Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited June 2011
    Not to sound rude, but I'd like to see some proof of this. I just pulled out my copy of Generations, and nowhere on it is Maxis credited or mentioned; EA is the only company mentioned, just as EA has been the only company mentioned on The Sims products starting with "Free Time."

I don't really feel I should have to prove what I said however this is the sims forum and sad to say I have found over the years nobody believes anything without a direct quote etc. I am not going to put my personal Origin up but if you open yours and check out the ad you will see what I do.

THE SIMS™ 3 PETS LIMITED EDITION

Create perfect—or imperfect—pets for your Sims, from fierce guard dogs to destructive kittens to trusty horses and more as you determine not only how your Sims’ pets look but their personality traits as well. With a variety of new activities and social interactions, take control of these pets and experience the world from their perspective. Treat your Sims and their pets to an exclusive venue filled with unique objects found only in the Limited Edition. Give your Sims...
    Show More
    SYSTEM REQ

*Requires The Sims™ 3 to play.

GAME DETAILS

GENRE
    Simulation
    PUBLISHER
    Electronic Arts
    RELEASE DATE
    Fall 2011
    BRAND
    Sims
    DEVELOPER
    Maxis

edit: click on the Generations ad and "show more", same thing.
    Hmmm even the first one.
    Origin.png"width=640"
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    Clenching straws is all anyone is doing. No one has all the facts - including exactly what the pet store DOES, IS, or SELLS. But everyone is so caught up on principles that they are ready to freak out at everything they dislike. And people ARE selfish. Especially gamers who tend to be the most self-entitled consumer of all. And the solution is simple. Buy the game as Limited Edition which all the versions of Pets will be during release, or do not and then you do not get the pet store. This is marketing. If a limited anything comes out, it usually is a ploy to get more people to purchase it than otherwise would have when it releases without waiting for sale pricing or peer reviews. Ever watch television commercials? If I act now, I not only get the chopper but I also get the dicer and slicer. But if I wait till I see it in stores, I only get the chopper for the same price because I chose to wait it out. Same principle applies.

This isn't like some limited time offer commercial for a free potato peeler with the bullet blender. This is something a bit more serious, for the first time ever in Sims 3 an entire venue is ONLY for those who CAN get the limited edition expansion pack.

This is like if they had decided you could ONLY get the Consignment Shop IF you got Ambitions special edition expansion pack. Any world you downloaded the shop loses it's register and it reverts to a general community lot. Poof goes the dummies, poof goes the display shelves, poof goes that chance of buying locally a book on SimFu or Nectar Making or Photography or oh hey a time machine for only 9k sweet!

Now if we wish for this to change so everyone can have a pet store venue and design it to however they see fit then we are happy to be called selfish for standing by our principles.
  • JessLolJessLol Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2011
    Wow I'm really ****** off/disappointed about all of this, I usually buy expansions and stuff packs the day they come out anyway, but that is NOT the point. It's completely unfair!

To those in Australia, EB games have the game for pre-order at $48 bucks and it doesn't say that it's LE, and GAME also has it for pre-order, for an INSANE $88 bucks and that doesn't mention that it's LE either.

My question is, is the LE version going to be available in Australia AT ALL?

EA, can you work your **** out because this and your constant game bugs are really going to lose you customers.
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    I had a feeling that this would happen, particularly with GAME (though I haven't checked the UK site again yet). Unclear labelling of the product to confuse us. I love GAME, I do but at times their product labelling is very confusing.

I only found out about 2 weeks ago that the expensive Limited Editions we have been getting included the base game. I mean it explains a lot but GAME themselves have never actually said that it contains the base game which is pretty fail on their part.

Edit: Still no listing for Pets at all. I wonder if they'll just decide to offer the limited edition version due to the obvious confusion with our actual limited edition version (or alternatively we won't be able to get it at all), from what I can remember they have done something like that before though not with the sims.
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I had a feeling that this would happen, particularly with GAME (though I haven't checked the UK site again yet). Unclear labelling of the product to confuse us. I love GAME, I do but at times their product labelling is very confusing.

