The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fact sheet & pictures for town life

simsvip made one for Town life if anyone wants to know what is it the pack

pctures http://simsvip.com/?p=2082
facts http://simsvip.com/?p=2081

Comments

• AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I like a lot of the clothes. That little romper for kids is weird but pretty cute.
  • Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This pack is like a mixture of items from other expansions. treehouses, washers, etc. hmm Not so sure about this one after outoor living.

what are we paying for here? Lots? :roll:
  • AngelaKayeAngelaKaye Posts: 757 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, definitely wouldn't pay full price for it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    edited June 2011
    This pack is like a mixture of items from other expansions. treehouses, washers, etc. hmm Not so sure about this one after outoor living.

what are we paying for here? Lots? :roll:

Well I will buy it but I'd rather have something tottaly new like a Holiday Stuff Pack but I love the way the new laundrymat looks. I wonder if this will add more hottubs.
  • white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited June 2011
    New lots look great! I will definitely buy this one. Looks delicious :D

Thank you for the pictures and info!
  • Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for sharing!
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited June 2011
    Am i the only one who thinks this looks like the best SP so far... the most wholesome? It's clear that there's many, many objects of use included, not just misc. decor, and look at the bunch of clothes!
  • SimNowSimNow Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Am i the only one who thinks this looks like the best SP so far... the most wholesome? It's clear that there's many, many objects of use included, not just misc. decor, and look at the bunch of clothes!

No you're not, I like the look of it and if it's priced like the other so it's about £7.00ish im thrilled!

Can't wait, in fact I think the Sims 3 seems to be moving in the right direction :mrgreen:
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The living room and laundry stuff ROCKS! :mrgreen:
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Louis.

I don't know what's gotten into the community, but EA is "walking around" with a great big target attached to it's chest and back! So many very angry simmers.

I guess since I don't have access to my game right now (moved; computer in storage not playing ts3; haven't seen the patch) I am not being put in the same situation as the rest of the community. So I won't say anything except: from the look of all the threads, this last patch/ep must have really been messed up.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2011
    Meh, not completely thrilled about it. I wont be preordering it.
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the info.

I thought I noticed new hair styles along with the clothes. Were they new or old styles?

• Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I really want to be happy about this stuff pack...I like alot/almost all of the new "stuff" it has, but, this plus the interactions that I have heard came with the patch makes Generations look like an expensive stuff pack.

Even with a few problems I can say that Generations has overall improved my game and there are alot of great items, but for half the price I can get alot of the items and interactions with the patch and this stuff pack. Is there something that Generations offered that Town Life+Patch has got me?

I am still planning on getting this pack and Pets, Sims is my dirty-money-grubbing-addiction, I just had to ask the question.

On the flip side of the pillow: I am really excited to give my towns a new look! Cant wait to take a stroll downtown and see these new buildings! :mrgreen:
  • caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited June 2011
    + Pre-ordered!!!

Reasons:

+Love the new bookshelves, gym equipment and ability to make 'study cubicles'. Actually, really really like the new bookcases. And everything else in the same pic.
    +Clothes look great, and it looks like there are 2 or more new hairs included

+only cost £7.49!

That's the same price as 1000 simpoints... which won't even buy a full set in the store! At that price I'd get it even if it didn't have the great library furniture in it. It makes the store look extremely overpriced.
  • SimGuruJennSimGuruJenn Posts: 69 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the info.

I thought I noticed new hair styles along with the clothes. Were they new or old styles?

There are 4 new hairs in TS3 Town Life Stuff. 3 adult (2: female Sims, 1: Male Sims) and 1 that works on both male and female children.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    windweaver wrote:
    Thank you Louis.

I don't know what's gotten into the community, but EA is "walking around" with a great big target attached to it's chest and back! So many very angry simmers.

