Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited July 2009
    Last night I was staging some shots for my story, and Lilith kept moving her head when I switched from buy mode to live mode. Grrrrr.

But I think I did figure out a bit of a workaround - if I didn't move the camera very much she usually didn't move, so I managed to get some of the shots I wanted.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • MaMeReMaMeRe Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I LOVE THE GAME :mrgreen:
  • pikajohnpikajohn Posts: 2,580 New Member
    edited July 2009
    -no piano
    -takes way too long to personalize your homes
    -not very good hair
    -you can't go in a lot of the community lots
    -the babies/toddlers get lonely EXTREMELY fast

there's probably more that bother me, but i can't think of them.

oh.. oops.. it said 1 thing. :oops:
    oh well. i said more. :D

-There will be a piano made out of hay bales in the next expansion, "The Sims, Country Stuff and Hay Bales"

-Personalizing your home only takes long if the person doing it takes long

-Babies get lonely in real life, especially if you put them on the ground outside of the diner so your sim can go inside and get drinks with your home girl Judy Bunch, you bad mother!
  • djcharding14djcharding14 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The LACK of objects in the game.
  • HelloLittleMonkeyHelloLittleMonkey Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    not even HALF as many cheats as TS2. i loved how u could control every aspect of the game so easily if u wanted to, but now its just too hard. Also, the sims look pudgy and gross.
  • Brinabear4Brinabear4 Posts: 767 Member
    edited July 2009
    No really nice hairstyles
  • DonneKDonneK Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There no nice hairstyles. And when the children come home from school they are always tired. And when your people go to work you can just see the outside and not go in the building. THAT IS WHAT SUCKS A BIT! :x
  • StephNewbieStephNewbie Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i HATE that when you switch households you lose alot of your invitory, even your fish and produce in your fridge!! I had collected diomonds, seeds, rocks, metals and had many "perfect" items....even my EXPENSIVE lifetime reward objects went missing!! :(
    edited July 2009
    Oh 1 more thing... my sim gets FAT really easily and she stays active..no negative traits either...

on another forum (sorry i cant remember to give credit) i saw someone post a tip. when your sims starts coughing while eating, that means they're full. CANCLE the interaction right away and you can store half a plate of food as leftovers! im gonna try that
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    enformer wrote:
    Its the hair.

They are all garbage lol.

Everything else I can redesign and color. But not the hair. The next EP probly will be called barbershop or hair care lol.

I agree. The hair is not my biggest pet peeve with TS3 but it does bother me that there is not a businessman's cut. The businessman's cut is a pretty standard cut and the first one I was taught in barber's school. So my full grown adults and elderly sims have to go to their job at the business building looking like washed up Emo muscians
  • Mfaw81PMfaw81P Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2009
    Theres no curly hair, and having more then one roof slope is a bit of a hassle to acheive.
    edited July 2009
    Mfaw81P wrote:
    Theres no curly hair, and having more then one roof slope is a bit of a hassle to acheive.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=31104

check this out... it may help
  • BugletBuglet Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The one thing that really irritated me was I made a couple both with the trait family something or other. Anyway we wanted lots of kids and we had 6 kids, couldn't have anymore...can't have more than 8 people in one household. What is that all about?
    All my kids were on the honour-role, mum was a housewife, Dad was a doctor and getting regular promotions, everyone was thriving but I wasn't allowed more kids :( I had to wait til they got older and then kick them out when they got to adult. Even then I couldn't get my 10 kids (got too old), I had to adopt...I wanted biological kids :(
    edited July 2009
    I do like TS3 but there are a number of things that bothers me about it. I am hoping that weather, objects, hair, and clothes (actually the list goes on) will be added to the base game with expansions. The biggest thing that bothers me is that townie sims and previous family member sims move out of town too frequent. Some have shrugged it off as "story progression" but really what does this "mass exodus" have to do with the story of my lone sim. Should my sim be looking for a way to leave Sunset Valley? His family and friends have all left Sunset Valley. Was there a plague? I mean, like, when he got on his bike to go visit his parents and the house was vacant. They just packed up and left, with no forwarding address. He probably wouldn't have minded as much if he was a loner. Well...Good riddance! no... maybe it just bothers me that when he goes to work he vanishes down a rabbit hole. Yeah that's it...just forget all about his family moving away...they always seemed like they loved him though.
    edited July 2009
    Mfaw81P wrote:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=31104

check this out... it may help

Hey! Thank-you. That helps a lot.
    edited July 2009
    SMRTASSCHK wrote:
    that they don't have the memories I really liked going back and remembering
    I miss the memories too. It was helpful especially when you stop playing for a while and you wanted to recap where your sim was in life.
  • music_is_my_worldmusic_is_my_world Posts: 3,484 New Member
    edited July 2009
    1thing?

Where can I start? :?:

It's good graphics and all but...

1. It takes top long to build a family with 6 people in (like I did this morning!)
    2. It takes too long to build a house
    3. The hair for females are better in the Sims 2
    4. You can't make your own neighbour hoods (I really hoped you could :( )

There are many more I can think of but I just can't be botherd to type them! :P

But one other thing. In the Sims Bustin' Out (for PS2) Malcom Langrab (sp?) was a adult...
    Is it me or has he decreased in age? :?
  • TheOneAndOnlyJDBTheOneAndOnlyJDB Posts: 111 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Losing inventories when switching active household...
  • MzRoadRunnaMzRoadRunna Posts: 324 Member
    edited July 2009
    n :evil:not enough paintings/pictures & home decor..... I have a very large house with pretty much the same pics in each room...aaaaarrrrgggggg! :twisted:
    ***** "I'm aware that I'm rare!" *****hdfmb47ln2ao.gif
  • SchndlPlayerSchndlPlayer Posts: 741 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SynnSoon wrote:
    The speed times. I could bypass everything else if the game's speed wasn't so frackin' slow.
    I also miss having memories.
    edited July 2009
    n :evil:not enough paintings/pictures & home decor..... I have a very large house with pretty much the same pics in each room...aaaaarrrrgggggg! :twisted:

You can become a painter (buy an easel).

There are different options, but you can even click on your small medium or large paintings afterward and frame them!
    edited July 2009
    Losing inventories when switching active household...
    yes... very upsetting :(
  • grinsomxgrinsomx Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    not being able to start a completely new neighbourhood like we did in the sims 1&2.
    every house,shop, sim and thing was designed by either me or my girlfriend
  • SparminaSparmina Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    When you look at somebodys family tree...And theres this kid with only one parent. Last time I checked it took two.
  • sims3lover6363sims3lover6363 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    enformer wrote:
    Its the hair.

They are all garbage lol.

Everything else I can redesign and color. But not the hair. The next EP probly will be called barbershop or hair care lol.

I agree with this one. Whenever i try to download a hairstyle that i really like its never there. It always does that. :(