Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear EA; a very dissapointed costumer.

DarkiDarki Posts: 145 New Member
EA

I have been a costumer for a long-time and I've never been dissapointed in you til now. I always had patience with all the bugs your games came out with, took the time to deal with your robotic representatives, and sucked it up when something didn't work right with out getting angry. I am usually a very patient person, but guess what? Your game froze up my mac already 3 times, my mac is almost a year old, I know because I bought it around the time when I had my son, who is 10 months old now. Getting back to the point, My laptop froze 3 times, I had to force shut it down the whole 3 times, to spend around 15 minutes waiting for it to load back on this last time, usually it takes 2-3. It was horribly laggy and took a while to load, now I am afraid if my Mac suffered any damage thanks to your new game, updates, patches, whatever.

With all honesty, Your latest game has great content, but performance overall- it sucks. Plain and simple, I am tired of spending more time trying to play your games than actually playing them, You have the best ideas in the market for video games, but if you suck this bad at making games actually work, I plan on quitting on you, and so will the rest of your costumers slowly, check out what's happening to Square Enix, yeah; it's not because their games aren't pretty.

Stop using us users as your lab rats, I hate having to wait 2-4 months after a game is released just so I can play comfortably, is this why you give us those nice pre-order offers? First time and last time I pre-order one of your games. Take the time to make games and release them, everyone is upset with most companies because they are releasing so many crappy poorly developed games.

Right now I am scared to even attempt to play your game, so I will wait out like another few months just so I get to check it out, for now it's going into the closet, I'll lurk these forums to see if any improvements have been made, overall I am just very dissapointed in your product and I hope you can actually fix this, it's not even about -soon-, it's about making the game playable, because I know if my dear mac breaks you're not getting me a new one.

Thank you

-Kiara Rivera

Comments

• LeftcoastpunkLeftcoastpunk Posts: 59
    edited June 2011
    Thank you for posting this because this is exactly how I feel.

My Macbook has suffered because of the game crashes and "Exception Raiser Errors" which have lead to Kernel Panics for my mac.

I have to get it checked out by the techs at the Apple Store. =l
  • rad1rad1 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Same here. I uninstalled Generations because of the system crashes. I loaded Sims 3 on my IMac last Nov. when I bought it and didn't have a crash until I installed Generations. Haven't had one since I uninstalled it. I'm tired of beta testing your games.
  • WoodNymph6WoodNymph6 Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    I am starting to feel this way because after downloading the patch ONCE in may, and it would never load the launcher, I reinstalled, and ignored the update notices and kept playing the game without updates. Now, starting today, game starts crashing, freezing my Mac in the morning, and now, just this evening, while my sims were in France, the game unexpectedly quit. EA, you better do something about this...SOON. Because this is beyond ridiculous.And this is how people lose customers.

At least I can play Sims 2 on my other Mac...at least that's more reliable at this point :(
  • DarkiDarki Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2011
    so wait, I am not the only one with these freezing problems on my mac? it's unexplainable, like out of nowhere I didn't download any more patches other than the manual one. What a shame to be honest, this is a great game and now I can't play it perhaps because of a ninja update? haha. Sorry EA, I am not putting my computer out there anymore. To think that I support your games and buy them, download store content and purchase points.

There's other people out there pirating your games and you don't care to have the courtesy to atleast keep your costumers happy? and try not breaking their machines. Thank you, really.
    edited June 2011
    rad1 wrote:
    Same here. I uninstalled Generations because of the system crashes. I loaded Sims 3 on my IMac last Nov. when I bought it and didn't have a crash until I installed Generations. Haven't had one since I uninstalled it. I'm tired of beta testing your games.

I am not touching those games, uninstalling or anything til I hear from EA they've fixed their stuff. For now, they will remain on my mac and I hope that alone doesn't break it.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2011
    Yet, you're criticizing The Sims 3 and that it is 2 years old? Get a life. I know The Sims 3 has glitches. The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval is NOT the same as The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories. The Sims 3/The Sims Medieval DVD WILL work on Mac OS X; The Sims 2/The Sims Stories DVD (Unless if you have a Mac version) will not work on Mac OS X.

Sure, There is no CAW for Mac. All Sims 3 products ranging from The Sims 3 to The Sims 3 Pets are on Mac OS X and work the same way as Windows/PC although is it different than it is on a PC.

Although I was planning to get Generations when I get my iMac (1TB 21.5 In). I will still use the PC until then and run Generations. I hope the problem is addressed in a patch.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • mommavi1181mommavi1181 Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2011
    I was having freezing problems when I first tried playing the sims 3 on my new 2011 macbook pro. I did some research and tried some different fixes. What worked for me was turning off time machine before playing the game and changing all of the Sims setting to Medium. They were on low, but for whatever reason putting them on medium fixed it (strange). My niece and I both play the game on my mac and have had no freezing issues at all since I made both of those changes.

