Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You think you got the best 120 Wright Way lot in Sunset Valley? Contest Showcased here.

dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
I still haven't seen a better lot than mine, designed especially to fit 120 Wright Way, since 2009. The best way to find out is for members around the world to prove me wrong.

Rules:
    1. 8) The lot has to be already uploaded on the Exchange as of today Sunday, June 12th 2011.
    2. Only members not entering a lot are allowed to vote.
    3. The winner will get his lot recommended by all the voters.
    4. You may change your vote as many times as you want until the deadline.
    5. Voting & entries end June 12th 2014.
    6. :( Voting may end if there are no more entries for over a month.
    7. 8) Contestants allowed only 3 pictures total, not necessarily posted the same day, but together, not spread all over the thread.

:DThe main idea is to have fun with this contest & showcase your lot.

MY ENTRY:
Villa Penasco

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/494/032/001/00/screenshot_original.jpg"height=400 width=640"[/img]

Villa Penasco - EP3 - 2011

[IMG]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/066/785/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg"height=400 width=640"[/IMG]

DOWNLOAD

Thread

Comments

• svlynsvlyn Posts: 4,409 Member
    edited June 2011
    I gave you a rec, i love this house btw. Oh and i have been looking forever for a house that fits on that lot. I was going to build one but you have done that for me. I downloaded this lot. I am in the process of rebuilding my SV into an ultra modern city and this lot fits the them nicely thank you.
  • dbaadbaa Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2011
    svlyn wrote:
    I gave you a rec, i love this house btw. Oh and i have been looking forever for a house that fits on that lot. I was going to build one but you have done that for me. I downloaded this lot. I am in the process of rebuilding my SV into an ultra modern city and this lot fits the them nicely thank you.

Excellent! Thanks! You know, I've seen fantastic builds for that 120 Wright Way lot, but they did not allow access to the lot from the lower side. That's the main thing I think was missing.

Otherwise, my lot still needs a few improvements such as the interior foundation in Sims 2, that we used to simulate gardens, remember? Those are missing on three different terraces. I guess for now, we can use half walls to do it, & fill it with bushes & flowers. :mrgreen:
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 214 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi Dbaa!
    I happily accept your proposal! :mrgreen:
    We, as contestants, are allowed to post only ONE house, isn't it?
    So, i choose this one (I made two houses for this lot)
    ...hope you like it!
    :mrgreen:

2nai90j.jpg

11r9hub.jpg

1179zs7.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Federico wrote:
    Hi Dbaa!
    I happily accept your proposal! :mrgreen:
    We, as contestants, are allowed to post only ONE house, isn't it?
    So, i choose this one (I made two houses for this lot)
    ...hope you like it!
    :mrgreen:

Hi Federico, I like it. I think I dl'ed the other one that I liked better. :thumbup:
    edited June 2011
    d^_^b
    edited June 2011
    Any other S V 120 W W lots out there? :roll:
    edited June 2011
    :roll:
  • stuartjames3011stuartjames3011 Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the invite! :D

Here's mine:

Wasaba House

An modern home, perfect for a celebrity or... Lot Name: Wasaba House

Lot address, size, and final cost: 120 Wright Way, Sunset Valley, 30x30 (S219,107)

Details and Rational: A modern home says to me bright, light, open-plan, space, block-like, lots of glass and these clients have been given exactly that!
    The entrance leads through a screened colonnade that might protect the clients from any unwanted sunlight during the day. From the path one can see the studio across the courtyard. The studio is fitted out with a fire place, book shelves, an easel and a design desk and also a chess set. On entering the house we see modern media room with giant TV screen, with a bar and a study off to the side. Naturally this is all surrounded in glass.

We head down the stairs into the main area of the house to the party room. Because the clients actually live here, I decided not to make it too club-like (there are plenty of those in Bridge Port), but more along the lines of sophistication and class. On a platform sits a grand piano and double bass. These two know enough musicians to hold jazz some evenings, classical evenings another or jamming sessions, too. Behind the stage is an indoor swimming pool which is vaulted by the double storey. In front of the stage there is a dance floor and there is also a bar, and connecting kitchen. Beyond the party room, is bathroom, just in case a guest might need to powder their nose.

