up my work.

I wish they where guidelines about this.Building world is already as diffcult as it is.

Comments

• svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited June 2011
    ummm i personally dont care, If a world builder uses my lots i am honored tbh. I really dont care if my name is mentioned either because i have built a world and know the hard work and effort that goes into them and if a world builder decides to add a lot I built its exciting. If you know who the lot builders are i would just add their name to the lot in the world..like this lot was created by...
  • singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't mind as long as they ask and give me credit in the description.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited June 2011
    Flattered. :D Wouldn't even need to ask, as long as there's a blurb in there somewhere with my name on it. :mrgreen:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • bdoug24bdoug24 Posts: 527 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I feel the same way. For me it would kind of be a WOW THEY USED MY HOUSE :-o reaction
  • Sims3WierdoSims3Wierdo Posts: 74 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'd say go for it! Ask if you're unsure, but if someone uploaded the house, it means they want to share it. I'd still give them credit in the description of the house, though, just to be nice.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't mind if someone used my builds.But credit is a must.And I wouldn't want someone reuploading my house to their creations or passing my house around for competitions etc.And even if someone edits the house, does not give them the right to upload it to the exchange and take credit.XD But luckily, I don't upload much so I don't have to worry.:P

I'd still give them credit in the description of the house, though, just to be nice.

If you didn't make it, then you should always give credit.This shouldn't be an option, it should always be required to give credit to someone for making something.
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks so much for the response! I agree with all the comments and feel that giving credit for a creation is a must.

I welcome all comments are feeling about this.
  • jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited June 2011
    I've only made a couple lots that I've uploaded to the exchange, but I would feel honored if someone thought they were good enough to add to their world. It would be nice to be mentioned, so other people could download them too. I'd love to reach 100 recommedations!! LOL!
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
    edited June 2011
    jobug1015 wrote:
    I've only made a couple lots that I've uploaded to the exchange, but I would feel honored if someone thought they were good enough to add to their world. It would be nice to be mentioned, so other people could download them too. I'd love to reach 100 recommedations!! LOL!

Hiya , I went through your studio and recommend your creations , I really like Elizabeth Childers and I love the stars pattern , bookmarked.

thank you for takining the time to reply.
  • SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2011
    I dont mind if mine are used either though I do like to be recognized as the primary creater of it IE just leave my user name in the description box
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it would be an honour and a real compliment to use other peoples' lots in your world. It would also make a really interesting world with lots of different styles :)
    apple-signature.png
  • kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited June 2011
    My belief is we are uploading to share with others. If someone wanted to use the builds in thier CAW world, It would be like saying your builds are wonderful, I want them in my world.
    I do agree thou, that some mention, like built by in the house description would be nice.

Who has not answered you back. Maybe we know another site you can reach them on?

kim :D
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited June 2011
    lovingreds wrote:
    jobug1015 wrote:

Hiya , I went through your studio and recommend your creations , I really like Elizabeth Childers and I love the stars pattern , bookmarked.

thank you for takining the time to reply.

Oh wow!! Thank you so much! I love your back to school collection! On my way to pick up a few new outfits and rec!! :)
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited June 2011
    I wouldn't mind it either if my lots were used, as long as I get credit for them :D
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
    edited June 2011
    kimjo313 wrote:
    My belief is we are uploading to share with others. If someone wanted to use the builds in thier CAW world, It would be like saying your builds are wonderful, I want them in my world.
    I do agree thou, that some mention, like built by in the house description would be nice.

Who has not answered you back. Maybe we know another site you can reach them on?

kim :D

Hiya , thank for replying , No one in particular, I just wanted to get a wide range of views to work from
  • jorygomesjorygomes Posts: 2,119
    edited June 2011
    go for it! people would feel flattered
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2011
    You can use mine too. :thumbup:
    edited June 2011
    dbaa wrote:
    You can use mine too. :thumbup:

Hiya I really like your lot Villa Penasco, I also recommend your lots.
    thanks for replying.

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2011
    bdoug24 wrote:
    I feel the same way. For me it would kind of be a WOW THEY USED MY HOUSE :-o reaction

this :wink:
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited July 2011

Just a quick thank you, to everyone who took the time to reply, I really appreciate the feedback.