I only found out about 2 weeks ago that the expensive Limited Editions we have been getting included the base game. I mean it explains a lot but GAME themselves have never actually said that it contains the base game which is pretty fail on their part.

Edit: Still no listing for Pets at all. I wonder if they'll just decide to offer the limited edition version due to the obvious confusion with our actual limited edition version (or alternatively we won't be able to get it at all), from what I can remember they have done something like that before though not with the sims.

Yeah on the Oz GAME site, it has Pets listed but there is literally nothing else besides the 'Image Coming Soon' picture and the price. So confusing! And 88 dollars, on an expansion?! I paid a tiny bit more for the actual base game!
  • gerbenlegacygerbenlegacy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I personally think it would be sooo much funnier if someone would just put out a mod so everyone could place petshops in their game, pre-ordered or not :lol::lol: And I think that's the best way to beat EA on this, as if they care about a few people nagging about it on the forums...
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    JessLol wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

Yeah on the Oz GAME site, it has Pets listed but there is literally nothing else besides the 'Image Coming Soon' picture and the price. So confusing! And 88 dollars, on an expansion?! I paid a tiny bit more for the actual base game!

You're probably looking at the expansion pack + the base game hence the inflated price over a regular EP - I see GAME in Australia are just as fail at explaining the difference as GAME in the UK are.

This is going to be so confusing for us if they do actually confirm that the limited edition is available XD;
  • shaaaiiishaaaiii Posts: 75 New Member
    edited June 2011
    JessLol wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

That's not the actual price. The GAME website in Australia constantly have wrong prices. I'm from Australia, you probably saw in my thread where I mentioned all this :wink:
    edited June 2011
    shaaaiii wrote:
    JessLol wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

That's not the actual price. The GAME website in Australia constantly have wrong prices. I'm from Australia, you probably saw in my thread where I mentioned all this :wink:

Nope as soon as I saw the first page of this thread I want on a rampage and did my own research.
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited June 2011
    What about those new players who discover Sims 3 later and then only join to this EP due to time factor? How it will be handled in this case when people cannot get a Pet store since this is a very limited offer depending from your location and your ordering time.

Will be this exclusive Pet store object (one, which is necessary to create a Pet venue) available in the EA Sims 3 Store later by any chance?

If it's not then it will be unfair to those who later join sims 3 community or those who cannot get it in their location at the right time. It really doesn't look that players/customers are treated equal in this point.

To me it looks like I have to hurry at the release day of Sims 3 Pets EP visiting a mall for the Limited Edition copy, picking it up before another didn't...
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    Clenching straws is all anyone is doing. No one has all the facts - including exactly what the pet store DOES, IS, or SELLS. But everyone is so caught up on principles that they are ready to freak out at everything they dislike. And people ARE selfish. Especially gamers who tend to be the most self-entitled consumer of all. And the solution is simple. Buy the game as Limited Edition which all the versions of Pets will be during release, or do not and then you do not get the pet store. This is marketing. If a limited anything comes out, it usually is a ploy to get more people to purchase it than otherwise would have when it releases without waiting for sale pricing or peer reviews. Ever watch television commercials? If I act now, I not only get the chopper but I also get the dicer and slicer. But if I wait till I see it in stores, I only get the chopper for the same price because I chose to wait it out. Same principle applies.
    Maybe in your whacky, fantasy land but it doesn't. The Sims is a digital game, not a game show - a game show relies on the spur of the moment, while a console/PC game lasts longer - your logic is pretty lousy.