This is just for the base game though. I am a little nervous to buy any of the expansions since I had such problems just getting the base game to work. I might eventually try generations.

Just thought I would throw that out there if any of you haven't tried it.
    Check out my YouTube channel for Sims 3 and Sims 4 Let's Plays and challenges. Storybooksim

Sims 3 University Life-Newest Part
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNXth2ugfxk
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited June 2011
    This last update is garbage. I never had any problems until it was released. Not only did the update completely disable my game, it introduced a ton of glitches after I finally got it working again. I never had performance issues, but I've had many freezes and crashes since the the update, and it's screwed up WA so I can't buy house items from the other countries.

Their lack of adequate quality control is ridiculous.
  • StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm a relatively brand new customer, I got the base game in late December (before christmas) and bought the rest of the EP's in January and February. I guess, because everything was patched and ready to go, I didn't have many issues with the game (other then the bad mood bug). Now my game crashes, sims aren't doing what their supposed to, they "jump" out of bed when they should be sleeping, they jump out of interactions and turn invisible, I get the exception raised error every time I do something memory or WA related. WA was a waste of money now because Generations freaking killed it. I have NEVER had such bad experience with a video game before. And every time I contact your reps for help, I get directed to the forums. Jeebus EA, seriously how can we help each other if we all have the problem and don't know what to do?!?

I just realized there is an EA building behind my former high school. I should go pay them a visit....
    edited June 2011
    Yet, you're criticizing The Sims 3 and that it is 2 years old? Get a life. I know The Sims 3 has glitches. The Sims 3 and The Sims Medieval is NOT the same as The Sims 2 and The Sims Stories. The Sims 3/The Sims Medieval DVD WILL work on Mac OS X; The Sims 2/The Sims Stories DVD (Unless if you have a Mac version) will not work on Mac OS X.

Sure, There is no CAW for Mac. All Sims 3 products ranging from The Sims 3 to The Sims 3 Pets are on Mac OS X and work the same way as Windows/PC although is it different than it is on a PC.

Although I was planning to get Generations when I get my iMac (1TB 21.5 In). I will still use the PC until then and run Generations. I hope the problem is addressed in a patch.

What? I never mentioned anything having to do with the other games, my problem is with this NEW game, I've never been more dissapointed, My issue is addressed on how terrible this last release was, going as far as damaging macs, if you have nothing constructive to bring into subject other than critisizing -which I am not actually, I am pointing out my dissapointment and why- then get out of the thread, move on with your life, and like you said yourself... get a life.
    edited June 2011
    I was having freezing problems when I first tried playing the sims 3 on my new 2011 macbook pro. I did some research and tried some different fixes. What worked for me was turning off time machine before playing the game and changing all of the Sims setting to Medium. They were on low, but for whatever reason putting them on medium fixed it (strange). My niece and I both play the game on my mac and have had no freezing issues at all since I made both of those changes.

This is just for the base game though. I am a little nervous to buy any of the expansions since I had such problems just getting the base game to work. I might eventually try generations.

Just thought I would throw that out there if any of you haven't tried it.

I don't have time machine on, ever. I should set that up, but I need an external drive.

anyways, back on subject, my game has always worked fine, a couple bugs here and there, some slowdowns, small freezes but never needed to force shut down my mac, this last release was... wow, what can I say? Horrifying. I have never-ever played a game more horrible than this one.
  • WoodNymph6WoodNymph6 Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    It was me that said I would play Sims 2, but yet that commentor did not see I said OTHER MAC. In which Sims 2 DOES work on because it has a different OS on it. I have 2 Macs. Simple enought: One is for earlier games that won't work on OS X, my new Mac is for OSX games. How hard is that to comprehend? ;)

I was able to play Sims 3 for awhile last night. It seems it will definitely crash and quite when my sims are in France alone, because they can go to Egypt and China just fine. At this point I don't know what I can do. Their updates seem only to make things worse, not better, and they aren't listening to the customers. It's not good. I haven't bought Medieval or Generations yet.. and its actually a good thing too, because it seems a lot of people are having problems with Generations.
  • jonisha_xjonisha_x Posts: 26
    edited June 2011
    I know that this might sound weird, but if you save like every 15 minutes then the game stops crashing, it's really true, I have a mac too and my computer froze constantly, then I saved like crazy because I wanted to be prepared for the next freeze, but then I noticed that when you save an keep saving every 15 minutes the computer stops freezing, I mean, it still happens sometimes but really, it has happened once in what... like a month now? So maybe you should really try saving more, maybe it works for you too :)
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    WoodNymph6 wrote:
    It was me that said I would play Sims 2, but yet that commentor did not see I said OTHER MAC. In which Sims 2 DOES work on because it has a different OS on it. I have 2 Macs. Simple enought: One is for earlier games that won't work on OS X, my new Mac is for OSX games. How hard is that to comprehend? ;)
    Why would you play TS2 on your other Mac? It's written for OS X, not OS 9. If you're talking about the difference between PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) and Intel, why not just download the Universal Binary (UB) from here: http://www.aspyr.com/software/news/6/31

