Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairs/Carnivals in The Sims 3: Seasons

Who thinks there should be fairs/carnivals in The Sims 3: Seasons:D
With ferris wheels, those roller coasters from The Sims: Makin' Magic, but improved, golf from The Sims 1, gypsies, horse shoe game for the family, lots of activities, cotton candy, etc.

There should also be RVs, camping, boating, wind surfing from the Wii, yoga, swimming in the ocean and all other water areas, skate boarding, and skate boarding parks like the Wii.

Sun tanning, skiing, sports, adjustable sliders for each season, and a choice of each one you want, natural disasters. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, thunder storms, etc.. Black outs where you can use no electronics, and all rabbit holes are closed.

Sports! Basketball, football,soccer, track, and more! Diving board, pool slide, pool table, and more! Kids, and adults, can sign up for these as after school hobbies, or as a full time proffesions(Adults)
They will practice at school, at a friends, and at school. They will have games every 2 simdays. If they were in the sport as a kid, they may get an advance in their career as adults.

School band for kids! they sign up after school, and they get an instrument in their inventory. They practice at home, and level up from 3rd chair to 1st chair. They may get oppurtunities to come play at the football gamegoing on at the stadium. Marching. Marching band. Kids will get an oppurtunity as a teen before they get out of school to come march in the town parade. They will exit the school with other kids and you will see them march through town. There mightba a surprise rehersal at the band teachers house, or at a classmates house.

Camping. Their is a new lt type call camp director. This is where you go/call to sign up for a camping trip. After this, you will be able to go anywher in the town, where land is smooth, and set up a camp fire, tent(s), sleepin bags and live off the land, or food you brougt in the cooler.

What do you think:?:

Comments

• Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think the camping, sports, an band would be cool. Also if they could swim in oceans and lakes that would be awsome!
  • Options
    laurenxxosimlaurenxxosim Posts: 453
    edited June 2011
    I think you should be working for EA !
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited June 2011
    I love the idea :)
  • Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2011
    Ive been wanting a Carnival type expansion pack for years, constantly messaging EA about it, dont think they are listening. Its a must have EP I reckon.

A Carnival type EP should include some thing like Make your own type of Theme Park from Carnivals to a bustling Theme Park in the city, with Carnies NPC's, Sideshow Alley, the infamous Haunted House, etc. Please EA listen to it again.
  • Options
    Laru95Laru95 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2011
    With ferris wheels, those roller coasters from The Sims: Makin' Magic, but improved, golf from The Sims 1, gypsies, horse shoe game for the family, lots of activities, cotton candy, etc.

There should also be RVs, camping, boating, wind surfing from the Wii, yoga, swimming in the ocean and all other water areas, skate boarding, and skate boarding parks like the Wii.

Sun tanning, skiing, sports, adjustable sliders for each season, and a choice of each one you want, natural disasters. Flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, thunder storms, etc.. Black outs where you can use no electronics, and all rabbit holes are closed.

Sports! Basketball, football,soccer, track, and more! Diving board, pool slide, pool table, and more! Kids, and adults, can sign up for these as after school hobbies, or as a full time proffesions(Adults)
    They will practice at school, at a friends, and at school. They will have games every 2 simdays. If they were in the sport as a kid, they may get an advance in their career as adults.

School band for kids! they sign up after school, and they get an instrument in their inventory. They practice at home, and level up from 3rd chair to 1st chair. They may get oppurtunities to come play at the football gamegoing on at the stadium. Marching. Marching band. Kids will get an oppurtunity as a teen before they get out of school to come march in the town parade. They will exit the school with other kids and you will see them march through town. There mightba a surprise rehersal at the band teachers house, or at a classmates house.

Camping. Their is a new lt type call camp director. This is where you go/call to sign up for a camping trip. After this, you will be able to go anywher in the town, where land is smooth, and set up a camp fire, tent(s), sleepin bags and live off the land, or food you brougt in the cooler

PLUS holidays for each season! Like Christmas for winter, Halloween for autumn, Easter for spring and a summer brake for summer(3-4 simdays, and a great opportunity for the sims to do all these activities elijahhines had in his ideas).