I guess since I don't have access to my game right now (moved; computer in storage not playing ts3; haven't seen the patch) I am not being put in the same situation as the rest of the community. So I won't say anything except: from the look of all the threads, this last patch/ep must have really been messed up.

That's only because people keep stirring the pot and constantly comparing The Sims 3 to the Sims 2 and finding it "lacking". That's where this mentality is coming from.

It would be one thing if it was JUST the bugs and faulty patches, but it's actually become *fashionable* around here to bash EA for every little ole' thing. Would you believe that there are even players who are *annoyed at EA* because they *dared* to put washers/dryers and items from Generations into this suff pack? I mean, they are feeling ripped off for no good reason at all.

But that's what happens when people get used to seeing nothing but negative threads all in the name of "constructive criticism". It then becomes harder to accept that many people are actually positive about this game and its expansion packs and stuff packs.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • PoseurgothPoseurgoth Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2011
    I really like these new buildings. It's nice to see modern buildings that aren't boring.

With that said, I wish there would have been a few more rabbit holes in it. The spa, bookstore and theater will look a little too old fashioned next to these buildings. And possibly a new diner (although that would be a lower priority).

I'm still holding out hope that the store will start adding rabbithole sets, or possibly even free branded buildings to serve as free advertising for certain businesses.
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm, I like this pack but at the same time dislike it. I don't like how features from other EPs (Ambitions - Laundry; Generations - Tree Houses and Sandpits) are for some reason in this game, it makes me question the price for Generations after buying it.

The fact sheet is a bit dodgy:

New Venues
    - Park
    - Library
    - Gym
    - Laundromat

They're not new :S 3 are from the basegame and one is from an EP.

However, I do like some of the more modern looking buildings and rabbitholes, for a stuff pack it's pretty decent. Not sure what the price is for the UK yet but so far it seems like a good SP.
  • PoseurgothPoseurgoth Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2011
    The modern design was initially a turn off for me. I tend to prefer classical styles. But, after looking at the closer pictures, they look kind of nice. The bubble windows add an interesting touch to many of the buildings.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited June 2011
    I wasn't thrilled with it at all at first, but I hadn't seen the clothes.
    I have Ambitions and Generations, so I have a lot of these objects covered and really don't feel the need for new styles of them.

And to tell the truth, I really don't enjoy my game's town life game-play. The only interesting town game play are my bars and dance clubs, and they aren't stellar either. I only use my library when I start off a new sim who doesn't have the money to buy a computer. I use the library's computer. I use my gym once in a while, but I do like one of the workout machines.

I guess the rabbit holes would come in handy if I wanted a new look for the town, but the current ones are fine with me. I make my own lots, so I really don't need these. The only variety I need in the game are clothes, hair, and furniture. So if I get this, it will be mainly for the clothes.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the info.

There are 4 new hairs in TS3 Town Life Stuff. 3 adult (2: female Sims, 1: Male Sims) and 1 that works on both male and female children.
    oh, that's great! thanks! :mrgreen:
  • Upanova01Upanova01 Posts: 147 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Totally NOT thrilled with this SP! All the same old things. And 1 treadmill and 1 exercise bench so you can save on making new animations for the workout equipment? Like someone posted before, make us an exercise bike or yoga workout mat, c'mon EA!

This pack just steals more of your money and gives you less, which EA has done for years now.

Very angry...
  • Michellec1980Michellec1980 Posts: 380
    edited June 2011
    I'm not buying it
  • thesims219thesims219 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Definitely Getting It although i am a major Sims fan i have all Sims 3 games so far and love them all
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Posts: 467 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Last time I didn't buy the outdoor stuff pack, because I was disappointed with EA never fixed bugs and overpricing. however I might actuall get Town Life. it seems that they add more stuff in this compare to other stuff pack.

and I'm starting to get bored with my old bookstore and library look, might as well make an overhaul with a prebuild lot that comes with the game. hopefully there are prebuild houses too. not just community lot. I'm lazy to build houses this days.