Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• HiIdkWatThisIsHiIdkWatThisIs Posts: 205 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Evil sims wash their hands with evil soap. :twisted:
    Children and toddlers do not have to be related to anyone. :?:
    Slob sims lick plates. :lol:
    There is a beast with yellow eyes hiding in the abandonded mine near Stoney Falls. It's creepy... :shock:
    mysig_654250429.jpg
  • HiIdkWatThisIsHiIdkWatThisIs Posts: 205 New Member
    edited July 2009
    happyjme wrote:
    : Daredevils never burn to death in a fire (someone said they couldnt get their sim to die)

OBJECTION! I have burned a daredevil sim to death!!!! :!:
    I love how they can play with fire, and how they LIKE being on fire. :lol:
    mysig_654250429.jpg
  • PamBizjakPamBizjak Posts: 154 New Member
    edited July 2009
    gotten through quite a few pages but haven't seen this yet. got 5 kids in the house, 2 of them twins. the big kids i sent off to school (i thought) while mom and dad were teaching the twins how to talk. at noon one of the boys struts in and goes straight to the tub. my jaw dropped!!! checked his school record and found out he skipped school while the others went. sent him bicycling back and on to detention :lol:
  • 3hjessica3hjessica Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    did anyone know ur sims can get diabeties!!!! :twisted: :!:
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    3hjessica wrote:

Haha, since when?
  • jmattbaconjmattbacon Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    3hjessica wrote:
    How do you know if your sim has got diabetes?
  • 4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OyaOshun wrote:
    I have read all 120 pages of this thread and have not seen this yet:

(Do you know)... how to find out what another sim's favourite food is?

I get desires to cook another sims favourite dish... but even ttalking to / getting to know them for hours I never seem to discover what their favourite is. Please help!

yeah that is annoying, though i seem to always get it right first time, just cook whatever you think and youll know when they start clapping XD like, my sim made french toast one morning when molly french stayed round. what d'ya know? molly french likes french toast :shock: but maybe that was obvious.
  • RareCabbageRareCabbage Posts: 145 New Member
    edited July 2009
    For me to find out how to find out their favorite dishes(sometimes), just hit "Get to know" and they might talk about their favorite foods, colors, etc. but I'm not sure how often you have to 'get to know' them.
  • dajghoti25dajghoti25 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OyaOshun wrote:
    I have read all 120 pages of this thread and have not seen this yet:

(Do you know)... how to find out what another sim's favourite food is?

I get desires to cook another sims favourite dish... but even ttalking to / getting to know them for hours I never seem to discover what their favourite is. Please help!

Actually you are told but it usually happens in a dialog bubble and if you miss it you you just got to hope it comes up in conversation again. Look for the picture of the food during dialog.
    edited July 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:
    gotten through quite a few pages but haven't seen this yet. got 5 kids in the house, 2 of them twins. the big kids i sent off to school (i thought) while mom and dad were teaching the twins how to talk. at noon one of the boys struts in and goes straight to the tub. my jaw dropped!!! checked his school record and found out he skipped school while the others went. sent him bicycling back and on to detention :lol:

Way to crack that whip. Show that young punk who is boss. Personally I let my sims have a little more free reign than that. Not much...just a little.
  • StephNewbieStephNewbie Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Saffronn wrote:
    when you have catch like 10 fishes of one kind you can fill up your own (or others) pond with it! :D

DYK that you can stock the same pond with more than one type of fish at a time! Just collect 10 of each type you want in there.
    edited July 2009
    Mc1mommy wrote:
    My sim reached the top of the athletic career and quit her job to raise her baby. She bought a partnership in the bookstore. When I went to collect the profits ($1,000) she also had the option to sign autographs, so she made another $4,000. Guess you keep your fame even after you retire.

Yup. Your Sim does keep his/her fame. I have a retired Rockstar who is now pursuing a career in Journalism. She still has the option to Hold Autograph Signing, all around town.

Also, I read through the thread and nobody has mentioned that you can sell your Reward Certificates for $$$. I have gotten anywhere from $600-$900 per Reward Certificates.

I deleted one by accident (got $1000 for it). It was for reaching level 10 in the fishing skill. I really didnt want to get rid of it though :(

Does anyone know of a way to get another one (i want to collect them all)Are there maybe any custom downloads out there so i could replace it as if that never happened?
  • SStovenSStoven Posts: 29 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Pretty sure I didnt know it was an "active" town so while I was playing my family for quite some time and when I went back all my families were grown some even became elders and there were mysterious babies lol .. now I know not to play a family for too long.
  • ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2009
    You can stock the pond with fish bought from the store as long as it is 10 of them.
    edited July 2009
    Mieyonna04 wrote:
    Xina42 wrote:
    Yup, Motherlode and Kaching both still work.
    You no longer have to shop for clothes as your sim can go into CAS from their dresser/wardrobe.
    Babies no longer need to be bathed. (kinda annoyed me the first time).
    Kids keep their homework in their inventory.
    If your sim is a daredevil everything he does, even sleep, is EXTREME.

I had no idea!!! I've been all annoyed that I was stuck in the same outfit all the time. I've not even tried the darn dressers since their was no clothing store to stock them with. Don't I feel silly....THANKS!!!
    That was silly not have added a clothing store.

you can set up to 3 different outfits for each cattegory.. they disapear though if you ever change households :(

Also, speaking of it.... DYK:
    when you switch households you lose alot of your invitory, even your fish and produce in your fridge!! I had collected diomonds, seeds, rocks, metals and had many "perfect" items....even my EXPENSIVE lifetime reward objects went missing!!
  • redface1981redface1981 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I only got a couple of cheat codes to work: testingcheatsenabled true , familyfunds (last name) (amount u want) gives the amount of money u want. The Motherlode works for me but I can't get anything else to work for cheats....I tried the set career and the "Make Me Know Everyone" and those don't work. I wanted to those to really bad and I have no such luck with adding to my life time happiness cntrl click doesn't work for me when everything is enabled.....Any advice?