We shouldn't have to buy the Limited Edition to get a feature that has been in The Sims franchise since the beginning. We shouldn't have to buy Limited Edition to get any extra features because EA have decided they have given up with exclusive content and want people to buy features, like no other gaming company has ever done before with Expansion Packs. It's a stupid move by EA, and I really do hope it back fires just to spite them. It's ridiculousm and your attitude is rather selfish - "Buy it first then stop complaining". I shouldn't have to ;)
    What about those new players who discover Sims 3 later and then only join to this EP due to time factor? How it will be handled in this case when people cannot get a Pet store since this is a very limited offer depending from your location and your ordering time.

Will be this exclusive Pet store object (one, which is necessary to create a Pet venue) available in the EA Sims 3 Store later by any chance?

If it's not then it will be unfair to those who later join sims 3 community or those who cannot get it in their location at the right time. It really doesn't look that players/customers are treated equal in this point.

To me it looks like I have to hurry at the release day of Sims 3 Pets EP visiting a mall for the Limited Edition copy, picking it up before another didn't...
    A good post :) If it does turn up in the Pet Store I won't be happy. EA shouldn't be using the store to sell game features like Pet Store venues. You wouldn't want them selling the apartment feature in the store.
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited June 2011
    I hope i will be not off-topic if i do reply to you GommeInc. EA Sims store has already in sell Ambitions EP feature like functional washers and dryers...

Probably someone wouldn't be happy with selling Pet store Venue object in an online store but it would make that object available later for those who cannot have it immediately by some reasons.
    edited June 2011
    I hope i will be not off-topic if i do reply to you GommeInc. EA Sims store has already in sell Ambitions EP feature like functional washers and dryers...

Probably someone wouldn't be happy with selling Pet store Venue object in an online store but it would make that object available later for those who cannot have it immediately by some reasons.
    As far as I am aware, Ambitions came with washers and dryers (mine did at least) and the ones you get from the store require Ambitions to work.
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    We shouldn't have to buy the Limited Edition to get a feature that has been in The Sims franchise since the beginning. We shouldn't have to buy Limited Edition to get any extra features because EA have decided they have given up with exclusive content and want people to buy features, like no other gaming company has ever done before with Expansion Packs. It's a stupid move by EA, and I really do hope it back fires just to spite them. It's ridiculousm and your attitude is rather selfish - "Buy it first then stop complaining". I shouldn't have to ;)

AMEN!
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited June 2011
    Seriously EA? how in the world could you possibly think this would be a good marketing technique? sure. you'll make money off the preorders...but then people wont want to get it because when the LE runs out, what content will there be? not enough to spend 40 bucks on, or more. and the digital copies? is it going to be like generations, and forget to put the patch link on your site, so those people cant play until they wander on the forums? watch. the sims 4 will have a limited edition with CAS and the normal version wont. Thanks. what you're doing is a slap in the face about this pet store feature. you're becoming lazy, greedy, and just plain sleezy. I'm going back to the sims 2, where i can enjoy the features that you're giving us less and less of.
  • GdurmaGdurma Posts: 490 Member
    edited June 2011
    Oh. and I love how the guru stops posting when an uproar starts.
    edited June 2011
    Gdurma wrote:
    Oh. and I love how the guru stops posting when an uproar starts.
    He's just the messenger. We can't be angry at him for doing his job, especially when he's only a volunteer. Blame the people who are incharge, and unaccountable ;)
  • mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:

As far as I am aware, Ambitions came with washers and dryers (mine did at least) and the ones you get from the store require Ambitions to work.

