Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aantalia - A Mediterranean city: Rough BETA Version Up!

Comments

• SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2011
    wow I just love the look of this one
  • luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2011
    Great, tomorrow she will! I already know that where I live. :D
  • DreamInCompanyDreamInCompany Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    BETA RELEASE TODAY!!!! :D
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh, goodness, I've been having computer problems all day with getting it to export. I'm really sorry I couldn't get it up today, but I'll do my best tomorrow before I leave. Right now, about 80% of the buildings are done, since I ran a little short on time, but I'll still try and upload. Any ideas why it might not be working? It keeps saying "world export failed" when I click "select world to export" in CAW. Ugg!
    edited June 2011
    Maybe try to Mediafire.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
    edited June 2011
    BETA Version 1

Okay, I got it working, finally. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?60n953jjp4nac6t

It's not entirely finished since I misjudged how long it would take me to complete all the buildings and such, but most of the buildings are furnished. If there are any buildings that seem only half-furnished, it's just because I started them one day and then forgot what I was working on the next. :P I expect there will be many issues with this version, but hopefully nothing horrible. Just post here once you stumble accross one.

Also, can someone who doesn't have Generations and OLS let me know if it still works for them? It should, since I didn't use any of the objects from either, but you never know. Also, let me know if you find that any CC got uploaded with the world. I didn't use any, but it has happened to me before where it sneaks in there somehow.

Thanks!
  • yabajenyabajen Posts: 1,187 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Awesome :mrgreen:
    Downloading now, btw you should put the release info on the main page :wink:
    BETA Version 1

Okay, I got it working, finally. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?60n953jjp4nac6t

It's not entirely finished since I misjudged how long it would take me to complete all the buildings and such, but most of the buildings are furnished. If there are any buildings that seem only half-furnished, it's just because I started them one day and then forgot what I was working on the next. :P I expect there will be many issues with this version, but hopefully nothing horrible. Just post here once you stumble accross one.

Also, can someone who doesn't have Generations and OLS let me know if it still works for them? It should, since I didn't use any of the objects from either, but you never know. Also, let me know if you find that any CC got uploaded with the world. I didn't use any, but it has happened to me before where it sneaks in there somehow.

Thanks!
    edited June 2011
    It's lagging quite badly :(
    I have really good pc specs and I've played larger worlds before but for some reason this is taking literally minutes and I'm just in the initial set up stage (where you either pick a household or move one in to start playing) I can't scroll the map.
    :cry:
    edited June 2011
    K nevermind, figured out a trick and now its scrolling fine :)

This world is GORGEOUS
    Loving it so far :D
    edited June 2011
    Aantalia is adorable. I do not brake, nothing. But many inside the house is vacant. They will ever be built? But I have a few people gathered inside. In my opinion it is the Generation Expansion pack error. I am definitely going to play Aantalia. I like that used for windows, which I rarely use.
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited June 2011
    yabajen wrote:
    K nevermind, figured out a trick and now its scrolling fine :)

This world is GORGEOUS
    Loving it so far :D

Can you please tell us what you did to get rid of the lag. I'm very curious; Maybe your tricks will work for other worlds

I didn't play Antalia yet; just downloading. I understand that it's not finished yet cause it's still in Beta but I can't resist :mrgreen: It looks beautiful
  • TinTinnerson48TinTinnerson48 Posts: 4,151 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't had generations or ols, so I'll give it a go for you!:D
    I get back from vacation on Wednesday.
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited June 2011
    I plaid Antalia for couple of sim days; It's very beautiful! I think It Would make a great Resort World for a vacation. Too bad we don't have honeymoons in Sims 3. I didn't have any lags with this world; it pays flawlessly; I also noticed that some lots are unfinished (but that's ok for Beta); No routing issues were found

It has a very beautiful scenery! I love it

screenshot244p.jpg

That carousel deco looks really Cool :P Very creative :-)

screenshot243b.jpg

My sim was at the Salon and I saw the Tattoo Artist playing piano; Nice but funny indeed))

screenshot245m.jpg

In Average - you did a fantastic Job! The world looks Terrific!
  • Waung0Waung0 Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    I downloaded your world, and it's beautiful! By the way, there is a city in Turkey called Antalya. Did you base this off of it?
    edited June 2011
    If possible, I would like to be placed in a couple of lots 64x64. Because we have no capacity to bring the 60x60. You have only one 60x60 lots. There will not fit into a house that was built in 64x64. 60x60 but you can always put on the 64x64. Nice place lots of games I can add. I guess the trees interfere. Although it should not be. I put your house at inopportune.
    Luxurious VIP nightclub doorman horrible. Took 100 money, but were denied entry inside. :twisted:
    edited June 2011
    Library and there is no chair. Read while standing. It is not normal. Also, the book just fiction. There is no textbook. Or is there another library?
  • LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    edited June 2011
    Aantalia is gorgeous. I really love.

:wink:
  • werewolfsimwerewolfsim Posts: 327 New Member
    edited June 2011
    What expansions and/or stuff packs does this require?
  • Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited June 2011
    WOW your world is simply amazing, well thought-out layout, roads, and well decorated.
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    edited June 2011
    That carousel deco looks really Cool :P Very creative :-)

screenshot243b.jpg

I haven't downloaded this world yet. Have been having some crashes recently so am holding off installing more worlds. Is the carousel custom content or cleverly built from scratch using in-game items? Is it within a lot or hood decoration? Am very curious how this was created. Am assuming to rotate in-game items vertically that it would need to be built in CAW?

edited June 2011
    Carousel is not cc. Built with the game materials.
  • chocchikcookie12chocchikcookie12 Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited June 2011
    Downloading now :D It'll probably take a while but I'm definitely looking forward to playing :D
  • ricky1990ricky1990 Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    where i can find the download link?
  • crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited July 2011
    i would also like to download this world.

does anyone know where the link is?

thanks fellow simmers.