Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• KaiyahKaiyah Posts: 1,194 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Here's my new favorite little easter egg:
    You can paint the pink social bunny on the easel. It is my favorite painting thus far. :lol:
  • AkaaraAkaara Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There's a guy in the game named Cycl0n3 Sw0rd. Apparently someone won a contest and he got to make a character to be put into sims3. I think it's kind of cool but was really odd when I first saw him.
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Kaen wrote:
    Lolsicles wrote:
    - There's another Koffi in Sunset Valley, found in the cemetary. I don't know how the ghost is related to Gobias, but his name's G aylord Koffi. Everyone's saying how Gobias is similar to a character from Arrested Development, so does this Koffi relate to the show too?

The Gobias Koffi reference is from the episode where Gob and Tobias are challenged by Michael to come up with their own business plan to get money rather than continually asking Michael for it. They come up with the idea to open a coffee shop under the company name "Gobias industries, as in Gobias [Go buy us] some coffee". So, Gobias Koffi is Go Buy Us Some Coffee.

haha thats what i thought when i read 'gobias koffi' after seeing his name the first time and then i realised it was like go buy us coffee XD didnt know the story behind it though
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    Seems like we've found the same stuff! :lol:
    I haven't much other than that.

I think it's odd though, that you need apples to make pancakes.

and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. LOL! Why!?
  • AndrewBot88AndrewBot88 Posts: 566 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Someone probably already posted it, but your sim can paint a picture of a SPORE creature.
  • harrysamharrysam Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    if you scream yappa 3 times really fast you can actually see me getting more wrinkles
  • HighTimes800HighTimes800 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ok two easter eggs my sim is an accomplished painter/writer so her lkifetime goal was illustrious author and so ive done my best to keep her happy and accomplished. she completed all the little goal for the painting skill she has painted tnhe venus di milo and the mona lisa but they both had a twist on them.
    Screenshot-137.jpg

Screenshot-172.jpg
  • buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited July 2009
    people on the street can just walk into a party

i had my enemy come in boy my sim was not happy
  • jaybird10001jaybird10001 Posts: 1,442 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This is what ive found out:
    You can find a diamond out back behind the criminal werehouse
    Sims usually find rare seeds while exploring the catacombs
    There is a deathflower in the graveyard but only one sim can harvest it per town
    If you create a family with twins or triplets then they will be more likely to have twins or triplets
    Twins and triplets almost NEVER look identicle
    If you feed the omni plant behind the science facility it will grow what ever you feed it
    When you breed 2 different ghost sims their baby wont look interesting it will be the same color as one of its parents.
    Any age ghosts (toddlers kids and babies i think) can return to the "Netherworld" and haunt at night.
    To increase chances of getting a baby girl when your sim is pregnant eat three watermelons for a boy eat three apples
    If your sim is level 4 in criminal career then if they work hard they get arrested!
  • angelface98angelface98 Posts: 272 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

I have to say that is extremely creepy.
    :shock:
    i was wondering where does the gnome show up alot.. :roll: :?:
  • Haute_MamaHaute_Mama Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    How about Gobias Koffi? I think he's a reference to Arrested Development. Not only does he look like Tobias from the show but he has the never-nude trait. This is definitely to the show.

Yeah I lol'd when I saw that. He's also a loser and innappropriate (I think)
    Also, Gobias is a mesh of Tobias and Gob- the losery magician brother in law and my favorite Arrested Development character.
  • AdlynAdlyn Posts: 493 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hope noone said this , was too lazy to read all the posts,
    but there is a deathflower bush at the entry before getting to the catacombs. you can harvest the bush and you get a deathflower :)
  • BrightfireBrightfire Posts: 121 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It appears you can also paint the future.

This sim painted a scene from the Sims 1 game of Bella as an adult and her child Cassandra in the family graveyard