THERE. Now if the Season EP would be just like this, EA could get some cookies :mrgreen:

• Options
    elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited June 2011
    Laru95 wrote:

Camping. Their is a new lt type call camp director. This is where you go/call to sign up for a camping trip. After this, you will be able to go anywher in the town, where land is smooth, and set up a camp fire, tent(s), sleepin bags and live off the land, or food you brougt in the cooler

PLUS holidays for each season! Like Christmas for winter, Halloween for autumn, Easter for spring and a summer brake for summer(3-4 simdays, and a great opportunity for the sims to do all these activities elijahhines had in his ideas).

THERE. Now if the Season EP would be just like this, EA could get some cookies :mrgreen:

Nic ideas:D
    I love 'em8)
    It would be so awesome to celebrate halloween with my sims, and go trick-or-treating:wink:
    It would also be aweome to have Christmas:D

You just buy an item set it down then you will have the option to wrap for Christmas, then set it under the tree! Santa might also show up! Easter paties could be held at parks by the mayor, and a ton of families show up and hide eggs and have the kids find them.

You could also have it at your house and invite family over to celebrate:D
    Summe vacaion would be awesom too! Kid wuld be more rebellious aroun this time:wink:

@Thesimdeej33

I've also been wanting a carnival EP:P
    I think it's 'bout time EA gave it to us:lol:

@Laurenxxosim

Thanks8)
    I'm thinking 'bout working there for The Sims or at Nintendo when I'm older:D

@Emjei12

@KalaniCool

So do I:wink:
    Especially band since I'm in it:P
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'd buy it! Since we already got gardening and fishing with the base game, weather isn't quite enough to fill an expansion on its own. I always thought carnivals, sports, or a combination of both would complement seasons really well. :)
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would like the skating ring back I realy enjoyed that in Sims 2. I also wish they could go skiing or cross country skiing and I don't really care for carnivals.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bump
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited June 2011
    I like the fair and carnival idea. It would be neat to have a prize cow or pig to take to the fair, or be able to make jam and pies to enter in a contest to win a blue ribbon.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have been thinking about that for a while now. We should see some amusement parks in the Sims 3! :D Like if your Sim was so go to a carnival with themselves or with another sim, they could bring home a stuffed animal. ;)
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Soo many good ideas. Don't think/want all of these in one EP though. Spread the good ideas around, will ya? :lol:
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Can we please talk about seasons if/when it is annouced please and thank you
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anthono wrote:
    Can we please talk about seasons if/when it is annouced please and thank you

But people talked about Pets in every single section before it was announced:wink:
    Anyways, Seasons might be next according to the thread titled "Seasons Might be Next":P

@Simgreen

It's just that simmers are always saying, "Seasons comes with so little. Why would you want to buy it?":(
    So I thought EA should fill it up with ideas:D
    But now I'm starting to think the carnival/fairs should go with Magic as a theme8)

@roflmaoxsarah

Stuffed animals would be nice:D
  • Options
    AreyanAreyan Posts: 85
    edited June 2011
    These are some of the things I've really waited for to happen with the sims 3. Especially something as basic as beeing able to swim in the ocean, the sports stuff and such.

But I just can't see natural disasters like devestating tornadoes and so happen. But I'm all in for unforseen events like snowdays where they have to close school and everything else, blackouts due to lightning for instance and the like to spice up the everyday life of the sims. Increased realism for the game just makes it more worthwhile playing. :D

Hope EA is reading this, because they could really benefit from using ideas like this that the players come up with. Beeing involed with and listening to the community is what makes great games. Just the way Bethesda is doing it.
  • Options
    LynxAQLynxAQ Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    My only worry about EA adding fairs and carnivals into the game is that they would no doubt use the same type of coding as they used to populate night clubs and you will just end up with empty fairs and carnivals just as you do with night clubs atm.