Without the UB, the game runs through Rosetta; the PowerPC emulation layer. With the UB, the game runs natively on an Intel Mac, which is something that can't be said about TS3. (It's running through an emulation layer courtesy of EA.) I'm actually running TS1 through Rosetta on my Mac Pro...under Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6,) and have yet to experience a problem there, so for older games, you might be able to get away with Rosetta. Newer games, you'll want a UB for when possible, or your old Mac. I personally keep a small fleet of iMac G3s around for use with OS 9 and some hardware that's only compatible with OS X 10.4 or earlier. (I have a scanner that's not supported under 10.5 "Leopard" for example.)

Back on topic; if EA wants to keep me as a customer, then they need to improve the quality of their software. Cider needs to go; it may be too late for TS3, but it's not too early to start writing native Mac code for TS4. Cider is also the reason that TS3 isn't and won't be in the Mac App Store. (Apple only accepts native Mac programs.) Right now I've been preordering Sims games, "locking in" my preorder bonus when offered, and then sticking the game in a drawer for about a month while I wait for EA to fix the bugs that should have been fixed before the game was released. I've been doing this since World Adventures, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. When a game is released, it's supposed to be "ready" out of the box. I shouldn't have to apply patches before I can play it, and if patches are needed, they should be on the disc. An occasional glitch that slipped by and needs a quick patch? Fine, I get that; it happens, but a myriad of errors that are cumulative with each subsequent release? Now that's a problem, especially for a game like TS3 where EPs cost $40 and SPs cost $20.

Then there's CAW; I could have tolerated Cider if EA released CAW for the Mac and also threw that into a Cider wrapper, but when we can't even get CAW for the Mac, I can't get behind the use of virtualization/emulation software, which is causing more problems then it's solved. The "exception raised" error is a Windows error, which means it's an error in the Cider code. We wouldn't be having that error if EA bothered to write native Mac versions of their games. As I and others have pointed out many times before, Blizzard, Valve, and others release native WIN/MAC applications simultaneously, so there's no reason that EA couldn't do the same thing.

I'm playing TS3 on a Mac Pro; it's well above the minimum specs EA lists on the box for the game. Even so, after installing OLS, my game crashes anywhere from every five to every fifteen minutes, or about every three "sim hours" in-game. Saving does tend to delay this crashing, but this has lead to me spending more time saving then playing the game, rendering it unplayable for all intense and purposes.

What really bugs me though is that EA doesn't seem to be learning from these mistakes; they churn out a new EP/SP or announcement for said EP/SP every four months or so, and never fix the problems that have made the game unplayable in the first place. Maybe if we started to vote with our wallets, EA would listen, of course, it's also possible that EA would simply conclude that there's no interest in "The Sims" anymore if we voted with our wallets. (In other words, they'd be completely missing the point that the problem wasn't with the game, but the lack of quality control.)

I find myself in agreement with OP; I'm sick of paying for what are essentially unpatched beta builds that are being rushed out the door. I'm not going anywhere; I'd rather wait and have a finished, functioning game, then a game that plays like a poorly written beta. If EA is going to continue using us a lab rats/play testers, then they ought to start paying us as such, since we seem to be doing the job that their quality assurance people were supposed to do.

EA's problem isn't with bad concepts, but rather, bad quality control. If they'd fix that, I'd honestly have no problem with them. That's just my $0.02 cents.
    edited June 2011
    We don't even have an EA download manager, back then I used windows and i had bought high end loft stuff in the ea Download thing, now i can't get to it because they have no way to give me a copy. And I am a loyal costumer, I don't pirate or cheat or anything, and this is how they say "thank you, come again" ????
    edited June 2011
    I do recall that The Sims 3 is in the Apple Online Store (But not the Mac App Store).

I do see a reason that TS3 is not and won't be in the Mac App Store. I am sorry for the post saying that I was "criticizing you". I understand users are having problems. I do want Generations but the topics here made me very concerned that I might wait until next update or Town Life Stuff (It was mentioned on The Sims Wiki) is released.
    edited June 2011
    I'd just like to know when I'll be able to play the game I've invested around $200 dollars in.
    Not my parents, not my relatives, but I.