screenshot_original.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited July 2009
    How to you plant eggs/cheese? I tried twice to do it and it doesn't work. The only book by Alexander Goth is Murder in Pleasntview.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • AdlynAdlyn Posts: 493 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MadameLee wrote:
    How to you plant eggs/cheese? I tried twice to do it and it doesn't work. The only book by Alexander Goth is Murder in Pleasntview.
    that is funny, well u cant plant eggs and cheese do u plant them in real life? :shock:
  • ZetawilkZetawilk Posts: 852 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Has this thread actually found any REAL easter eggs, or just self-referential humor? Games don't have easter eggs in them anymore because plutocratic companies and corporatized everything down to its last modicum to remove every bit of soul from its essence.
  • BlazeIvesBlazeIves Posts: 1,135 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zetawilk wrote:
    Has this thread actually found any REAL easter eggs, or just self-referential humor? Games don't have easter eggs in them anymore because plutocratic companies and corporatized everything down to its last modicum to remove every bit of soul from its essence.
    Why must you be such a jerk about this crap? You talka bout the lack of soul and here you are reporting people and putting them down you soul-less jerk
  • lettuceoutlettuceout Posts: 241 New Member
    edited July 2009
    cheese trees? i had no idea. that is super sweet.
  • unsureunsure Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I only have two towns, where is this?? :(:cry: :?
  • Toria69Toria69 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Adlyn wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    that is funny, well u cant plant eggs and cheese do u plant them in real life? :shock:

To be able to plant eggs - for an eggplant and cheese - for a cheese plant, you need to have a gardening trait and also have at least 9 gardening skill. Once you have attained these you will be asked by the restaurant to delivery excellent or better produce, once you have delivered these the guy gives you a 'special' piece of cheese and a 'special' egg (they're not actually special, as any cheese & egg will grow) which you can go and plant. Once you have planted these you can plant any old cheese or eggs.

Also, once you find the Omni plant behind the lab you can feed it anything, sausages, steak, fish - I like to feed it Death Fish and continuously make Ambrosia without any effort at all!

• skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Gouka989 wrote:
    There seems to be a lot of subtle little things in this game. I get quite a kick watching my Sims wife, Blair Wainright. She's both a genius and childish, so it's really funny to watch her either stopping in the middle of something to get a lightbulb ballon over her head and then talk about something, or to start doing a little hand puppet play with her changing her voices for the two hand 'characters'.

She will also play with any toy, not to mention her bubble baths with the duck. :D

Only odd thing I've seen so far, well odd as in out of place, was when I was hiking up near the military base and I came across this dude in a lab coat in the middle of the wilderness standing there reading a book! Turned out it was Geoffrey Landgraab. We chatted for a bit, and then afterwards he took off running back into town. Probably caught him plotting something nefarious. 8)

I agree, I love the Wainrights! I played with them for a while, and one day, Mr. Wainright came home burnt and fried from an experiment that had gone awry, he looked hysterical! I wasn't sure if he'd have to go to the hospital, or just take a bath, but just taking a bath seemed to fix him up lol.

Then I changed households and played with another character, Christopher Steel, who is also a blast to play with because he is extreme and loves to fish. My aging is turned off, unfortunately the townies age anyway, so the Wainrights aged and their personalities have also changed to couch potato etc. which is really strange to see.

Kindof frustrating that they age, when the aging is turned off. but anyway.

I love the game ... I haven't found a way into the catacombs you all speak about yet.

I see the eyes watching me out of the mine but I cannot go inside.

... there is a nice omni plant you can feed and harvest at the science lab ... I haven't found an omni plant seed yet though, and I also have not found a flame fruit seed yet ... but i have a ton of seeds and my Sims are top gardeners ...

• skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MadGod wrote:
    I like that you can name your bears and fish and collected bugs. ^^ I made my teddy look like a thirf and named him Mr. Burgles. Hee!

I need to find that mine! O_O And I want a creepy gnome too!

*Posts after reading from several pages back*

aww that's cute ... Mr. Burgles ...

I wanted to keep my butterflies flying around in the house, so I set one free in the house, but he just vanished. Maybe he is hiding underneath the bed, I dunno.

I wonder how to get into that domed area by the science lab? I guess I need to finish my science career to know. Maybe.

Surely there is a way.

• 1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    edited July 2009
    I posted this in another forum, but when you enter the market, you can hear the hotel lobby music from Mysims.
  • StrawberrySwirlStrawberrySwirl Posts: 1,218 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If your sim is level 4 in criminal career then if they work hard they get arrested!

D: NO WONDER my Sim kept getting arrested every time she went to work!
  • bennsydbennsyd Posts: 1,183 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Maybe it's just me but anyways! You know when you pay like 400$ to earn a skill (for example a logic skill) well I was at level 9 in cooking and I got tiered of reading books and cooking and stuff so I paid the 400$, came out and checked my skills. IT WAS STILL AT LEVEL 9! So, ''it can only be used for the first skill'' :evil: I WAS SO MAD MAD MAD MAD!! :thumbdown: :XD: :lol::mrgreen: 8)