Otherwise theme park type expansion is something I have always dreamed of. Sims being able to ride roller coasters etc would be awesome.
  • Options
    KimiatKimiat Posts: 312
    edited June 2011
    I really don't want roller-coaster tycoon making a debut in condensed sim-form >.< No thanks. Fairs would fit in better if there were no gigantic rides like the Ferris wheel and were just simple things like haunted houses and feasts. If they add theme-park style rides and such they won't be getting any money from me, if they kept it simple, it would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    zollsazollsa Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think there awsome ideas, they really need to start including these sorts of things
  • Options
    gentjt32gentjt32 Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2011
    I like your fair/carnival idea. Here's one on the camping though. Instead of just a camping trip, have a summer camp for the weekend for the kids or teens. As for the musical insturments, how about a parade through town on special days? As for the fair, they can bring back them old skill games they had in Sims 1 Vacation. and Making Magic's cotton candy and popcorn stands. They dont have to go overboard with a bunch of rides or anything. The games would be plenty for me.
  • Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2011
    Laru95 wrote:

Nic ideas:D
    I love 'em8)
    It would be so awesome to celebrate halloween with my sims, and go trick-or-treating:wink:
    It would also be aweome to have Christmas:D

You just buy an item set it down then you will have the option to wrap for Christmas, then set it under the tree! Santa might also show up! Easter paties could be held at parks by the mayor, and a ton of families show up and hide eggs and have the kids find them.

You could also have it at your house and invite family over to celebrate:D
    Summe vacaion would be awesom too! Kid wuld be more rebellious aroun this time:wink:

@Thesimdeej33

I've also been wanting a carnival EP:P
    I think it's 'bout time EA gave it to us:lol:

@Laurenxxosim

Thanks8)
    I'm thinking 'bout working there for The Sims or at Nintendo when I'm older:D

@Emjei12

@KalaniCool

So do I:wink:
    Especially band since I'm in it:P
    That's so cool. I'm in band too!
  • Options
    don151516don151516 Posts: 761 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I absolutely love these ideas! I have always hoped for carnivals in the sims 3 and have tried to create pathetic ones with the items that we have.
  • Options
    Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2011
    yes that would be cool :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ALingle08ALingle08 Posts: 5
    edited July 2011
    gentjt32 wrote:
    I like your fair/carnival idea. Here's one on the camping though. Instead of just a camping trip, have a summer camp for the weekend for the kids or teens. As for the musical insturments, how about a parade through town on special days? As for the fair, they can bring back them old skill games they had in Sims 1 Vacation. and Making Magic's cotton candy and popcorn stands. They dont have to go overboard with a bunch of rides or anything. The games would be plenty for me.

I agree. No fancy rides necessary. Maybe just a ferris wheel or carousel and that's it. It should be mostly games and food stands. My town has "homecoming" ever year the third weekend in June, which is a little carnival with tons of games, delicious food, and just a handful of rides. It goes from wed to Sat and there's always a locally popular band every night. Everyone brings lawn chairs and sits and listens to the music. It's more about socializing than anything. That's what the sims carnival should be. A few rides & games, awesome food, and good friends.

I also like the idea of sports and band. Especially band because music is a passion of mine. I think you should be able to pick your instrument, so like I play the flute so my sim could too

And I agree with the summer camp idea over camping. I loved camp when I was a kid. It would be cool if kids from families in all the towns showed up at summer camp like they'd travelled to get there. Your kid could make friends with them and talk on the phone and invite them to stay over like you do with foreign friends with wa. They just couldn't go to the friends house.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited July 2011
    They should haave all that!!! I hope they really do, but flooding would be close to impossible.
  • Options
    TwilightxbTwilightxb Posts: 854 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I don't think fairs/carnivals should be in a separate EP, it wouldn't make sense for it to be with seasons. Also the kids band thing would probably never happen since kids cannot play any instruments.
    I love your other ideas though[: I have been dying to have my sims swim at the beaches since day one >.>
    Someone mentioned holidays, I would love that, but they would have to make up names for them since Christmas and Easter are tied into religion.