It's ridiculous. I can't even play a game I've invested ridiculous amounts of money in and time.
  • LadySedimLadySedim Posts: 43
    edited June 2011
    Like the original poster, I too have been loyal for a lot of years and spent a lot of money, and been understanding about glitches because I LOVE the game. But I do NOT love spending 50 or 60 dollars to buy a game that has to be repaired patched and updated before I could ever play it the first time. Considering how much these games cost and how tight the economy is, EA games needs to spend a good bit more time making a decent product in the first place. Really EA, how hard it is to stick 20 people on computers and say "you can play for free all day just tell us whats wrong with the game" before you spend millions on advertising?
  • SCDS1997SCDS1997 Posts: 2,687
    edited June 2011
    My anger is so hard to control right now.

EA needs to step it up.

Seconds after Gen. comes out, ANOTHER EP.
    Seconds after the Pets Announcement, ANOTHER SP.
    ...And a faulty patch/update/everything.

*** is their problem?

I WANT A GAME ACTUALLY WORTH $40 DOLLARS.
    RIGHT NOW.

SO CAN YOU DO US ALL A FUDGING FAVOR, AND GET WORKING ON THAT?
    edited June 2011
    ******* A.

I've abstained myself from playing thanks to this.
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Fellow MAC customers, I feel that the only way EA will GEIT IT is to dare I say BOYCOTT everything. I personnal am not buying any more Sims dollars and for sure NOT buying Generations. I have also decided to stop buying even any .99 game for my iPhone. I for one am tried of the non stop parade of product which keep mounting new problems on top of old ones. It's time for EA to step up and FIX IT and don't release it in the future until you know it works.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2011
    I already made up my mind on not spending anymore money on this game til it gets fixed up. I am extremely dissapointed.
    edited June 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    Fellow MAC customers, I feel that the only way EA will GEIT IT is to dare I say BOYCOTT everything. I personnal am not buy any more Sims dollars and for sure NOT buying Generations. I have also decided to stop buying even any .99 game for my iPhone. I for one am tried of the non stop parade of product which keep mounting new problems on top of old ones. It's time EA to step up and FIX IT and don't release it in the future until you know it works.
    I will buy Generations and Town Life. I know The Sims 3 has problems and that when you get the Download version from EA, you have to buy it on a Mac again. There might be glitches to be addressed, perhaps Town Life Stuff will fix the problems on Generations. I have been loving Sims since 2007 and like you, I also encountered glitches in The Sims 3. I know that pricing is a problem. EPs cost $40, SPs are $20, TS3 and TS3 Pets on Consoles cost $60 and TS3 cost $40 and TSM costs $50. Every game has glitches when they are released, Ambitions caused CAW (Which is not even on Mac OS X) to crash, Late Night has problems with Multi-Rabbit holes, The Sims 3 (1.0) ran slower when using Speeds 2 & 3. I looked on an Game Informer Mag saying that Fallout: New Vegas has glitches when it came out. The Sims 3 for Console has glitches when it came out. I do not think EA would release a product that did not work. Whatever it's Windows, Mac OS X or console, video games may have glitches.
    edited June 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    Fellow MAC customers, I feel that the only way EA will GEIT IT is to dare I say BOYCOTT everything. I personnal am not buy any more Sims dollars and for sure NOT buying Generations. I have also decided to stop buying even any .99 game for my iPhone. I for one am tried of the non stop parade of product which keep mounting new problems on top of old ones. It's time EA to step up and FIX IT and don't release it in the future until you know it works.
    I will buy Generations and Town Life. I know The Sims 3 has problems and that when you get the Download version from EA, you have to buy it on a Mac again. There might be glitches to be addressed, perhaps Town Life Stuff will fix the problems on Generations. I have been loving Sims since 2007 and like you, I also encountered glitches in The Sims 3. I know that pricing is a problem. EPs cost $40, SPs are $20, TS3 and TS3 Pets on Consoles cost $60 and TS3 cost $40 and TSM costs $50. Every game has glitches when they are released, Ambitions caused CAW (Which is not even on Mac OS X) to crash, Late Night has problems with Multi-Rabbit holes, The Sims 3 (1.0) ran slower when using Speeds 2 & 3. I looked on an Game Informer Mag saying that Fallout: New Vegas has glitches when it came out. The Sims 3 for Console has glitches when it came out. I do not think EA would release a product that did not work. Whatever it's Windows, Mac OS X or console, video games may have glitches.

These glitches you're talking about are minor compared to Generations, it's a game that really doesn't work, period. I understand you want to defend TS3, but the reality is my game doesn't work. I can't play it with out it freezing or making me force-shut-down my Mac, and there are many people having these issues, Win7 included. So yes, EA released a game that doesn't work. Otherwise, Why am I on the forums complaining when I could be playing?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited June 2011
    Instead of rushing out EPs and SPs and only testing them with the base game, EA really need to start testing them with every single EP and SP to date. Surely that's common sense isn't it?
    apple-signature.png