I also like to harvest from other peoples gardens too, u can even get their money off the moneytree they plant. If u work in the science field u can bring back loved ones by bringing in their tombstone....but sometimes they come back as ghosh that u have to control.
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:

What are the kids traits? I had an adult that always wanted to quit a job, lol. I am curious. ^.^
  • Snowhawke9Snowhawke9 Posts: 192 New Member
    edited July 2009
    how do you make pictures you want to thread to the forums smaller?

You can change the size of the photo before it is taken inside the game, inside the 3 dots icon, or you can download a free photo editor(google it). Change the pixel size of the photo. For example, your goonies siggie is 218 x 120 in size.
  • SimsationalFranSimsationalFran Posts: 309 New Member
    edited July 2009
    PamBizjak wrote:

What are the kids traits? I had an adult that always wanted to quit a job, lol. I am curious. ^.^

adults with the "commitment issues" trait doesnt like to stay in a job for too long, maybe thats the trait your adult sim has?
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited July 2009
    redface1981
    Sim

I only got a couple of cheat codes to work: testingcheatsenabled true , familyfunds (last name) (amount u want) gives the amount of money u want. The Motherlode works for me but I can't get anything else to work for cheats....I tried the set career and the "Make Me Know Everyone" and those don't work. I wanted to those to really bad and I have no such luck with adding to my life time happiness cntrl click doesn't work for me when everything is enabled.....Any advice?

I also like to harvest from other peoples gardens too, u can even get their money off the moneytree they plant. If u work in the science field u can bring back loved ones by bringing in their tombstone....but sometimes they come back as ghosh that u have to control.

with this cheat enabled...(testingcheatsenabled true ),just hit shift and left click your mailbox to get "know everyone option" also "make everyone happy".You can also move the sliders to make them your best friend or nemisis.Hope this helps.
    edited July 2009
    My sim had just transferred from LVL 4 Squad Leader in the military to LVL 5 Carnivorous Plant Tender in the science field. I was robbed shortly after and apparently my squad still keeps tabs on me because they detained the robber while I beat the tar out of the robber. LOL! It's these little surprises that keep me playing. I love it!
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited July 2009
    My thanks again to everyone who is contributing to this thread, with double thanks to MusicMom11 for starting it!

If you don't want to wade through all 120+ pages, I have a compilation of the GENERAL tips [nothing about traits and only a few things about skills] in my blog: http://www.thesims3.com/myBlog.html?persona=Schweighsr

I am trying to keep it up to date and will be adding posts about skills, careers and traits as I get time. I have recently started to credit the posters who write the tips, but didn't think to do that for the first 3 pages - my appologies to everyone I forgot.

I am NOT claiming authorship of these tips and tricks! Also, RavynLeeBourdon did a similar exercise from pages 1 to 83, it can be found here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?44txjqmqy2a
    I didn't discover it until I did the first 83 pages myself, though. :? It contains ALL the tips and tricks up to that point including stuff about careers, skills and traits.

My tip for today is:
    Toddlers can read even before they begin to talk. The Jimmy Sprocket series is the only one that appears not to teach a skill. Reading all 3 math books [Counting for those that Cannot, Square Aren't Triangles, etc.] gives an extra logic point beyond what they earn with the Peg Box [so they start at 4 when they are children]. The Fingerpainting series teaches art. I believe the 'Bluish Eggs with a Side of Pastrami' teaches writing [or maybe reading all 9 skill books is what teaches writing]. These skills do NOT show up on the skill tab until the Sim has studied them as a Child/ Teen.
  • threeone6threeone6 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    You do not need to force your kids/teens to do homework. They'll automatically do it.
  • Kswans321Kswans321 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I got through 10 pages so far, LOL not sure if it's been mentioned but I wanted to add....

with the handiness skill, clicking on your front door you can "upgrade" the doorbell to change the tune.

Evil trait: click on the mailbox once a day and you can donate X amount of money to undermine a charity of your choice. You can also tell your evil sim to sleep in anothers bed and they will get some evil enjoyment out of it.

on that note, I do like that sims are now particular about their own rooms. Before, a sim would sleep in any bed without a care, now they take ownership of whatever bed you have them frequent. Directing your sim to a different bed will give the option to "sleep in so-n-so's bed".

and thanks for the tip about having 10 of the same fish in order to put them in your home pond, I've been trying to do that unsuccessfully, I'll try in that quantity now.
  • NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ok I got a few questions...here goes...

1) how can I mix the food, like for instance my pregnant girl wanted to have grapes with her spaghetti, how does that work? (or cobbler with grapes) :shock: :?: :?

2)Where can u find the life tree seed? I've been lookn for days. I have found 3 tree seeds and 4 flame bush rofl..But no life, any ideas? :shock: :wink:

3) what exactly is the flame bush for? :shock: :?:

Thanks!!!!!^.^

Oh and I found out that the gnome for the garden moves!!!! I aint kidding u my girl got one from fishing and it moves on its own into random places!!!!O.o I am scared, this better not be a chucky thang...O.o Seriously...
    Post edited by Unknown User on