Just to correct you, you do not need Ambitions to purchase, download and use the washers/dryers in the store.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/294640.page
    edited June 2011
    mhobler wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:

Just to correct you, you do not need Ambitions to purchase, download and use the washers/dryers in the store.
    Oh right, interesting. Not that it changes much, Pet Stores should be a standard feature. Washing machines and tumble dryers aren't exactly a major feature, although if EA do this it reduces the use of buying EPs :/
  • mhoblermhobler Posts: 299 Member
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    mhobler wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:

Oh right, interesting. Not that it changes much, Pet Stores should be a standard feature. Washing machines and tumble dryers aren't exactly a major feature, although if EA do this it reduces the use of buying EPs :/

Oh, I fully agree. I think pet stores should be included no matter what. I'm currently torn as the whether to preorder or not. On one hand I want pet stores, on the other I don't want to support something like this, if they get away with this, who knows what they'll try next?
    edited June 2011
    mhobler wrote:
    Oh, I fully agree. I think pet stores should be included no matter what. I'm currently torn as the whether to preorder or not. On one hand I want pet stores, on the other I don't want to support something like this, if they get away with this, who knows what they'll try next?
    Indeed, it could set a bad prescedent. If they find this is successful, without looking at the uproar it has caused to the community, then they could happily cause more pointless arguments and disruptions. Hopefully they'll realise this and not try it again.
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:
    Maybe in your whacky, fantasy land but it doesn't. The Sims is a digital game, not a game show - a game show relies on the spur of the moment, while a console/PC game lasts longer - your logic is pretty lousy.

A good post :) If it does turn up in the Pet Store I won't be happy. EA shouldn't be using the store to sell game features like Pet Store venues. You wouldn't want them selling the apartment feature in the store.

Ugh I couldn't find the end of this post so I quoted it all.

I am not saying "buy it first and shut up". I am saying, WHAT IS THE PET STORE? We know it is a pet store in name. We know what one angle of it looks like. But we have no clue what it sells and what it does and I think its silly to get all freaked out by something we don't even have all the facts other than speculation and an idea. Sims players are extremists. Its all or nothing. I am not saying I agree with the decision. But I am saying its not one that is likely to make ME personally flip out. I just think this whole issue is so far out of hand over a game feature that its ridiculous.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited June 2011
    I almost can see their next idea: Pre-order Seasons and you will get snow, get it later and you can forget having winter...
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    Ugh I couldn't find the end of this post so I quoted it all.

I am not saying "buy it first and shut up". I am saying, WHAT IS THE PET STORE? We know it is a pet store in name. We know what one angle of it looks like. But we have no clue what it sells and what it does and I think its silly to get all freaked out by something we don't even have all the facts other than speculation and an idea. Sims players are extremists. Its all or nothing. I am not saying I agree with the decision. But I am saying its not one that is likely to make ME personally flip out. I just think this whole issue is so far out of hand over a game feature that its ridiculous.
    It's the principle of the idea behind what EA are doing that is annoying - why make features exclusive? They've not done it before and they shouldn't do, no other company does this. So far we know that Pets Stores are limited edition items that cannot be built or placed in standard versions. What they do is irrelevant, it's a store - you buy items at one, no item sold at this store is going to be that amazing to make a whole feature exclusive.
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    I am saying, WHAT IS THE PET STORE? We know it is a pet store in name. We know what one angle of it looks like. But we have no clue what it sells and what it does and I think its silly to get all freaked out by something we don't even have all the facts other than speculation and an idea. Sims players are extremists. Its all or nothing. I am not saying I agree with the decision. But I am saying its not one that is likely to make ME personally flip out. I just think this whole issue is so far out of hand over a game feature that its ridiculous.

It's been confirmed the pet store is not a rabbit hole. So what does that leave us? Something like the Consignment Shop where you can go in and browse.

By limiting the pet store to limited edition only it would be like in the past they had decided you could have ONLY got the Consignment Shop IF you got Ambitions limited edition expansion pack. Any world you downloaded the Consignment shop loses it's "limited edition content" such as the register and it reverts to a general community lot. Poof goes the dummies, poof goes the display shelves, poof goes that chance of buying locally a book on SimFu or Nectar Making or Photography or oh hey a time machine for only 9k...

Sure some would say it's a lot but can you imagine how your game play would be different if they hadn't given everyone a consignment shop or the ability to create one? Granted I'm sure a consignment shop isn't nearly as interesting as a pet shop to most. ;)