From there we continue into the open-plan lounge and dining room which all look out over spectacular views. I have made use of wonderful art in this room, some interesting furniture and very unique textures.

This is an up-side-down house, so all five bedrooms are underground. Because of the nature of the clients, I thought it best that they might be able to sleep better with no sun light, especially because they seem busiest at night... All five bedrooms have access to en suites. The bedrooms have all been individualised with rich, sumptuous fabrics that we had specially printed in various hues of the same colour scheme.

Throughout the house is decorated in black and white, but playing on the textures used, whether that be metals, rubber, leather, or silk-like fabrics. Even the walls of the house have reflective and shiny surfaces, so the whole house takes on a life of its own throughout the day, depending on the time of day and the way the sun of moon plays on surfaces.

As requested, there is minimal landscaping. I have also included some rather interesting sculptures on the lot. And, in the garage is a shiny new car and laundry area.

There is a little surprise on this lot.... let me know if you find... er... it... ?!

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3319652

Screenshot-140.jpg

Screenshot-139.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Entrance

Screenshot-19.jpg
    Media Room / Office

Screenshot-21.jpg
    A view from the Office

Let's go down to the party room
    Screenshot-24.jpg

Screenshot-29.jpg
    The view from the pool

Screenshot-32.jpg
    The Kitchen / Bar

Screenshot-95.jpg
    Pool, stage, dance floor, kitchen, bar

Screenshot-76.jpg
    Bar / Kitchen

Screenshot-97.jpg
    View into Living Room

Screenshot-78.jpg
    Even the bathroom has a view!

Screenshot-51.jpg
    Living Room

Screenshot-43.jpg
    Living Room

Screenshot-46.jpg
    Drawing Room

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Drawing Room

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Drawing Room

Screenshot-50.jpg
    Drawing Room

Let’s go downstairs to the bedrooms

Screenshot-102.jpg
    Corridor

Screenshot-100.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg
    Bedroom 1

Screenshot-104.jpg
    Bedroom 2

Screenshot-105.jpg
    Bathroom 2

Screenshot-106.jpg
    Bedroom 3

Screenshot-108.jpg
    Bathroom 3

Screenshot-109.jpg
    Bedroom 4

Screenshot-111.jpg
    Bedroom 5

Screenshot-114.jpg
    Bathroom 4

The sun is setting....
    Screenshot-90.jpg

That can only mean one thing!
    Screenshot-120.jpg

Screenshot-128.jpg

Screenshot-129.jpg

Screenshot-130.jpg

Screenshot-131.jpg

Screenshot-132.jpg

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Namaste

That will do! The rest of the pics are here: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/Stu-Art_James/Wasaka/
    edited June 2011
    I like that lot, StuartJames, but you posted way too many pictures. :roll:
    edited June 2011
    More entries for 120 Wright Way lots, please. Spread the word. 8)
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    Please post your 120 Wright Way lots here to enter contest. :D
    edited June 2011
    Contest open until june 12th 2014. :thumbup:
    edited June 2011
    Saturday June 18th, 2011, 9:22 AM, Ivory Coast, GMT, (local time). Over 400 000 online, guests & registered members cpmbined. The most I've seen so far. There should be at least a 1 000 members whom have built at least one or two, 120 Wright Way lot, in Sunset Valley, & that they would like to showcase in the contest here? That would be cool. 8)
  • LOVESTOSKATELOVESTOSKATE Posts: 1,868 New Member
    edited June 2011
    So, wait could I build one and then post it or does it already have to be built?
    edited June 2011
    So, wait could I build one and then post it or does it already have to be built?

It has to be already built, otherwise it wouldn't be fair to get inspiration from all the other lots. Federico, StuartJames, and I did not know eachother before. :mrgreen:

But I'm sure you probably know members who have built on the 120 W W lot in S V. :D You could invite them, that would be nice of you LOVESTOSKATE. :thumbup:
    edited June 2011
  • gokukarengokukaren Posts: 1,247 New Member
    edited July 2011
    It's probably too late for the contest but I did enjoy the challenge of that lot and built a home called Geyser Cliff.
    Enjoy!

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg