Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PC - Mac

I have Sims 3 software for my PC but recently purchased a mac of much higher specification and I was hoping to start shifting all my pc stuff over to my Mac. Any way to play the PC software of the Sims 3 on a Mac so I don't have to buy the games all over again...

Comments

• 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    You'll have to install the game again on your new computer but The Sims 3 is made to work on both PC and Mac so I don't think you'll have any problems (except for the ones you read here).
  • asimusasimus Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2011
    There wouldn't be compatibility issues? Maybe that's why I can't find the Sims 3 for mac on the ea store!
    edited June 2011
    p.s. how do I get Origin on my Mac as the only installer I can find is an .exe?
  • 256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    You won't get compatibility issues if your mac reaches the minimum system requirements (they're on the right side on the boxes).
    I have no idea about 'Origin'. I don't even know what it is.
    edited June 2011
    It's the new name for EADM. I got my The Sims 3 downloaded from there and the installer is on there. I need to be able to get into my account to be able to install it...
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    If you downloaded the game it won't be compatible with your Mac; you'll need to repurchase everything that you already have. The DVD version is WIN/MAC compatible though, and it's SecuROM (Google it) free. If you have the DVD versions, just install off of the disc; the only problems you'll have are the ones that have been documented here numerous times, which aren't "Mac problems" so much as they're "EA problems," but that's another story.
    edited June 2011
    There's no way at all I can rescue my already purchased online game installers? That is so rubbish! Ah well I guess I'll have to buy it again :(
  • AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2011
    asimus wrote:
    There's no way at all I can rescue my already purchased online game installers? That is so rubbish! Ah well I guess I'll have to buy it again :(
    None at all, period, end of sentence; sorry. :(

This is yet another reason in yet a long-list of reasons why I will never buy download-only software. (That includes OS X 10.7 "Lion," which I was all set to purchase until Apple decided to be stupid about making it a Mac App Store exclusive; I know other customers that have made the same decision.) I may make an exception for microtransactions like the content in the TS3 store, but I'd never buy a full game or an OS as a download, and would strongly advise others against doing so as well.
    edited June 2011
    I fully understand your reasoning there, it alienates one group of gamers. It's silly to discriminate when macs and pc's are now so interchangeable. Unfortunately I live in a very rural area and the only way to get my hands on this stuff is online.

Someone just pointed me at GamersGate which I will admit is awesome. I just bought the Sims Medieval to test it out I only bought the one version but now I have the ability to download both the PC and Mac version of the game. Looking down the list most of the games have PC+Mac in the same package which is great. I have my eye on the Sims 3 Deluxe package on there which has both the Sims 3 base game and Sims 3 Generations for £44. Seeing Generations is bout £30 it may be the cheapest way for me to regain my Sims 3 base game and have both PC and Mac versions at my finger tips :)